Would you like ABU to do a run of classic SDKs or Cushies?

What would you like to see?

• SDKs

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Cushies

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Padding/capacity equivalent at least of current 2 tapes

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Original plastic is a must

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Blue liner is a must

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi peeps,

Who would like ABU to make another run of original SDKs or Cushies and if so what features are a must for you?

"original" cushies? the ones AKA "leakies"? Why would anyone want to see that disaster again? The current ones perform and fit so much better!

Seconded. ABU has only made their diapers better over time. Why WOULD you want to go back to cheaply made diapers that leak all the time?

What kinda craziness are you talking about none of us want leaky diapers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
"original" cushies? the ones AKA "leakies"? Why would anyone want to see that disaster again? The current ones perform and fit so much better!

They worked quite well for me. They were comfortable and the plastic felt great! The capacity was not high but good enough for me most of the time and with a stuffer they were excellent.

Absolutely! I would love it if they brought the v1 back, I never had a prob with leaks. They were the closest thing to an authentic pamper, I just wished they were thicker. All the v2 is , is a medical diaper with pampers print on the front panel. What most people forget about is the fact that the look, the feel, the shape of how the paddeing was felt was actually like an original pamper. Original pampers didn’t have elastic waist bands in front or back and the wings of the diaper (when wearing)didn’t go down to the middle of your thighs making it look like your wearing granny panties.
If you really look at it, all ab/dL diapers are medical diapers that just have different prints and colors on them.

bambinod said:

Slomo said:
Seconded. ABU has only made their diapers better over time. Why WOULD you want to go back to cheaply made diapers that leak all the time?

DLChad34 said:
What kinda craziness are you talking about none of us want leaky diapers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I just want to see everyone happy (especially after my last just for fun poll was about upgrading / taking SDKs/Cushies further away from the v1s.)

Also I did put an option for better padding as a gauge on whether the majority of peeps who respond want what was produced in the past or still have the better capacity.

Trevor said:
They worked quite well for me. They were comfortable and the plastic felt great! The capacity was not high but good enough for me most of the time and with a stuffer they were excellent.

See of course there are peeps that want them :)

Twee said:
Absolutely! I would love it if they brought the v1 back, I never had a prob with leaks. They were the closest thing to an authentic pamper, I just wished they were thicker. All the v2 is , is a medical diaper with pampers print on the front panel. What most people forget about is the fact that the look, the feel, the shape of how the paddeing was felt was actually like an original pamper. Original pampers didn’t have elastic waist bands in front or back and the wings of the diaper (when wearing)didn’t go down to the middle of your thighs making it look like your wearing granny panties.
If you really look at it, all ab/dL diapers are medical diapers that just have different prints and colors on them.

Did you select the padding equivalent of at least current 2 tapes?

Argent said:
I just want to see everyone happy (especially after my last just for fun poll was about upgrading / taking SDKs/Cushies further away from the v1s.)

Also I did put an option for better padding as a gauge on whether the majority of peeps who respond want what was produced in the past or still have the better capacity.

See of course there are peeps that want them :)

Did you select the padding equivalent of at least current 2 tapes?

I apologize for not making my self more clear. The thickness of the v2 is fine what bothers me is the shape of the padding(the rounded hourglass shape). Both older and newer baby diapers don’t have that shape of padding and you can’t see the padding in the baby diaper to begin with, which is y I liked v1 better cause the padding is more squared and the padding went further into the wings making the padding less visible while wearing , which is why the v1looked like an authentic baby diaper,but needed to be thicker.

Twee said:
I apologize for not making my self more clear. The thickness of the v2 is fine what bothers me is the shape of the padding(the rounded hourglass shape). Both older and newer baby diapers don’t have that shape of padding and you can’t see the padding in the baby diaper to begin with, which is y I liked v1 better cause the padding is more squared and the padding went further into the wings making the padding less visible while wearing , which is why the v1looked like an authentic baby diaper,but needed to be thicker.

Yes, they were more rectangular. Also, the padding on the front of the 1990s version of Pampers Phases was actually wider in the front than back, and the front of Pampers Phases was thicker than the back. There is nothing made like that today. Oh, and let's not forget the oxford blue pin stripes on both Luvs and Pampers prior to 1993, with the plastic backing that was actually quite shiny along with their smooth, white liner with no channels. I bet something like that would sell out a container in less than 5 minutes, especially if they had the Luvs nautical design taping panel.

YES!!! A run of the SDK V1's and Cushies V1's with the padding quality and capacity of the current two tapes would be the ultimate for me! If I could design a diaper myself, that's what it would be, my idea of perfection!

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I would like to see them do a Depends overnight clone. I miss those cheap, lightly absorbent diapers. I like the fit of the 3 tapes, and the way it fit my body.
I even buy attends classics for that same feel, but it would be nice if they held more than a sneeze.

Twee said:

Actually, if you ever look to see how a diaper fits on a baby you'd see the padding will still wrap around the sides a little. The middle will also bunch up between their legs. Imagine it ending up being more like a V shaped hour glass (which is exactly the same you do with cloth diapers). Of course an adults body is shaped differently and most adults don't like all that extra bulk, or the sagging, between the legs. Hence why adult diapers need to be contoured instead of a narrow strip of padding down the middle.

