Been debating on quitting diapers altogether

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonnie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’ve been into wearing diapers all my adult life and most of my childhood, and I truly love wearing diapers, and I have worn them 24/7 for quite a few years, but lately I have gone without a diaper more than I’ve been wearing them.
Working 16 hours a day at two jobs has kept a very well stocked supply of diapers on hand, as of right now I have over 400 diapers siting in the hallway leading to my bedroom.
But I have been giving serious thought of giving up the diapers as no matter how I try to work around it, messing my diapers at either job just ain’t convenient, and when I wear a diaper I feel I must use my diaper for all reasons.

I say do what makes you happy. If work is a problem then don't wear there. Wear at home to relax. If you go awhile without wearing nothing bad will happen. If you have a burst and wear 24/7 for awhile the world won't end either. It doesn't matter what people here, including myself, think. Do what you want and chill.

There's quite a difference in my experience between wearing less often than not and not wearing at all. I think I'd find it easier to change my expectations for what I did in them a lot easier than losing the desire altogether. Still, if you're not enjoying it and think you can stop, go for it. If I were you, I'd still keep some around.

I've had a greatly reduced desire to wear diapers since my wife died. I'm guessing it's because of depression. But I agree with others, why not stop wearing at work. I found too that if one doesn't wear all the time, then the times that you really want to wear seem a lot more intense and enjoyable.

Life happens and everyone's tastes change from time to time. If you feel like giving up diapers and you gave it enough thought, then you're doing what's best for you.

And if you feel like diving back into diapers in the future, there's no laws against that either! Good luck with your choice either way.

Lonnie, I would say do it just the way you want to. Put it all away for a a while and see how you feel. If you decide it was too much "cold turkey" you can always go back, no harm no foul. You have been wearing for an awful long time. I would think that eventually you will want to feel secure again. Either way you do it, there is no wrong answer here.

One of the reasons I’ve been finding it impossible to keep from wetting or messing in a diaper when I wear one, I have gotten so used to just letting go while diapered that it has become second nature to just use the diaper, and as much as I enjoy doing so I am finding it less convenient to do so with my current jobs.
All I have to do is think of wearing a diaper and I start leaking piss which just makes me wanting to diaper up and let it just happen again.
As far as my doctors are concerned they are all convinced I am urinary incontenent and want to treat it with more and more drugs but I keep saying no to their efforts to control my incontinence.
After all when diapered I am totally not in control of when I pee and if I do need to poop it’s only a matter of seconds from the feeling of needing to go to filling my diaper with poop.

You say you still love wearing them, so ask yourself can you consciously choose to stop loving- anything? The answer is an obvious no. BUT who says you have to wear them all the time? There are plenty here who only wear at night, and that's a perfect ballance for them. So why not slowly cut back on when and how often you use them untill you feel ballanced with your own diaper love.

Slomo said:
You say you still love wearing them, so ask yourself can you consciously choose to stop loving- anything? The answer is an obvious no. BUT who says you have to wear them all the time? There are plenty here who only wear at night, and that's a perfect ballance for them. So why not slowly cut back on when and how often you use them untill you feel ballanced with your own diaper love.

I would rather not give up my diapers, I would rather wear my diapers 24/7 and not worry about finding a restroom and just use my diaper, but due to current work schedule and job sites full use of a diaper is not a good thing to be doing.
I can go without a diaper if I want but I would rather be diapered.

It's kinda sad that you're saying 'it's all the time or no more diapers.'

12srepaid said:
It's kinda sad that you're saying 'it's all the time or no more diapers.'

That’s the feeling I got when reading the post too. :(

I really hope Lonnie you can find a 3rd option like a new job that doesn’t make it so awkward (I know that can be near impossible sometimes) or switch to wearing a front pad system while at work that might not fully trigger the feeling of being diapered and leading to immediate dribbling and messing?

If you're genuinely incontinent, what other options do you have?

dogboy said:
If you're genuinely incontinent, what other options do you have?

I lost all control of my bladder back in 1987 due to nerve damage from a back injury, that’s when I started wearing diapers 24/7 to keep my pants dry. Employer I had back than did not mind me wearing diapers as long as I had medical proof of need. Went to doctor and got the medical proof and all was good for the next 28 years of employment even after I’d started messing my diapers once a week and worked my way up to messing my diapers daily at work.
Than the biggest budget cut happened and my job was on the chopping block so I looked for another job and found on in my field of exsperence and soon had another well paying job and all was good. Or so I thought, when I went to the Human Resources office to notify my employer of my need to wear diapers and ask for reasonable accommodations (ie time to change in the event if messing my diaper) all good for two weeks when I was told my service was no longer needed and I no longer had any job.

