Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I'm so so happy about these!

Made some shrinky dinks of the ABU logo, Rearz lion, Crinklz bear, and Clifford the big red dog. Glasses for scale.

Going to make these into pins to attach to my bags and backpacks. Who knows maybe someone will recognize where they're from :>

What are some other designs I can make?
20180921_212940.jpg

I didn't know they still made Shrinky Dinks! We used to make Yoshi Eggs and Yoshis from Mario all the time. We had magnetic strips to make them into magnets.

HTML said:
I didn't know they still made Shrinky Dinks! We used to make Yoshi Eggs and Yoshis from Mario all the time. We had magnetic strips to make them into magnets.
That's super neat. I also used to play with them, don't remember what I made though.

And yeah! Believe it or not. Some people even make them professionally.

Got mine from Michael's

I just love the lion didn't even know what a shrinky dink was lol

Cute :)

I remember shrinky dinks. Unfortunately, can't make any for myself as my oven filament burnt out, gonna need to call the landlord for that one.

As for other designs you could make, hmmmm, how about a cloth diaper with a big safety pin on the front or a baby rattle or maybe some of the critters from Little Pawz :)

I totally want to do that now. Make the animals from the Crinklz and turn them into jacket zipper pulls. :D

I'd actually heard that you can use Shrinky Dinks to make temporary tags for pets/people. (People like...if you're travelling with kids so if they kid gets separated they have something to say "I'm staying at XYZ hotel, room 340" instead of just telling the person helping them "I'm in the big place with all the people.")

CuddleWoozle said:
I totally want to do that now. Make the animals from the Crinklz and turn them into jacket zipper pulls. :D

I'd actually heard that you can use Shrinky Dinks to make temporary tags for pets/people. (People like...if you're travelling with kids so if they kid gets separated they have something to say "I'm staying at XYZ hotel, room 340" instead of just telling the person helping them "I'm in the big place with all the people.")

OMG that's such a cute idea! I'd buy Crinklz shrinky dinks! I'll have to research exactly what shrinky dinks are and how they're made now, my brain is exploding with cute ideas!

Wuggle said:
OMG that's such a cute idea! I'd buy Crinklz shrinky dinks! I'll have to research exactly what shrinky dinks are and how they're made now, my brain is exploding with cute ideas!

Allow me to make your research easier!

https://www.alexbrands.com/pa_brand/shrinky-dinks/

They're polystyrene sheets that can be cut by scissors/x-acto knife, colored/drawn on, and then baked in an oven to make the plastic shrink up and thicken. :3 The exact instructions should come printed on the packet. (Although I suggest using better quality pencils/markers to do the coloring and designs...if they're too cheaply made the pencils have more wax in them and it will melt and cause problems.)

Another fun thing to play with is Sculpey, it's a polymer clay that doesn't get hard until you bake it in the oven (or boil it in hot water...heat sets it.) I've used it personally to make a special set of eyes for a plush animal. He was based on a cartoon character and his eyes were rather unique. I've also heard of it being used for customizing dolls and my little pony figures. (That's where the boiling comes in! You can't bake vinyl!)

CuddleWoozle said:
Allow me to make your research easier!

https://www.alexbrands.com/pa_brand/shrinky-dinks/

They're polystyrene sheets that can be cut by scissors/x-acto knife, colored/drawn on, and then baked in an oven to make the plastic shrink up and thicken. :3 The exact instructions should come printed on the packet. (Although I suggest using better quality pencils/markers to do the coloring and designs...if they're too cheaply made the pencils have more wax in them and it will melt and cause problems.)

Another fun thing to play with is Sculpey, it's a polymer clay that doesn't get hard until you bake it in the oven (or boil it in hot water...heat sets it.) I've used it personally to make a special set of eyes for a plush animal. He was based on a cartoon character and his eyes were rather unique. I've also heard of it being used for customizing dolls and my little pony figures. (That's where the boiling comes in! You can't bake vinyl!)
Thanks Woozle ^_^
Yeah it's really easy. Just draw (or trace), color, and shrink.

If you'd like to replicate my results I used the Ruff N Ready 10 pack and a $10 80 pack of bargain brand "Leisure Arts" colored pencils from Walmart. Crayola should be a bit better. If you really want your stuff to be extremely bright, go Prismacolor or other high end colored pencil brand

Sculpy or other polymer clay is extremely fun for custom pieces too.

I've made a small flat ABU logo out of polymer clay before and painted it.

Sheepies said:
Thanks Woozle ^_^

If you'd like to replicate my results I used the Ruff N Ready 10 pack and a $10 80 pack of bargain brand "Leisure Arts" colored pencils from Walmart. Crayola should be a bit better. If you really want your stuff to be extremely bright, go Prismacolor or other high end colored pencil brand

Oh! Before I forget you also need something to glaze your pieces or else the pencil will rub off.

For temporary results and something you may already have, use clear nail polish. Eventually it'll yellow and turn tacky though so keep that in mind.

I used Sculpy glaze I already had for my clay. I hear mod podge works well.

For professional results: UV resin

Sheepies said:
Thanks Woozle ^_^

Wow, you're clearly very skilled! I did some research and found inkjet shrinky dink paper that you can print images onto, cut out, and shrink, and I assumed with the precision and quality of your shrinky dinks that that must have been what you did. You mean you drew/traced the images and coloured them by hand? I'm impressed!

Wuggle said:
Wow, you're clearly very skilled! I did some research and found inkjet shrinky dink paper that you can print images onto, cut out, and shrink, and I assumed with the precision and quality of your shrinky dinks that that must have been what you did. You mean you drew/traced the images and coloured them by hand? I'm impressed!

Aww thank you ^_^

I can't take too much credit since all I did was trace a picture that was already there lol

Have never tried the print on ones, but have seen them. Honestly that'd probably be best for making them extra accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back