Pets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a dog named Grimm. He likes to keep me company when I'm not at work and really likes belly rubs. He's a black lab/pit bull breed. Grimm also sleeps with my dad every night.

I can't show a picture because sometimes my phone is an ass.

Jasmine! Jasmine! Guess what! I had a Pitty for a brother! He was sweet and gentle, just like you. That's how your breed is supposed to be. Hugs and kisses and pets!

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Jasmine! Jasmine! Guess what! I had a Pitty for a brother! He was sweet and gentle, just like you. That's how your breed is supposed to be. Hugs and kisses and pets!

It bothers me so much how so many people hear of their reputation of being "Mean Dogs" and automatically assume every Pit Bull is Agressive and wants to attack people; a lot of them that end up aggressive are only aggressive because they are raised that way, and may assume being Agressive is how they have to be to survive (if it is a dog that has been Abused or has been in Dog Fighting Matches).

They are probably the most misunderstood dog breed out there because too many people raise them to be bad dogs, and it is always the "worst examples" that people hear of (many news stories of fatal dog attacks, but you wont hear of people getting "loved to death" in the news), people that raise dogs to be Agressive could probably raise any dog breed to be Aggressive; I wish we could put those "Dog Fighting Humans" in a Big Cage (like the UFC Octagon) and have them fight each other and see how they like it for a change.

Nah, I think pibbles have mooshy faces. :3 I was told by a wanna-be 'gangster' that was dating my niece that his dog would attack me. He proceeds to bring in a ginormous pit bull to try and scare me and my mom. I looked at the dog and said "WHOS GOT A MOOSHY FAAAAACE? YOU DOOOES!" And she came over and glued herself to my side. He tried to make her go back outside and she just stared at him like "No. This person scritches me. You bother this person, I bites YOO."

I felt so sorry for the poor dog because she wasn't mean at all and he was like...using her as an ego enhancer. He gave her away shortly afterwards and I hope she went somewhere nice. :(

All of them that I've ever met personally have been either bags of smoosh or big chickens. XD Or both. We have one staying with us currently who is afraid of my black cat...who is, in turn, afraid of dogs a bit. So they'll both see each other and just stand there like "OMGOMGOMGOMG..." until someone steps between them. I call her the Tiger Dog because she's almost solid black with brown stripes.

CuddleWoozle said:
LOL. Probably not! They're just that crazy/dopey! Mallow has to live separate from the other birds because she's too silly to defend herself if they start picking on her. They could be pecking out her feathers and she's just sitting there like "Why u do dis? Oh well."

Lol! That's probably pretty accurate actually. One of the other roosters, a giant lavender something-or-other who's literally three times Peppy's size will chase him into a corner, and Peppy just sort of flops over and goes, "Oh, cool, this is fun..." and the lavender doesn't know what to do, so they just end up sitting squished side by side and snuggling. I love chickens.

I have a few pets myself,

•Duke - lab / great dane mix, doofy but sweet
•Phoebe - mostly white cat with orange and grey splotches
•Leon - Sandy / purple / orange bearded dragon, part German giant and hypotranslucent
•Momma Bear - female bearded dragon
•Warren - "Derpy Dan" Male beardie, mate to MB
•Clyde - Veiled chameleon
•Frank - Leucistic blue-eyed ball python
-Also have a blue iguana and savannah monitor, but they are to young to determine gender and are not named yet. I have always had pets of all types around in my life. Definitely had some interesting ones, like my 30 pound red eared slider as well as an albino red eared slider that I found in the wild, he was as big as a 50 cent piece, but passed while I was on vacation due to a family member not checking in on him. Those two are probably the coolest two from the past. The big turtle was released into a friend's pond due to size, probably still there too. Plenty more, but I'll refrain from writing a book.

Used to have sheep but now just my cat Keiko20180622_232657.jpg

NehFaasSinonKron said:
I have a few pets myself,

•Duke - lab / great dane mix, doofy but sweet
•Phoebe - mostly white cat with orange and grey splotches
•Leon - Sandy / purple / orange bearded dragon, part German giant and hypotranslucent
•Momma Bear - female bearded dragon
•Warren - "Derpy Dan" Male beardie, mate to MB
•Clyde - Veiled chameleon
•Frank - Leucistic blue-eyed ball python
-Also have a blue iguana and savannah monitor, but they are to young to determine gender and are not named yet. I have always had pets of all types around in my life. Definitely had some interesting ones, like my 30 pound red eared slider as well as an albino red eared slider that I found in the wild, he was as big as a 50 cent piece, but passed while I was on vacation due to a family member not checking in on him. Those two are probably the coolest two from the past. The big turtle was released into a friend's pond due to size, probably still there too. Plenty more, but I'll refrain from writing a book.

I used to have a couple of Eastern painted turtles. XD Then I found out that they're apparently illegal to keep as pets (or so everyone kept telling me when I was a kid), so I found a very nice large pond that no one fishes in and released them there with the blessing of the family who lived there. (They thought it would be great fun to have turtles in the pond and pushed some old trees down into the water at the edge for them to come out and sit on.)

They came from the wild if anyone was wondering, so their survival instincts were very much intact. As soon as I put the bigger male down he was gone with a SPLOOSH and exploring.

(BTW: for the non-turtle-knowledgable, 'painted' is not literally painted with a brush. It's a reference to their colorful orange and yellow markings. They're about the same as a red-eared slider but they have two yellow dots on the back of their heads.)

I've never gotten any other reptiles because I thought that the crickets would make a bunch of noise. Turns out they've been specially bred to not be able to make cricket noises. O_O

I have 2 siberian huskys, a american eskimo, and a american akita, and the pitbull in my house which belongs to my relative.

Animals are great.

I have a dog, Darcy, he is 8 and he is not only a great dog but he is also my guide dog and helps me out with my autism when I have a panic about something he is there.
I also have a cat called Milly, she's a rescue cat so we don't know what bredes she might have in her.
I then have Spec and Tickles, they are my fish.
Over the years I've had horses too, but I don't own one at the moment. I am looking for another one soon but I just don't have the money or the time. At the moment, therefore, I am riding a school horse at the stables where I go who is an 18 year-old quarter horse called FireFly.
Sorry for the long post, but I love my animals.

I have 2 dogs. A 15 year old greyhound mix named Spice, and a 2 year old yellow lab mix named Bailey.

I have 20, yes 20 dogs.
5 cats
9 horses
1 African grey parrot
1 rosy boa snake
2 tortoises
2 doves
1 parakeet
And a pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Quaker Parrot and a Florida River Cooter (Turtle).

Found the picture below when looking through stuff and cleaning the house and throwing junk out, Not a very high quality picture, but I'm keeping it because it has my last dog in it.

You can see he is Old in that picture, but he lasted a few more years after that picture was taken (2012), I miss that dog and will never forget him.

1538529005659672464308573493775.jpg

I feel you BabyTyrant. The coolest and best pet I've ever had was a black lab mix named Sweety. She was very gentle, and loved everyone. Plus she always seemed to know exactly what everyone needed- every time. She was incredibly smart and knew dozens of tricks too. Ultimately she died of cancer, or more realistically I ordered her killed because I thought she was in too much pain from the open skin sores. That still weighs on me heavily to this day.
7-29-00 to 3-30-13.jpg

Slomo said:
snip...I ordered her killed because I thought she was in too much pain from the open skin sores. That still weighs on me heavily to this day.

I know how that feels.

Three of the five cats I have had over my life, I had to have put down. I just knew they were in too much pain and what I was doing was ultimately the best thing for them but that is still very hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back