Regular People Responding Positively to AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poofybutt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So, I had an interesting experience today.

I attended a meet-up being held by other students and local artists and we got to talking about projects we'd like to make. Well, one woman chimed in with, "does anybody know about Adult Babies?". Being as I am one, I didn't speak up, but I squirmed in my seat a little bit. Usually when people bring us up or when I've overhead others bringing us up, it's usually as the butt of a joke or something, but this woman was completely interested. She's a photographer and a poet of sorts and she said she honestly though it was "cute" and that she "would love to snap some tasteful photos of one or write a poem about them". She said, "it seems like a very misunderstood community and that the practices while strange are rather cute", she chocked this up to her maternal instincts talking and said that for some reason, the thought of a a grown man or woman wearing a diaper and a onesie wasn't shocking at all, but rather quite adorable and innocent. She closed by stating that she would love to meet one (If only she knew about yours truly eh!).

But this experience reminded me of other instances where vanilla, average folks have been completely into this, like my 2nd girlfriend and my former Mommy friend for instance. They were both extremely normal people and yet they both accepted this with open arms. My 2nd girlfriend warmed up to it and found it cute after a while, though you could argue her acceptance of it was linked to the fact that she was dating me. My Mommy friend is probably a better example, as she explained to me, she discovered AB as a teenager in the 90's when she saw us on an episode of Phil Donahue, she never once thought about being an AB herself, but thought that this was cute and even healthy, she fantasized about being a Mommy to an AB for years afterwards.

I'm also talking to a possible Mommy/GF right now, she lives abroad, but it's the same general idea, completely vanilla and normal, not familiar with many kinks or alternative lifestyles of any kind, caught a few clips from that MTV True Life episode on ABs, thought it looked and sounded cute and set up a Fetlife account for the sole purpose of chatting with and getting to know members of the community. By random chance, she messaged me, I checked my FL account for the first time in literal ages and we hit it off. She is now looking forward to meeting me at some point and having Baby/Mommy time together.

So, how about the rest of you? Have you ever seen or overheard a normal person, guy or girl talking positively about the AB community? I'm sure others have.

To be honest, while there's always gonna be naysayers, logic would dictate that there are going to be a few regular, average folks who stumble upon this and have the opposite reaction, that ABs are cute and wonderful :)

Wow this could bring a tear to the eye. I would be blown away if their is already a shift toward acceptance.

I would caution discretion though... I get you didn’t immediately drop your trousers to reveal your diaper pop in a paci and wrap your self in a blanket to be photographed.

Years ago I worked in the same company and building as 2 really lovely people, 1 of which was a family friend, they were helpful, friendly, inclusive and both highly intelligent, we went for coffee as a group until one coffee break they went on the attack against “freaks in nappies” after watching one of those shows. I sat there in quiet shock it killed my friendship with them but I was really surprised since they were both happy to work with gay people and transgender people (yes of course they should be) but ABDL was something to loathe.

I want to live in a place where walking down the street in a nappy won’t get any negative responses and seeing adult peeps in a push chair with big fluffy pink dresses and princess pink diapers is recognised as cute.

/verbal rant off

I haven't run across anyone spontaneously saying nice things about us (or bad things, for that matter). I don't think most people think about us much at all. Even with the increase in media coverage, I doubt we'd be easily identified. I had to explain ABDLs to two young ladies slumming in a kink bar one time. My friend was wearing little more than his diaper and they were curious. Their reactions might have been blunted by strong drinks but they didn't seem freaked out at all. They had a number of questions and were friendly and engaged.

We're weird but that's not the end of the world. I think under the right circumstances, many if not most could at least tolerate this.

I can't think of any time I have overheard a conversation about AB/DL outside of this group.

A post was made on reddit about the man who faked a disability to get caretakers to change his dirty diapers. Lots of people commented about how ‘it’s just a kink, find a healthy release’ ‘pay someone’ etc etc etc. I even saw a few people say something about their own ABDL side and they got plenty of upvotes. I recommend finding the thread and taking a peek.

Str8t Female cis gendered

Poofybutt said:
So, I had an interesting experience today.

I attended a meet-up being held by other students and local artists and we got to talking about projects we'd like to make. Well, one woman chimed in with, "does anybody know about Adult Babies?". Being as I am one, I didn't speak up, but I squirmed in my seat a little bit. Usually when people bring us up or when I've overhead others bringing us up, it's usually as the butt of a joke or something, but this woman was completely interested. She's a photographer and a poet of sorts and she said she honestly though it was "cute" and that she "would love to snap some tasteful photos of one or write a poem about them". She said, "it seems like a very misunderstood community and that the practices while strange are rather cute", she chocked this up to her maternal instincts talking and said that for some reason, the thought of a a grown man or woman wearing a diaper and a onesie wasn't shocking at all, but rather quite adorable and innocent. She closed by stating that she would love to meet one (If only she knew about yours truly eh!).

