phantom leaks, relatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busylady

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi there,

I'm experiencing "phantom-leaks". When voiding I swear I feel something trickle on the inside of my legs down to my knees, but when I check I'm dry. I'm still learning to trust the diaper since it's al quite new to me, maybe that's te reason I'm a bit frantic about it.

Is this something others have or experienced as well, and does it go away?

Have a good day
B.

It’s normal don’t worry, as soon as you’ll get used to wear diapers it’ll be normal and you’ll not feel the “phantom leaks” anymore.
And if you change yourself regularly, close the diaper well and pay a bit of attention a leak is going to be improbable.

I used to have that as well. It was driven by my not trusting the diapers I was wearing, and being paranoid it would leak. That was when I used Abena xplus for urge incontinence and flooding. Boy was that wrong. After switching to something better I was able to stop worrying about it and that phantom feeling went away.

What diapers are you using, and how much do you tend to leak each time? Is it a small and short trickle, or full on flooding?

well, that's the thing: I don't experience leaks at all with the diaper I'm using now (absorin)! But it's still fresh in my memory since I'm new to this whole situation. I remember to clearly the first 2 days after surgery when they removed the catheter and suddely I had almost no control over what my bladder was doing. And a few weeks further I know it's not going to get a lot better, the nerve is damaged.

The only leaks I've had so far was with the sample packet Tena pull-ups that were to big for me. But the absorin haven't failed me yet. Maybe "trust the diaper" should become a sort of mantra for me, "trust the diaper and breathe..." ;-)

I'll be going out of the house more often the next few days, I need to build up some confidence and experience to adjust and be able to do the things I did before. So I'll just start with the schoolrun and some groceries tomorrow, maybe drive to my parents the next day to see how that goes.

yeah most of the time they aren't there afterwards, but sometimes when you least expect it they will appear, so it's not a bad idea to check if you do feel a trickle at the leg gaurds, because even though when you feel that it hasn't been a leak yet, it can however sometimes escape there.

I used to have these more often despite actual leaks being very rare. They were super annoying! I think being 24/7 pretty much killed them for me. I know that's not the sort of fix that would be practical for everyone but I'm sure there are other approaches.

Danke und schönen Tag

Phantom leaks are a pain but they disappear over time as your body and subconscious adapts to being diapered 24/7 and you learn to trust your diaper. Now after 4 years of wearing 24/7 the feeling is no longer a phantom leak its a diaper failure and its real oh well its part of dealing with IC issues.

Despite wearing diapers 24/7 for years I still have these phantom leaks once in a while, so yeah - I feel ya. I just can´t get rid of them. I always quickly go to the bathroom and find out everything is fine. On the plus side I visit the bathroom and do not raise suspicion why I´m rarely there compared to others. ^^

I suspect it might have to do with bigger and faster voidings. It kinda "tickles"(for the lack of a better word) weird and the cushion swells faster, maybe there is even a temporary puddle from what it feels like. Could be that all this sensory input causes me to be nervous and I must check. But my padding always did the job and then I leave the lavatory with a nice feeling of relief. :sweatdrop: I can trust in my diaper and that is a very positive thing when you ponder on it.
These experiences also helped me accept and even like my diapers. They are there for me when I loose control and protect me from embarrassment. By now it feels just great wearing them - calming, soft and safe. :cloud9:

Cheers

hope to get on cloud 9 as well, for now i just feel sooooo awkward. I rode my bike today for the first time wearing a diaper, at the traffic lights I had a spsam and was afraid to get up on the saddle again. But it went well, no leaks. Leaks are fake news (but still I checked)

.... and later when I sat down on the couch I thought I sat down on ones of the kids squishy toys....

No kidding, those mental scans of is it fake or real... How about the physical jolt/reflect of a hand pressed against the side, front, or better, the publicly invisible hand to the rear.

Like others have said, in time and confidence this soon will pass. I'm still waiting for that time. How long does it take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back