Opinions on Tykable Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykedanappies

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any opinions on Tykable Waddler or Body Builder diapers. I read where someone said that they thought that we were in a diaper renaissance. I can't agree with them more. We are seeing quality product with super absorbency designed with an durable outer, highly decorated envelope. Truly a great time to be a DL. I wear nappies, and proud of it!

As a new disposable diaper wearer from cloth...I LOVE disposables from Tykables,Northshore and Rearz. Never any leaks. Usually 8 hours or more before a diaper change is needed.and I wear all day and night. Love the prints!!! More like a baby than an adult!!!!

I prefer the waddler over the little builder, don't like the color scheme of the builders, the waddler is one of the most practicable diapers on the market as far a strength, absorbency and taping imo.

What units from tykables have the Velcro tapes besides the overnights?

Waddler overnights and galactic are the same diaper with a different pattern, and have velcro. The little builders are very similar but with less than half the capacity, and are designed for daytime wear. (also velcro)

I just reordered another case of LB's, they're my wear-to-work diaper. And they were designed specifically for this, and so work very well. They're discrete and lower cost, but yet still functional, very comfortable, and have pretty much all the premium features. IMO there's no better way to stay padded in public.

I haven't gotten as much experience with the overnights / galactic, but they do work really well for overnight use. They deliver on high capacity, wicking, and swelling. Only thing about them is they're pretty stiff when dry, and if you try to wear them during the day you're likely to start sweating, as they are a bit of a thermal blanket when dry also.

While the velcro panel in the front is also a bit stiff, as are the tapes, the shell is exceptionally soft and smooth. (the tradeoff being that it's easily damaged/punctured)

I like the Overnights, Galactics, and Waddlers. The concept of the light, thinner, daytime diapers is great but the I don't care for the Little Builders colors. The orange sides actually looks more pink, making them look like a girls diaper but with construction vehicles. Kind of a weird combination for me as I prefer boy themed diapers. I hope Tykables makes some design changes to Little Builders 2.0. That said, the Little Builders diaper though is a good, thin diaper that does the job well.

Waddlers are a little bit thinner than the Overnights and Galactics (they're the same diaper just different prints). I just got a new half case of Overnights and they seem to be a bit softer. The previous batch were definitely stiffer and didn't fit quite as well until they were worn for some time and conformed to your body's shape. The new ones seem to fit right away and are very comfortable. Not sure it they made some subtle changes to the material?

I highly recommend the Overnights, Waddlers, and Galactics as they look great, fit very well, and absorb a lot! If you don't mind a pinkish/girl theme with construction vehicles, then the Little Builders are a great daytime diaper to wear under regular clothes.

BryanGoodnite said:
I like the Overnights, Galactics, and Waddlers. The concept of the light, thinner, daytime diapers is great but the I don't care for the Little Builders colors. The orange sides actually looks more pink, making them look like a girls diaper but with construction vehicles. Kind of a weird combination for me as I prefer boy themed diapers. I hope Tykables makes some design changes to Little Builders 2.0. That said, the Little Builders diaper though is a good, thin diaper that does the job well.

I agree, I would like to see something different in the print. I don't know why so many diapers have checkerboard-type colored patterns on the front and back wings. Even getting rid of just that would be an improvement IMO.

But for me the LB's are all about function. They're purpose-built daytime diapers, and fit that purpose very well.

NeverKnow said:
Waddlers have a lower capacity than Overnights and Galactics.

I'd love to see Tykables release something less garishly colored with sturdier plastic. The plastic is too fragile for me. But otherwise I like them a lot.

AFAIK waddlers are no longer available. (besides the handful I have left and will be listing here hopefully this weekend...) The Little Builders are basically reworked waddlers, just change the print and switch to velcro.

I personally hope they keep the thinner, softer plastic. There aren't a lot of other diapers available with such a soft shell, and I consider that a feature. You just have to be careful that your zipper pull isn't pointing UP when you pull up your pants/shorts - I've "harpooned" my diaper a time or two by accident! :sweatdrop:

NeverKnow said:
Ah, you're referring to the old Waddlers? The new Waddlers are listed on their website and are in stock in large. They have a 4000 ml theoretical capacity compared to Overnights' 5500.And pretty frequently plastic near the tapes tears. This'd be less of a problem if Tykables fit me better (it is less of a problem with Bumooza), but I can't really take advantage of the velcro tabs.
Oh interesting, I guess they added them with a bit more capacity. Not sure where the "original waddlers" fit in on the capacity scale. I guess tykables is 100% velcro now?
And pretty frequently plastic near the tapes tears. This'd be less of a problem if Tykables fit me better (it is less of a problem with Bumooza), but I can't really take advantage of the velcro tabs.
I haven't had that problem so far. (though MOST of my experience has been with the LB)

I think they need to get a better design artist. Their colors are really distasteful to me....

Also I find it sort of weird that they have enough money to put in all this creation of clothing and diapers and they don't sell a size small yet?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back