Question for DL's with kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
Very well put Calico. Another positive rep I'd give- if I could.

Why can't you?

Calico said:
Why can't you?

Because most of the time I'm here on a mobile phone. Neither polls nor the rep system work on the mobile friendly version of this site, oh no avatars either. Attaching pictures and using bold or underline is difficult too, but can be done.

(Fyi, I'm not complaining, nearly making a truthful statement)

SweetPrincess said:
Excuse me!?

Firstly I wasn't actually referring to you. In my response I was speaking in general terms "you". You just happened to respond right before I posted mine with a similar response of "in my own home". So don't take it so personally.

To answer your question. No, no-one does know. But I make very little effort now to hide it. Should they stumble across it (such as just opening my closest they'll find it) I'll just tell them the truth. Also the fact I like to wear nappies doesn't generally come up in most conversations so I see no reason to bring it up. The same way you wouldn't bring up something specific like "I like avocados" unless someone asked you.

Again if you read my reply you would of known I already answered the second part of your question about "I don't share my sex life with my son also." I wasn't speaking on the fetish part. Like I said and I will re-state again "I myself many times wear to bed at night and use it in a non sexual way. I wake up, change and go about my day.".
Another example is the same way someone might like to drink beer to relax I like to wear nappies to de-stress. There you go another valid non-sexual explanation for nappy wearing. Why is saying publicly to people you like to drink beer and get drunk to de-stress acceptable and nappy wearing not?

I love challenging social norms. That was the point of my previous post. Not to score points, or to say "you're doing it wrong". I love playing devil's advocate. Notice how I also said at the end this: "That I believe is the truth of the matter. You are free to do what you wish but I see no valid reason here to hide and lie about who I am."

Notice how I said "I", I wasn't attacking you or anyone.

One last thing don't tell me I shouldn't respond because I've not yet had kids. I am 21 and I was that kid you're talking about not too long ago buddy, so I think I have some say considering I didn't think nappy wearing was that bad when I was in preschool, I actually wanted to wear them lol.

Points taken. When you have children, let me know how and when you tell them, and how it works out. Perhaps that will change my mind. I will not change the worlds perception of AB/DL because I told my son who is growing into a young adult that I have an affinity for the AB world. How does on the one hand saying, "I am teaching you to grow up to be a man; and on the other...don't mind me while I put on some diapers and regress to a child." come across? These are diametrically opposed messages, and not one I will deliver to my son any time soon. He will have to reach adult hood before that will ever happen.

I did not tell you that you should not respond. I was pointing to the fact that the original poster asked for opinions from those that actually have children. You are certainly welcome to give your opinion, although the opinion of a 21 year old still in school regarding the dynamics of a family and raising children ring hollow. Like I said, when you have kids, please let us know the day you announce this to them. Good luck.

littlemoosey said:
Points taken. When you have children, let me know how and when you tell them, and how it works out. Perhaps that will change my mind. I will not change the worlds perception of AB/DL because I told my son who is growing into a young adult that I have an affinity for the AB world. How does on the one hand saying, "I am teaching you to grow up to be a man; and on the other...don't mind me while I put on some diapers and regress to a child." come across? These are diametrically opposed messages, and not one I will deliver to my son any time soon. He will have to reach adult hood before that will ever happen.

I did not tell you that you should not respond. I was pointing to the fact that the original poster asked for opinions from those that actually have children. You are certainly welcome to give your opinion, although the opinion of a 21 year old still in school regarding the dynamics of a family and raising children ring hollow. Like I said, when you have kids, please let us know the day you announce this to them. Good luck.

Well I am glad to see you have an open mind and are considering this, thank you.

As for this "I am teaching you to grow up to be a man; and on the other...don't mind me while I put on some diapers and regress to a child." I once saw a young girl around 5 or 6 at the shops looking and playing with toys that was meant for babies (around 1 or 2) the mother wanting to leave said "stop playing with those toys they're for babies"

Why? Who cares if they are for babies? Play with what you want is what I would teach my kids. Why society puts a social stigma age limit on things (toys, children movies etc) I don't know and find stupid. Everyone that knows me knows that I like to watch a child's show for around ages 2-8. I do not care if people see my posters or stickers on my phone of the show. Because I like it plain and simple.

