Does anybody know the meaning of “RAWR” and where did it come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other

Hi everybody

What is the meaning of Rawr?

When a little says Maybe it can mean several things mosley yes but it could also be no.

I.e.
Caregiver: “Do you want to watch cartoons? “

Little: “Maybe” meaning Yes

Or

Caregiver: “Does someone need to have a nap?”

Little: “Maybe” meaning No and I will be a brat if you make me.

And so on

But what about RAWR

When my Little says “Rawr” means I want to communicate with you And acknowledge your presence but I don't have any words to say.

It can also be a Indication of the mood that Little Isaac is in witch is usually playful.

I was have this conversation with some other AB’s and they said it can also mean I like you. Or I like what we are doing.

I was wondering if anyone would know where this come from and does it have a meaning to you?

Thanks

Siysiy

it came about during the myspace days with emo/metal scenes adopting RAWR as kind of a cute growlish gesture towards someone they like. It was extremely annoying during 2008 and being a teen.

Years ago friends had a young son who took a liking to me. He would play peek aboo and I would "rawr" at him. He would giggle. I did not think too much about it until months later when he and I were "rawring" back and forth and his mother said, "Did you teach him that?" I told her maybe, it was just fun between us. She laughed and told me she and her husband had searched everything he watched and listened to to figure our where he learned to growl. Apparently he had started doing it to eveyone.

So for me it is just a cute way to communicate happiness and playfulness. I still "rawr" on a regular basis. It is my happy sound.

Rawr means I love you in dinosaur

Personally I saw it used a lot in the early days of world of warcraft. I think it was around the burning crusade era when blizzard buffed feral druids and gave them feral charge an ability that let them rush the target and stun it for a short duration.

Bear Form (Tank) druids were so disgustingly overpowered they could pretty much take on anything short of raid and instance bosses solo.

There was a huge elite monster called a Fel Reaver roaming the entry zone Hellfire Penninsula. You'd see 3 or 4 druids rush this thing and take it down but it had a knockback ability that flung them way into the air but they could still use feral charge even though they weren't on the ground. So it would literally look like a bear missile or rocket flying back into this thing when it happened. It was quickly coined RAWR bombing. At least on the server I played on at the time.

I'm sure it probably had roots elsewhere. I'm wanting to say that was around 2006-2007 so probably a lot of emo/scene kids playing around that time that drug it over from myspace/second life or something.

I always associated Rawr with the furry scene.

I think it means whatever you want it to mean. I've heard many people (including an earlier poster in this thread!) say it means "I love you" in dinosaur, but's that's just one use.

From an AB/Little perspective, I think it's just a cute word that sounds quite childish. I think I'd use it in a playful way, to me it sounds like a small lion trying to be big, but maybe it's just a way to express yourself in that mindset when you don't have another word to use.
Ultimately, if you know someone well, you'll come to learn what they mean when they use it in the way that's unique to them. I've never heard of the emo or WoW usage but I guess that proves the point.

The word makes me think of the book, "Where the Wild Things Are".

This was a popular thing with the emo/scene kids in the mid 2000s.

I believe it does come from that "Rawr means I love you in dinosaur" thing. Just a fad/meme of those days.

Katy Perry know the origin.

[video=youtube;CevxZvSJLk8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back