The musical wounder of ADISC!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I've been living off of store brand diapers ever since my symptoms went haywire, but i can't trust them. What's the best diaper that can be ordered fast while being effective. I'm down to my last few briefs so time is a factor. I deal with dribbling and sporadic accidents.
Thanks

I like Bambinos i.e. the Magnifico. They hold a lot, are very comfortable and I like the Velcro fasteners.

Good options include dry 24/7, ABU Simple/Simple Ultra, Bambino Bianco. (These are all assuming you don't want designs on them, peekabus, little paws, sexy diapers, are all options if you want something a bit more design filled, fab sense or space if you don't necessarily want kiddy designs)

I personally prefer Betterdry/Crinklz, but you can't go wrong with PeekABU, Northshore supreme, or Confidry24/7.

Betterdry is one of the most absorbent diapers out there, and only a fraction of the cost compared to ABU diapers.

Might as well throw in the northshore briefs. They are fast to ship, pretty cost effective, and I just spent a 12 hour shift in one with a pretty heavy output day. The only issues I have with them is they aren't as high rise as others, and others complain they are stiff (but I like that about them)

NotTheAverageMan said:
Betterdry is one of the most absorbent diapers out there, and only a fraction of the cost compared to ABU diapers.

Indeed, if you permanently rely on diapers the cost per diaper is important(except you are rich).
The Betterdry/Crinklz and Dry24/7 are probably the best on the market, true. In any case just dig through online shops and look for high absorbent diapers. Attends, Abena(Abri), Seni, Tena and Hartmann(Molicare) are also brands with high absorbent products.

Cheers

If you are down to the dregs of the bag, finding a local medical supply store will give you the fastest solution. Thus, more time to figure out what you want/need.

Finding a higher capacity and form factor that fits your needs and body shape will take time. Drawing from my experiences, the highest capacity diapers weren't always the best. Yes, a lot of SAP but, the usability of the diaper (maximum capacity) was never realized as I would change long before reaching that point. Because having an inflatable blimp pressing against you and your bits is a limiting factor. Second, as the diaper swells, the ability to handle subsequent voids diminishes from the SAP swelling and compromising the leak guards and gaps to effectively channel the liquid to the unused parts of the diaper.

Others have provided some really good options. Price per unit of the more expensive diapers are overall cheaper if you consider reduced changing but, if you change when wet then the high capacity diapers are more expensive.

Best of luck

LifeInPlastic said:
Indeed, if you permanently rely on diapers the cost per diaper is important(except you are rich).
The Betterdry/Crinklz and Dry24/7 are probably the best on the market, true. In any case just dig through online shops and look for high absorbent diapers. Attends, Abena(Abri), Seni, Tena and Hartmann(Molicare) are also brands with high absorbent products.

Cheers

As always, this is not correct. Never look at it just as a cost per diaper. You have to look at it as a cost per day. And the diapers you mentioned are not high absorbency, they are mid-grade (actually, attends isn't even that). You will need to change them much more often when compared to diapers like betterdry. This drives up their total cost each day, which makes them more expensive overall.

Slomo said:
As always, this is not correct. Never look at it just as a cost per diaper. You have to look at it as a cost per day. And the diapers you mentioned are not high absorbency, they are mid-grade (actually, attends isn't even that). You will need to change them much more often when compared to diapers like betterdry. This drives up their total cost each day, which makes them more expensive overall.

True it´s more the cost per diaper in relation to their quality, should have pointed that out. But also it´s not always the best way to stick to the most maxed out diapers like Betterdry. There are other values to take into account.
Less changes mean dwelling longer in your own piss. Not every one may find that pleasant and a popping open a Betterdry after 8-12 hours has quite some stench to it - regardless of hydration. Apart from that there are different skin types and not everyone reacts favorably to longer exposure to urine. Maybe he likes to change into a fresh diaper more than 2 times a day?

Then again there is the question of the bladder volume and how fast it hits the padding. If you piss so hard/much that even a Betterdry leaks at the second or third voiding it is debatable if it´s still cheaper in comparison to a cheaper product that may only hold one flood - but safe. Plus it also matters in all this scenarios what fit´s the person best.

