I am asexual

Zoran said:
I agree it’s an option for sure but it sounds like I’m celibac(spelling?) since I did like girls in the past.

Might just be low or no hormone production, possibly "fixable". (seen a doctor about it? low sex drive / "low labido")

Well regardless of what your sexual preference (or none at all) is, we didn't choose to be the way we are. we didn't choose to like diapers or be incontinent. So live life the way you are, enjoy, and be yourself.

Just understand that in today's society... If you are celibate, or "asexual", you REALLY ARE alone.

Honeywell6180 said:
Just understand that in today's society... If you are celibate, or "asexual", you REALLY ARE alone.

Good. I -like- being alone. Less stress from unwarranted societal pressures. :lol:

Honeywell6180 said:

What of the asexuals and celibates in relationships? Asexuality is a complication to be sure but if you still want relationships, there are always possibilities.

Trevor said:
What of the asexuals and celibates in relationships? Asexuality is a complication to be sure but if you still want relationships, there are always possibilities.

I was actually referring to the hatred that society has towards those who they feel are different, and don't fit the norms. I have had so many accusations made against me in the past, it's not even funny. The discrimination I have suffered, is also a contributing factor towards my being on disability. Even my own biological family has trouble accepting me, in spite of their being somewhat tolerant of my presence.

Honeywell6180 said:
I was actually referring to the hatred that society has towards those who they feel are different, and don't fit the norms. I have had so many accusations made against me in the past, it's not even funny. The discrimination I have suffered, is also a contributing factor towards my being on disability. Even my own biological family has trouble accepting me, in spite of their being somewhat tolerant of my presence.

I'm sorry that's been your experience. This can be alienating but I don't think the doom and gloom is universal. It's a challenge but I'm not going to yield to despair.

bambinod said:
Might just be low or no hormone production, possibly "fixable". (seen a doctor about it? low sex drive / "low labido")

I am trans so I got my hormones "fixed" when I started to transition and went onto testosterone. All it did was make me want to masturbate a lot. Didn't increase my interest in having sex with anyone else though.

I suspect that the cause for me is genital dysphoria, not wanting anyone else to see what I have down there.

CuddleWoozle said:
Oh you'd be surprised at how many people are just like "!!! You can't be NONE. That's not an option!" XD And I'm like "It's always an option!" :laugh:

There is celibacy, too, which is different because it's like asexuality but it's when you -choose- not to pursue a relationship. Asexuals just never get the feeling at all.

Well the only time I been pressed was by some of my friends at church at which I responded "to some is given the gift of celibacy" what are they going to say to that, quoting St. Paul there. You just need to know how to respond or when to walk away. I never had any one press more then a few seconds. Maybe I am just lucky and have the right people in my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Honeywell6180 said:

I would disagree with this, I am celibate/asexual and I have MANY people in my life. I am never alone, even though I "live alone" But I always have people to talk to and interact with. It just I have no romantic entanglement. And being a man in this world you don't want to deal with that.

Honeywell6180 said:

That makes me feel real better! (sarcasm ) it is funny though because I say I like being alone and not having friends my counselor says that deep down I'm really I'm lonely.

I’ve not had any relationship for five years, mainly because my life’s complicated as it is and having a partner would just make things more complicated. Also a lot of people are turned off by an incontinent guy who needs diapers and a wheelchair, and I get friendzoned a lot. For two whole years I just shut down this area of my life completely. Now I’m trying to open it up again but I’m so busy I don’t have the time.

Not sure if that makes me asexual by design, choice or by circumstance.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Dinotopian2002 said:
I’ve not had any relationship for five years, mainly because my life’s complicated as it is and having a partner would just make things more complicated. Also a lot of people are turned off by an incontinent guy who needs diapers and a wheelchair, and I get friendzoned a lot. For two whole years I just shut down this area of my life completely. Now I’m trying to open it up again but I’m so busy I don’t have the time.

Not sure if that makes me asexual by design, choice or by circumstance.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

People shouldn’t judge based on such traits as disabilities or appearance. It’s so sad that we live in a world that still does.

Unrelated but it’s been many years since I read and watched Dinotopia and now I want to again!

Hi Zoran

Thanks for your kind words. It’s not great but I’m used to it. What makes things worse is that my other health conditions have even more stigma surrounding them than my IC so that can scare some people off as well.

As such, I’ve just been focusing on what I CAN do and I’ve been working on a series of pet projects while working part time. However due to my limitations this has taken me a lot longer to get anything off the ground. As a result, I don’t have any time for myself, let alone time or energy for a relationship.

As for Dinotopia, it was one of my favourite books series as a kid, but I feel there’s a lot we can learn from it as adults, should we choose to.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I have higher functioning Classic Autism and I'm 42 years old and I think I may actually be asexual, because I'm really no longer interested in having a girlfriend. It's not going to happen and I have no burning desire to be with anyone. For me, even finding a playmate that is my age and a male is very difficult at best. How many people are autistic to begin with, and how many of those are emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. Sex is totally not something I really care about anymore. I'm still a virgin and I'm 42. - longallsboy

longallsboy said:
I have higher functioning Classic Autism and I'm 42 years old and I think I may actually be asexual, because I'm really no longer interested in having a girlfriend. It's not going to happen and I have no burning desire to be with anyone. For me, even finding a playmate that is my age and a male is very difficult at best. How many people are autistic to begin with, and how many of those are emotionally and socially like a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. Sex is totally not something I really care about anymore. I'm still a virgin and I'm 42. - longallsboy

That's pretty much how it turns out for a lot of folks on the autism spectrum. And I am definitely not an exception to the rule.

Same here. High functioning autism. Asexual. Sex just kinda grosses me out. Feels like a violation. O.O

I am asexual too

I'm am to i don't care for sex and if I wanted to I'll just wait till I find someone and get married with then I've been pressured to have sex and they're very pushy some guys are very

Sex is not nearly so important to me either.
my own preference is lesbian... (Transbian? 😺 )
So Yes Dylan is right. Pushy HNGs are a real pain in the backend.
But. At the same time, finding a partner is just as big a pain.

Last edited:
I thought I was asexual and/or diaper sexual, until I fell in love with a girl. Sadly, I realized this much too late, and by then she had lost interest in me. I still pray that I can be with her one day though.

Back