And finally maybe stop thinking of the parent as this super serious role model and more of as a friend. The fact that you can raise a family (can hold a job, cook etc) despite you regressing from time to time kind of defeats this whole "role model argument" right from the get go. You are still being an adult when you need to be and that's what the child should learn I think.

Reading it definitely came off as "don't respond" considering others have responded who didn't have kids before me yet you said nothing of the sort to them.

True I don't know all the dynamics of a family and I'd say in raising kids you have more experience. However I did grow up in a family and I liked nappies from a very early age so I am not completely ignorant on the matter.

I won't "announce" it lol you make it sound so serious. I'd just tell them if they ask.

Last edited:
I have custody (along with my sister) of my 5 year old cousin. My mom more or less raised his mother (my 1st cousin) so he's more less my de-facto nephew.

As far as I know, he doesn't know about my diapers--nor will I ever tell him unless I have no choice. Although truthfully this applies to everyone in my family, and not just him. I simply don't feel at all compelled for anyone, to know. It's just not something I've ever had any real desire for at all. ABDL is a very personal, private thing for me--and I intend to keep it that way. As such, I mostly wear exclusively at nighttime anyways...so the odds of him even noticing I have one on is pretty low. Although I am very much concerned about him realizing something the times he comes in here in the middle of the night (which he still frequently does, unfortunately).

I have no idea what excuse I would use, if he did find out, to be honest. Just hoping it never comes to that.

Part of me would want to always keep it private, but I also would like to help break the taboo of diapers. That some people past the toddler age still need diapers, and for the most part, it's nobody's elses business to intrude.

If I am to ever find myself in the circumstance of child rearing, and said child(ren) happens to blunder into said stash of personal belongings; said child(ren) may find themselves wishing they had this:

2683452.jpg

Maybe that's because I don't have children and being single still lends me to being a horrible human being (at least when it comes to a specific card game).

I'm not going to say anything about pros and cons of sharing or not sharing. What I am going to say, and with all respect, hypothesizing about raising a child and making decisions about what and how you would handle these kinds of situations is 100% different then once you actually have a little baby in your arms. Everything changes, everything you thought you knew you then realize was nothing. It may seem like what I'm saying is ridiculous, there was I time I would have thought it was too... Then I had one, then two, then three little babies. And you don't know, you can't know what you don't know, until it is you and your baby in your arms.

srmousse said:
I'm not going to say anything about pros and cons of sharing or not sharing. What I am going to say, and with all respect, hypothesizing about raising a child and making decisions about what and how you would handle these kinds of situations is 100% different then once you actually have a little baby in your arms. Everything changes, everything you thought you knew you then realize was nothing. It may seem like what I'm saying is ridiculous, there was I time I would have thought it was too... Then I had one, then two, then three little babies. And you don't know, you can't know what you don't know, until it is you and your baby in your arms.

PERFECTLY STATED, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

littlemoosey said:
One question. Does everyone you know, know that you wear diapers. If not why not?

Based on that answer you will then know why children are too young to process this information. I don't share my sex life with my son also.

When/if you have kids, you get to make your own decisions. In the mean time until you go down that road, don't try to tell someone that has already been down that road what the road looks like.

The OP was looking for advice from those of us that have children.

SweetPrincess,I apologize that my post came off as...aggressive. As you said, yours happened to come on the heels of my post and I thought that your comments..."toxic" etc were directed at me, and other parents like me that have decided that this is not for their children.

We will have to agree to disagree. But the kind off acceptance that you are looking for, that we all are looking for will not happen in my life time. Perhaps it will for you, I hope that it does then you will not have to make this kind of a decision.

In the mean time, I stand behind what I have said, and am happy with the way we handle things here. Do I wish I could be more open in my own house, absolutely but that will not happen for a very very long time.

