• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lydia

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Hello,
I've never been very good at introductions, so make of it what you will. I'm a MtF trans person still transitioning, so that occupies much of my time. Rather unexpectedly, I've recenty found myself caring for my own little. This is new for me so I'm still learning the proper care and feeding of a littles. I find that I am enjoying it very much. Prior to that, my abdl interests included, but we're not limited to, the DL and sissybaby portions of the community.

Outside the community, I'm a bit shy and introverted. I do a lot of reading, mostly science fiction and the occasional mystery. I'm particularly fond of vintage sci-fi authors such as Heinlein, Asimov, A. Norton, Niven and a host of others. My favorite mystery author is Tony Hillerman. I'm usually nice and I don't often bite, but I am a redhead, so you've been warned. ;)

Lydia

Last edited:
Hello Lydia and welcome to the group.

So that we may get to know you better, would you please tell us a little bit about yourself such as your hobbies and interests?

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Hi Lydia,
Welcome to the group. If you are the Lady I am thinking of you haven't bit me yet! You might just want to read the Adisc intros, rules and tips (link at top of page) again as things may have changed since you last logged on. Take care and enjoy.

Hello Lydia, :smile1:
Welcome to the :grouphug:

Thank you both, and I am PCBaby.

The world needs more DL redheads. Welcome.

Lydia said:
I'm particularly fond of vintage sci-fi authors such as Heinlein, Asimov, A. Norton, Niven and a host of others. My favorite mystery author is Tony Hillerman. I'm usually nice and I don't often bite, but I am a redhead, so you've been warned. ;)

Lydia

hi again Lydia, we have more in common than I thought, As a kid and still as a old, old man I still read Asimov, Heinlein, Niven, Blish, Clarke et al, although I know of Andre Norton, I've never read any of his stuff. I also like Bradbury, Dick, Pohl. Aldiss, Vonegut, Van Vogt and also Jerry Purnell (especially his joint works with Niven). I also like Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. I could go on and probably do a complete alphabet of authors and stories starting with Aldiss and ending with Zelazny.

I'm not sure it'd be safer if there were more redheads out there but thank you all the same INCONGUY. :smile:

One of, if not the first book I bought with my own money was Norton's Daybreak -2250 AD. Nothing like a good dystopian, post nuclear apocalypse story to stir a twelve old's imagination!

Granted, I'm looking through the lens of nostalgia, but the newer titles lack a lot of what I find enjoyable. I'm not saying they're bad, but they're not the same. Niven's Known Space stories or Heinlein's juvenile titles are good examples. Good reading for sure.

Very true, My first ever good sci-fi read was "the moon is a harsh mistress" got my hooked on Heinlein and i read anything i could get my hands on, including Asimov's Foundation series ahich at 13 i didn't understand in the least. I loved Niven's known world series. But wasn't really impressed with the final motie book which only pournelle wrote. As a Child I also had bright ginger hair and a half Irish side of me and a temper to match, now it's just grey. Perhaps we should open a sci-fi forum on the site.
And yes I read Pdkyne and the Star Beast (aka Lummox), have space suit will travel and i can grok with the best of them just remember - TANSTAAFL!

I loved than all. Have you ever read Podkayne of Mars with the original ending? I did only a few years ago. Spoiler alert! I fell madly in love with Podkayne (the character) when I read it as a teenager. The original version RAH wrote made me cry. Also, I haven't found a free lunch yet.

Yes I have read ther Original podkyne, me too. you won't either.

Heinlein is one if my favorites. I never really fit in as a teenager so I read a lot. I related to, and considered many of Heinlein's characters my friends. Heinlein was a great story teller, but from what I've read, Lazarus Long was something of a self biography. By that, I mean RAH could be a real bastard at times. I'll never forgive him for killing my first love, even if she wasn't real.

If I had to choose a favorite, it'd probably be Asimov. His death was a gut punch from nowhere. It was so avoidable. If people would have gotten over there LBGTQ hang-up, maybe a test could have been created sooner and saved a lot of lives. It's a disease for crying out loud.

If you're interested, I'd be up for a sci-fi forum. I've never been able to talk diapers and aliens at the same time before. Sounds interesting.

Lydia said:
Heinlein is one if my favorites. I never really fit in as a teenager so I read a lot. I related to, and considered many of Heinlein's characters my friends. Heinlein was a great story teller, but from what I've read, Lazarus Long was something of a self biography. By that, I mean RAH could be a real bastard at times. I'll never forgive him for killing my first love, even if she wasn't real.

If I had to choose a favorite, it'd probably be Asimov. His death was a gut punch from nowhere. It was so avoidable. If people would have gotten over there LBGTQ hang-up, maybe a test could have been created sooner and saved a lot of lives. It's a disease for crying out loud.

If you're interested, I'd be up for a sci-fi forum. I've never been able to talk diapers and aliens at the same time before. Sounds interesting.

I've already formed one under the OTHER forums, Yes Asimov's death came as a shock but so did Bob;s and yes time enough for love had a lot of bob's life in it. And so was Clarke's, did you know he wrote a sci fi story about satellites above the earth before Sputnik and Telstar came along?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were suggesting creating a sci-fi forum. I'll look for your sci-fi forum on this site.

I was and then went ahead and created one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back