Driving business trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idaho

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So today I had to driving for business and I wore diapers the whole time and changed in rest stops. My last rest stop didn't have a trash in the stall or in the bathroom so I had to take the diaper outside trash can. I had to carry it outside in the open without a bag or anything. How many people has had this issue?

Not quite the same but I've changed in a stall in a restroom with others in it and carried the diaper to the bin near the sinks. On the one hand, it's embarrassing. On the other hand, I was fulfilling the same function that everyone else in there was, so there wasn't any reason to be freaked out about it. I had my twinge and I moved on with my life. As one might expect, no one had any reaction. It's possible but I doubt it's very common.

I've been in a similar situation once. There's a rest stop on I-82 that has a family restroom (private with a locking door) but no trash can inside, the closest being about 20ft away from the door to the bathroom with a full view from both parking lots. I made that mistake once and not again since

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chanch0 said:
I've been in a similar situation once. There's a rest stop on I-82 that has a family restroom (private with a locking door) but no trash can inside, the closest being about 20ft away from the door to the bathroom with a full view from both parking lots. I made that mistake once and not again since

Public restrooms don't consistently have inside or even nearby outside trash cans. You should anticipate this and be prepared, even if only to have an opaque thin grocery sack with you. An opaque "disposal bag" should be part of everyone's diaper change kit.

The OP must have either had a long drive, or changed pretty frequently? I've made a 5.5 hr drive several times without needing to change. Granted, it was a Safari, and I didn't need to arrive at my destination dry, and I sure needed a change by the time I arrived!

First time I changed in a public restroom and as a few years ago and the first person who walked in on me asked if I needed assistance as I had one arm in a sling, I said I could manage and continued with my diaper change.

It's happened to me a few times. Especially at gas stations like others have said. Usually the ones that have hand blow dryers too. The same for going from a stall to the can in the restroom. I never found it embarrassing though, and would just take the rolled up diaper to the nearest can I could find.

It was also like that most everwhere I went to in Japan. Their culture has them drying their hands on their pants (seriously). As such, they don't have paper towels or blow dryers, so not much of a need for trash cans. Not to mention the often cramed space in their restrooms don't allow for a can anyways.

I carry small plastic garbage bags in my backpack just incsse theres no trssh can or I need to take the used disper with me for disposal if I am at a clients.

as for carrying out a used disper from the stall or bathroom I have no problems with that in 4 years no one has said boo or really even noticed, its part of being incontinent we have to do what we have to do and worrying about it is not worth the stress :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back