Prelude to a sneeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

daylight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ever notice before you sneeze, you pause what you are doing? Stop walking. Focus narrows, eyes water, inhale, and...nothing.

In my case, bladder leakage/spasms are kind of like this. It is either a 'oh!', an immediate whoosh, there you go. The nonchalant hand to the seat/front of pants check. Excuse me while I go change [again].

Or it is like a sneeze, you pause, the bladder is speaking, an increasing gradient of uninitiated, unstoppable contraction. And sigh nothing or the 'ooh did I just wet myself' look.

And intervention kind of hurts. If I wake up in this state, it is mostly a foregone conclusion that my bladder will ache all day. You know that deep, constant, knotted pain that rides behind your daily stream of thought.

How about driving? I find if my bladder is already aching, driving exasperates it [a lot]. I feel beat up down below after an hour drive. The up side is our roads are so bad that the resulting vibrations/jolts causes my bladder to lock down (not leak, hurt yes). However, once stopped, it's that frozen look of a prelude.

I wonder, and ask, how many others experience the same thing? If not, what is your prelude to 'go'?

Thanks,

D

When I was urge incontinent and with a blockage it was much worse for me. I'd get an urge, and would have to stop doing what I was doing. No amount of relaxing to pee would work for me so I'd take a deep breath and strain to push as hard as I could. Eventually the flood gate would breach open and I could relax as I continued to pee. With the pressure gone I'd have a big sense of relief as my bladder pain would subside. Needless to say it was very obvious to others around me.

Now that I'm functionally incontinent I don't even think about it. I am guaranteed to pee some when I sneeze though. That and stand, cough, or even just take a deep breath. The best part, obody around me is aware I just peed.

I know the morning bladder pain well. One of my triggers believe it or not is opening my eyes. It is nearly impossible for me to pee in bed with my eyes closed. I am daytime incontinent, but only wet the bed 4-8 times per month. I have a lot of dry nights and sometimes wake up with a painfully full bladder. It releases shortly after opening my eyes, and every minute I am awake my bladder is overactive.

Part of my neurogenic bladder problem is that I just don't feel any pain or urge sensations at all. I'll feel an uncomfortable bloating if my bladder gets too full but it will usually start leaking before it gets to that stage. My bladder doesn't spasm or even contract at all but the sphincter will give up if it's under too much pressure.

Like MarcusP, I am daytime incontinent but almost never wet whilst asleep or even lying down and awake. But as soon as I stand up, whoosh! Out it all comes. I blame gravity.

Sneezing can make me fart and poop myself.

Well allergy season must be very interesting SLM. :)

There are days that having to choose between a type of incontinence (stress, urge, neuro, ?) that stress seems so much simpler and consistent - stand, leak, sit, leak, hop, leak, ... Where as, with urge, it's roulette but, it's those spasms/contractions of an empty bladder that are worst as they seem last exceptionally long compared to when my bladder cuts loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back