But this experience reminded me of other instances where vanilla, average folks have been completely into this, like my 2nd girlfriend and my former Mommy friend for instance. They were both extremely normal people and yet they both accepted this with open arms. My 2nd girlfriend warmed up to it and found it cute after a while, though you could argue her acceptance of it was linked to the fact that she was dating me. My Mommy friend is probably a better example, as she explained to me, she discovered AB as a teenager in the 90's when she saw us on an episode of Phil Donahue, she never once thought about being an AB herself, but thought that this was cute and even healthy, she fantasized about being a Mommy to an AB for years afterwards.

I'm also talking to a possible Mommy/GF right now, she lives abroad, but it's the same general idea, completely vanilla and normal, not familiar with many kinks or alternative lifestyles of any kind, caught a few clips from that MTV True Life episode on ABs, thought it looked and sounded cute and set up a Fetlife account for the sole purpose of chatting with and getting to know members of the community. By random chance, she messaged me, I checked my FL account for the first time in literal ages and we hit it off. She is now looking forward to meeting me at some point and having Baby/Mommy time together.

So, how about the rest of you? Have you ever seen or overheard a normal person, guy or girl talking positively about the AB community? I'm sure others have.

To be honest, while there's always gonna be naysayers, logic would dictate that there are going to be a few regular, average folks who stumble upon this and have the opposite reaction, that ABs are cute and wonderful :)

First of all, thank you for sharing this with us. I finally realize that some know what we do is innocent, cute and soothing. My spirit guide tells me that I will find a lover who will embrace me as an AB/DL. :cloud9::paci::giggles:

Bascially 98% of the people in my life have reacted positively. You all have to be less patronizing and have more faith in humanity!

I find that it helps when people know YOU first. Like as an all around person.

It's kind of like furry stuff...I spent an hour at work explaining the intricacies of the furry 'world' to someone because he said 'don't they just dress up and have sex in animal suits?' and that started the whole thing. XD At the end he was like "How in the world do you know so much about this?" And I said "Well, I've been drawing cute cartoon animals for as long as I could pick up a pencil. So joining in a group of people who appreciate cute cartoon animals was natural. Of course I didn't know about dat freaky stuff beforehand, but it's not quite as prevalent as the media would like you to think." XD

Of course I already knew he was a cool guy because I explained asexuality to him and he actually went and looked it up and came back to tell me he finally 'got' it. XD

I'd say AB stuff is about the same. I tell people I work with that I'm really weird and they don't believe me. XD (And they know about the furry and asexual sides!)

My experience is the vast majority just don't care, or either think it's weird but each to their own. And yes, this is a BIG improvement versus 30, 20, even 10 years ago.

Poofybutt, we need all the positive "exposure" we can get. The next time you meet up you should step aside with her and discretely say you've though it over and will put her in contact with an abdl. Then say hi, I'm abdl. Of course, I'd personally also mention that due to her knowing how misunderstood we are it's probably best to keep things discreet.

I would love it if it was more accepted. I wish I was more comfortable going out in a diaper but I'm not. I have gone out in public but I made sure people couldn't tell.

I tell whoever asks. No shame. I don't tell people without them asking or for no reason. Most of my close friends know, as do my parents. My parents were a bit freaked out but they were like "your life I suppose, it's a healthier habbit than smoking or binge drinking".
My friends were mostly curious. They had never heard of it and some found it strange, some found it ok. They all still accept me though.
People are usually just confused or intrigued by it, i've never had anyone respond really badly. They all seem to just have a very "whatever floats your boat" attitude.

Reactions: perlFerret
This is sort of how my daddy and I broached the topic, granted online but still similar idea. He knew about ABDLs but had no real opinion on them, when I told him I was one he was curious and as we grew closer offered to take care of me until he was basically already a daddy without being called one.

I think it's super heartwarming to see, I find that generally speaking people don't care. Even people who dislike it tend to be like "that's gross but whatever they do in their private lives doesn't effect me".

I don't know if I'd ever go so far as to go out in just a diaper but it would be nice if littles were more understood. I wouldn't mind being able to do smaller things like use a sippy/bottle in public or a paci, or carry a plushie around without fear of being judged. And having people recognize me as little would be nice.

My experience has been either highly against or don't care. I've had many friends talk about it as the cringy side of humanity that needs to be put down (don't you go all self righteous either many of you say the same things about them for holding different opinions then you, you are no different)
It is interesting to hear of some areas where people are accepting, but I don't know that I'd want to live in those areas.

I'm curious of if this person ever finds an AB or just moves on, and what becomes of it; But alas I'm sure we will never know.

I feel like I would really like to get in touch with this person, just to chat. I feel like the conversation with open minded and interested people would be so interesting. I'd love to connect with someone like this.

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back