Teddy bear needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PampersBoy87

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have a teddy bear that has a major injury his knee is split up to his waist and I don't know how to sew. He has been with me for some years now and I don't want to get rid of him and would like to have him fixed but I don't know anyone that can sew. I live in New York and am willing to pay to have him fixed so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could try a place that does clothes repairs and alterations, those sorts of shops have seamstresses and might be willing to repair your teddy. Hope this helps :)

Look up "doll hospitals" in your area. 🐈

Yes. Doll Hospitals, Teddy Bear Hospitals, Toy Hospitals.

If I lived in New York I would do it, but I don't live anywhere near you and I don't want to take on the responsibility of mail-travel for a plushie.

Sewing isn't usually that difficult, but if you've never done it at all it might take some practice. It's a good practical skill to have and the stuff you'd need to do the repair isn't very expensive. (Well, providing it wasn't a dog attack or something. Those can get really dicey because they're like putting a puzzle together.)

You might also have luck with a tailor shop that does alterations and such. Just ask them if they'll do it. All they can say is "No."

Thanks for the help guys I'll have to look into these places.

PampersBoy87 said:
I have a teddy bear that has a major injury his knee is split up to his waist and I don't know how to sew. He has been with me for some years now and I don't want to get rid of him and would like to have him fixed but I don't know anyone that can sew. I live in New York and am willing to pay to have him fixed so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sewing is easy. Generally, always double-stitch and use double twine thread.

(so like use two strings, and stitch over it a few times) He'll be fine :) Licking the string helps thread the needle the easiest ^_^

I once sat down and made a teddy bear into a wearable thing, didn't know how to sew at all. It turned out great though but I mostly wear my pooh onesie. The mouth was really hard to sew though since it is very thin fabric I can see through. It does take patience and time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back