Slomo said:
Actually, if you ever look to see how a diaper fits on a baby you'd see the padding will still wrap around the sides a little. The middle will also bunch up between their legs. Imagine it ending up being more like a V shaped hour glass (which is exactly the same you do with cloth diapers). Of course an adults body is shaped differently and most adults don't like all that extra bulk, or the sagging, between the legs. Hence why adult diapers need to be contoured instead of a narrow strip of padding down the middle.
The hourglass shape is referring to the rounded corners on the padding, as opposed to being squared off like baby diapers. If you lay a diaper out open and flat, the padding will make an hourglass shape like a number 8. If you lay out a baby diaper, or a SDK V1, the corners squared off don't look like an hourglass. Both have padding extending into the wings to some extent, so both are sort of "contoured".

Just wanted to clear up what people are referring to when they say hourglass :)

The hourglass shape totally takes away from the baby diaper look and makes it look more like a medical diaper.

RG

RGordon45 said:
The hourglass shape is referring to the rounded corners on the padding, as opposed to being squared off like baby diapers. If you lay a diaper out open and flat, the padding will make an hourglass shape like a number 8. If you lay out a baby diaper, or a SDK V1, the corners squared off don't look like an hourglass. Both have padding extending into the wings to some extent, so both are sort of "contoured".

Just wanted to clear up what people are referring to when they say hourglass :)

The hourglass shape totally takes away from the baby diaper look and makes it look more like a medical diaper.

RG

Correct, that's exactly what I said. Laid out, a baby diaper's padding is a straight rectangle. Except when put on, that strait strip of padding gets bunched together in the middle and ends up fitting more like a V. Meaning even a baby diaper becomes somewhat contoured when put on to a baby. We can't do that as adults because our body shapes are differently proportioned. Hence why adult diapers need to be countoured.

Pampers haven't really been as mainstream here in Australia so I never really had a good look at those that were the inspiration for SDKs (+ never tried the original SDKs) so I am really learning a lot!

Old ABU might have lost the communities support and trust but it sure sounds like they delivered something that became much beloved.

At very least the old style shiny plastic sounds like something we are missing out on (not that I don’t love current SDKs), I understand it was much thinner though, was it prone to wrips?

Argent said:
At very least the old style shiny plastic sounds like something we are missing out on (not that I don’t love current SDKs), I understand it was much thinner though, was it prone to wrips?

The plastic was thinner, a bit stiffer (very loud crinkle!), and soooo smooth just like pampers. They also had a slight light blue somewhere in the backing like pampers did. You could see it around the edges, but where the padding was, they were the pure white. I've never had problem with tearing, but when at capacity, they actually would leak just a tiny bit throughout the entire backsheet. Never could understand how that was possible. That and the cheap absorbent material were their only downfalls. Although, those are pretty big downfalls.

If they had the quality absorbent material of the current SDK's, they would have been my dream diaper for sure! Loved the squared corners on the padding, the way the padding went well into the wings, the way they went higher up the back, and the extra room in the seat! They were pretty damn close to the real deal!!

RG

RGordon45 said:
The plastic was thinner, a bit stiffer (very loud crinkle!), and soooo smooth just like pampers. They also had a slight light blue somewhere in the backing like pampers did. You could see it around the edges, but where the padding was, they were the pure white.

You really ought to try Rearz's Inspire Select. They're single-tapes, 100% all white shell, and have that pastel blue highlighting inside similar to what old Pampers did. They're based on the Inspire shell and padding which is a fairly good capacity too, but with more sturdy (blue) leak guards.

They're just about out of large cases (there was ONE left last I looked) and their inventory of Medium is running low too. There are no promises of there being a second run of them, so this may be your last chance to try them.

bambinod said:
You really ought to try Rearz's Inspire Select. They're single-tapes, 100% all white shell, and have that pastel blue highlighting inside similar to what old Pampers did. They're based on the Inspire shell and padding which is a fairly good capacity too, but with more sturdy (blue) leak guards.

They're just about out of large cases (there was ONE left last I looked) and their inventory of Medium is running low too. There are no promises of there being a second run of them, so this may be your last chance to try them.

I would really like to try those myself, but shipping out of Canada is extremely expensive. This, and then there's a nearly 100% possibility that they will not go back into production. This, or course, means that there won't be a steady supply should I wish to switch entirely to this brand and model. Rearz needs to be more consistent if this actually turns out to be a good alternative to other brands. I would prefer they make another run, because of their large size being sold out. This indicates to me, that the product will sell, and sell even better than their Safari brand. Why can't people get it in their heads about common sense and utility, plus comfort?

bambinod said:

I tried them a couple times. Didn'treally care for them. They were so big and stiff, and felt cheap. Overall I don't really care for rearz stuff. They seem like play diapers but not really too good for real function. I also find all of the absorbent material quickly migrates totally out of the top of the diaper and ends up in one big clump at the bottom. Just my opinion I guess. Others seem to love them.

RG

id like the barebums to have a elastic waistband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back