Therefore it IS a good idea to try the highest absorbency products of the mentioned companies(or others available). There are some good reasons a product that is less absorbent than the Betterdry might win the race(even though it never hurts to have some of them in stock). He must find something that is suitable for HIS current circumstances and that always works over ye good ol' trial 'n error.

Cheers

Betterdry and Crinklz are my diapers of choice to manage by incontinence issue, they have proven to be the most absorbant diaper I have tried. I can trust the diaper to do its job and have had very few leaks compared to other brands I have tried

Tena Ultima with plastic pants are just about foolproof.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
LifeInPlastic said:
True it´s more the cost per diaper in relation to their quality, should have pointed that out. But also it´s not always the best way to stick to the most maxed out diapers like Betterdry. There are other values to take into account.
Less changes mean dwelling longer in your own piss. Not every one may find that pleasant and a popping open a Betterdry after 8-12 hours has quite some stench to it - regardless of hydration. Apart from that there are different skin types and not everyone reacts favorably to longer exposure to urine. Maybe he likes to change into a fresh diaper more than 2 times a day?

Then again there is the question of the bladder volume and how fast it hits the padding. If you piss so hard/much that even a Betterdry leaks at the second or third voiding it is debatable if it´s still cheaper in comparison to a cheaper product that may only hold one flood - but safe. Plus it also matters in all this scenarios what fit´s the person best.

Therefore it IS a good idea to try the highest absorbency products of the mentioned companies(or others available). There are some good reasons a product that is less absorbent than the Betterdry might win the race(even though it never hurts to have some of them in stock). He must find something that is suitable for HIS current circumstances and that always works over ye good ol' trial 'n error.

Cheers

Agreed. If someone needs or wants to change more often then it wouldn't make sense to go with such a capable diaper. The same for those who only wear/use diapers for limited amounts of time.

But if you think about it, that would still apply to the cost per day view. A more capable diaper will cost more, but if you are changing more often (for whatever reason), then that drives up the cost versus using a lesser diaper that you do fully use.

Oh, and ps. If you stay well hydrated then you can easily go 12 hours in the same Betterdry diaper without it smelling much at all, let alone stinking badly. That is as long as you've got a proper fit like you said. The same for skin irritation too. Well hydrated and most will be able to go 12 hours with no rash problems. Not enough water intake though, and 12 hours will definitely stink bad and nearly guarantee a rash.

I have tried most “medical” related diapers, I.e non abdl. I am not saying adbl diapers are no good, its just that I am not an abdl and they are often 50% more expensive than normal diapers.

For heavy urinary incontinence my go to diapers are the Tena Slip Ultima Active Fit and the Drylife Slip Super. I find both to be excellent and very reliable. The Tena are the softer and more comfortable of the two. The Drylife wick better and are therefore able to use more of the available absorbency, but are a bit bulkier and stiffer.

I don’t find I need plastic pants over the top, but that is another barrier that can be added.

Slomo said:
Oh, and ps. If you stay well hydrated then you can easily go 12 hours in the same Betterdry diaper without it smelling much at all, let alone stinking badly. That is as long as you've got a proper fit like you said. The same for skin irritation too. Well hydrated and most will be able to go 12 hours with no rash problems. Not enough water intake though, and 12 hours will definitely stink bad and nearly guarantee a rash.

I don´t refer to the stink whilst wearing the diaper, but when you put it off. Even with good hydration it reeks after such a long time when fully exposed to air. But that might lie in the nose of the beholder. I was also speaking in general, some might have a more sensitive skin then you and me. Personally, I had no skin problems ever and sometimes pass up to 14 hours in my diaper package(which is by then well soaked) and do not mind sitting in my pee. Despite that I still enjoy the feeling of a fresh diaper after a quick clean up.
With all the brands out there I´m very positive he finds what is right for him.

Ruud26 said:
The Drylife wick better and are therefore able to use more of the available absorbency, but are a bit bulkier and stiffer.
Damn I forgot to mention these. The Drylife is truly a hidden gem in terms of absorbency and capacity.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back