Is it worth retaining urinary continence when having to deal with onset of bowel incontinence?

I find I don't get cramps, it's usually because the water is at the wrong temp or you are pushing it in too fast. I was offered the choice of a more or less permanent indwelling Cath or a urostomy or disposable nappies for my bladder incontinence. Caths give me infections and kidney infection snomatter how careful I am so io went for nappies.

mkinko said:
Hi Missy
The attends adjustables are not comparable to pull-up because they are designed for heavy urinary and fecal incontinence. I was wearing them during the last five years, and they worked well for me (I switched to the regular attends slip because it‘s cheaper and works fine as well).

I don‘t irrigate (my bowel incontinence is not that bad; I manage to empty my bladder on most mornings and have only accidents once in a while), but I know of people who reported that their life quality has improved a lot thanks to stoma irrigation. The way I understand the method, by irrigating you make sure that your bowel is completely emptied which gives you more time until the next bowel incident.

A okej never mind then i wasent aware they existed

A okey i understand well i use water enema my self bacikly every morning and not to uncommon the rest of the times a swell to get it out but in MY case that dont help BUT in others it might .

Slomo wrote Stoma irrigation for bowell cleansing is basically where they add a port to your colon. You then use that port to add water, which will force a bowell movement and flush your colon clean.

A so bacikly what i call Water Enema then same basic idea thanks for the clarification Slomo dear (as i sed before dont help me. Buy me SOME time yes but i still have to go X hoers (bacikly say 4 -5 ) after sometimes within an hoer as well) but might help others.

@PCBaby
Thanks for the clarification. I meant Peristeen but was not aware how it exactly works (just remember that it serms to be a goid solution).

Do you mind if I ask, What psych med are you on that causes bowel incontinence?

thanks,

Adam

Back