Last edited:
littlemoosey said:
PERFECTLY STATED, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

SweetPrincess,I apologize that my post came off as...aggressive. As you said, yours happened to come on the heels of my post and I thought that your comments..."toxic" etc were directed at me, and other parents like me that have decided that this is not for their children.

We will have to agree to disagree. But the kind off acceptance that you are looking for, that we all are looking for will not happen in my life time. Perhaps it will for you, I hope that it does then you will not have to make this kind of a decision.

In the mean time, I stand behind what I have said, and am happy with the way we handle things here. Do I wish I could be more open in my own house, absolutely but that will not happen for a very very long time.

I am sorry also. I was never intending to have a go at you or anyone I just wanted to add my thoughts. As I have said before you are free to do what you feel comfortable with.

But as for me I don't think I could hide it. And with that we will have to agree to disagree.

Thank you for you kind words also :)

On a relavent note to this topic. Why does wearing a diaper (for whatever reason) have to be considered "unmanly"?

If I told you I am a disabled US Marine who was injured in the line of duty. That I still work out to maintain muscle mass, grow facial hair, and like to hunt in my spare time. Wouldn't most consider that manly?

Now if I were to expand on that and say I also wear a diaper and even sleep with a teddy bear. I'm not afraid to openly cry when saddened, watch cartoons and anime, and play with toys/leggos/etc. Does that somehow make me a different or less capable/manly person? Obviously no. And why, because the whole concept of being "manly" is miscontrued and overly miscategorized, that why. Saying being manly and wearing a diaper are incompatible ideas is just plain silly wrong.

Reactions: LifeInPlastic
My kids knew of my diaper wearing from the day they where old enough to understand what a diaper was, I never hid it from my children nor did I intend to, when they where old enough to fully comprehend that dad wears diapers and he pees and poops them they would ask and I would tell them I wear diapers because I need to or I’d pee my pants. It was a simple as that.

Slomo said:
And as we have both said, being a DL is not sexual.

There you go again, stating your opinions as universal truths.

I wear my diapers around my 3 year old, but I try to have shorts or a onesie on. Sometimes she asks why I am wearing "nightime diaper" (she uses pull ups during the day)..

I am not really worried about her knowing, I can deal with that. Its when she will tell a teacher or a friend that Daddy Wears Diapers..thats when Illl have to come up with something

I don't have kids, but hell no I'm not telling them. They don't need to know.

Tungsten said:
There you go again, stating your opinions as universal truths.

I respectfully disagree. I am stating the definitions from well established dictionaries. Belief and opinion has nothing to do with it.

Oh, and if you look back AT MY FULL POST, you'll notice it wasn't me who brough it up either. I was agreeing with what Sweetprincess had said. So obviously it isn't just me who understands how to look up words and use them properly. Nice try at railroading me though. Too bad you just failed.

Slomo said:
Nice try at railroading me though. Too bad you just failed.

Traveling on or constructing railroads?

Ohhh....you mean the other definition. Isn’t it crazy that words can have multiple defintions and meanings, and not just the ones that justify your opinions?

Tungsten said:
Traveling on or constructing railroads?

Ohhh....you mean the other definition. Isn’t it crazy that words can have multiple defintions and meanings, and not just the ones that justify your opinions?

Not really sure what you're saying here. If you read his original post in full context it's clear Slomo was talking about how being a DL doesn't have to be sexual, as both I and him were describing.
Being a DL is not entirely synonymous with diaper fetish because being a DL can encompass solely non-sexual desires to wear and you even just now admit that there are multiple definitions in your cheeky reply.
So that being said you're right. There are multiple definitions and his definition of a "Diaper Lover" in the context you should of read was referring to the non-sexual definition. Even read the next sentence after that and you'll see he even mentions how it can be sexual but that's not what he was talking about.

You're just trying to stir up conflict.

I'm a dl, but I definitely don't think of it as sexual. I think of diapers firstmost as helping those who are incontinence and/bedwetter no matter what their age is.

No. I know Slomo from other forums. He honestly doesn’t believe that DL can be sexual in any way. Full stop.

I fully agree that it can be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back