So as you can probably guess why I’m reluctant to inform my current 2 employers and thinking of just trying to make it through the day without diapers.

I’m sorry to hear that, at my job in the USA, that wouldn’t be tolerated, we have people with disabilities act which protects employees and employers.

I have tried to give up diapers. I have tried Keagle's exercise to empty my bladder, I've tried pads, OTC bladder leak underwear, without success. I have had numerous accidents warranting that I must accept that diapers are my only viable answer. These attempts to give up are attempted periodically, most recently last night, when I was out with my husband. I wore a pair of OTC bladder leak underwear. Before going to bed I totally emptied my bladder, and limited fluid intake. Overnight I did wet a small amount and the underwear worked, I got up put on my jeans and took the dog out. Suddenly I wet heavily and wet my pants. I was upset, that I had to go in and put on a diaper and clean clothes. As I sit here writing this I have come to realize that my attempts to get rid of diapers have been unsuccessful.
I wish you luck in your attempt to give up wearing diapers.

lonnie said:
so I looked for another job and found on in my field of exsperence and soon had another well paying job and all was good. Or so I thought, when I went to the Human Resources office to notify my employer of my need to wear diapers and ask for reasonable accommodations (ie time to change in the event if messing my diaper) all good for two weeks when I was told my service was no longer needed and I no longer had any job.

So as you can probably guess why I’m reluctant to inform my current 2 employers and thinking of just trying to make it through the day without diapers.

That definitely wouldn't fly in the USA. ADA provides substantial legal options if an employer tries to pull a stunt like that. If anything, it makes it harder for the employers because having such a filing on record tends to make the employee extremely difficult to fire or lay off even when they have a good reason for it.

Well this did happen in the good ole USA, right here in Wisconsin, now a right to work state which gives the employer every chance and excuse to get rid of you when you no longer fit their mold.
Oh they never said it was because I wear diapers, oh no theys better than that, now it’s we eliminated the position or some other likely excuse where they are not held responsible for firing a person with a disability or medical condition. I have been let go at 2 employers after I brought up the need and medical documents.
I have a hard enough time getting hired once it is brought up I only have one eye and am half deaf even with hearing aids.

lonnie said:
Well this did happen in the good ole USA, right here in Wisconsin, now a right to work state which gives the employer every chance and excuse to get rid of you when you no longer fit their mold.
Oh they never said it was because I wear diapers, oh no theys better than that, now it’s we eliminated the position or some other likely excuse where they are not held responsible for firing a person with a disability or medical condition. I have been let go at 2 employers after I brought up the need and medical documents.
I have a hard enough time getting hired once it is brought up I only have one eye and am half deaf even with hearing aids.

Aaahhh, we're getting a clearer picture now. It sounds like the employers don't want you because of your multiple disabilities, not just because of your incontinence. So you're wanting to try and eliminate the need for diapers so you will appear less disabled and therefore increase your deirability to employers. And yeah, with right to work states it is nearly impossible you were fired or denied employment because of a disability. And if you can't lrove it, then the ADA can't help you.

One question though, if you're legitimately incontinent then exactly how do you intend to become non diaper dependent anyways? Is not wearing while at work, or ever, even an option for you or is it just wishfull thinking? (Ok, that was two questions).

Slomo said:
Aaahhh, we're getting a clearer picture now. It sounds like the employers don't want you because of your multiple disabilities, not just because of your incontinence. So you're wanting to try and eliminate the need for diapers so you will appear less disabled and therefore increase your deirability to employers. And yeah, with right to work states it is nearly impossible you were fired or denied employment because of a disability. And if you can't lrove it, then the ADA can't help you.

One question though, if you're legitimately incontinent then exactly how do you intend to become non diaper dependent anyways? Is not wearing while at work, or ever, even an option for you or is it just wishfull thinking? (Ok, that was two questions).
Simply by controlling how much I drink and when I drink, I can control how often my bladder empties by how much liquid I drink.

lonnie said:
Simply by controlling how much I drink and when I drink, I can control how often my bladder empties by how much liquid I drink.

Oh no. Don't do that! Purposefully dehydrating your body to that point can cause all kinds of negative effects- do it long term and that can even include death (seriously). The world heath organization recommends you start with 64 oz of water amd other liquids per day- and add to that depending on facors like your weight, the humidity and temperature.

That's around a two-liter bottle of liquids, per day. Trying to take in even half of that just for a job is not worth it, but to control when you pee you'd have to take in even less than that. You're better off with continuining to look for work, diapered as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back