How Thick Is Too Thick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disposable2Nite

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As one who usually goes by "the thicker the better," I'm still sure there's a limit for everyone. In terms of when in public, that phrase goes out the window, as I tend to leave my diapers out of the public. But inside my place when I have the time, I usually enjoy a couple thick diapers at once to appreciate the bulk of it all. I've gone up to four premium diapers at once before and enjoyed the waddle they caused a ton! But after that, it gets a bit much, not to mention expensive, so I tend to stop there at to satisfy my mind... but I'm guessing I could probably go higher if I had the whole day and the extra cash.

I'm curious to know what you consider to be your stopping point when it becomes too far for you to enjoy, whether it's number of diapers or if it's a feeling (the waddle becomes apparent/can't walk/etc).

PS: And if you think there's a better way than to double-diaper up for the bulk, I'd be happy to hear it!

• Love
Reactions: Saturatedandsodden25
I personally don’t like double diaper thickness, I tend to wear thinner diapers like tykables waddlers and bambino products, if I want thicker I have some rearz, Abu little paws and crinklz, but I’m a one diaper at a time kind of guy

A nappy is only two thick if it becomes uncomfortable to wear. If they are noticeable under my clothes I don't care.

Doubling isn’t my thing, I actually really like the thickness of the majority of diapers on the market.

Not just the thickness of the padding for me though it also the width of the padding between the legs, to date ABUs Space/Simple/Pawz are as thick and wide as I could want overnight and just a touch too much to wear out and about.

single layer is enough. why waste a second diaper as you know once you break the initial seal after applying you aint going to get that perfect seal back after you remove it or pull it down to remove the inner diaper. To me it is a dumb move just my opinion.

I usually use disposable and over it I take all-in-one cloth dip. It's best out of the two worlds as you have the thickness and bulkiness, you can dispose of the inner nappy easily and also the material and absorbancy of disposable is highly superior

Multiple diapers can be fun for the feeling of thickness, but they don't really help for absorption - for that, you want to try stacking boosters. You'll get thickness AND absorption, but to directly answer the question of "how thick is too thick": when the boosters are stacked higher than the leg guards, you'll start leaking out the side!

Perfect thickness for me would be like one preschool under a little pawz, or just a simple ultra/peekabu (wet). My issue with layering is that I can soak the first one to the point of leaking but it still won't really absorb into the second, and yes, I do cut slits in the first layer. Either that, or I dont have the time to use both diapers to capacity and end up wasting the outer one

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One layer of Crinklz is plenty for me. Though with cloth I usually need 5-6 layers plus the cover.

Well, depends. If I was spending money on disposables, 1, why waste money. But with my night time cloth diapers, I put in 4 layers, as they can be reused, and I do wet a lot at night and unless I want to have to getup and change my diaper during the night, I need a few more layers, and since I am not walking at night a few more layers do not hurt. But during the day only 1 layer, as I need to walk around and I am up already and can change my diaper easily.

As a 24/7 wearer I need my nappies to do their job for both wets and messes, and need to change frequently to stay fresh and look after my skin. So I'm not that interested in extreme absorbency, although I do enjoy a bit of extra thickness when I'm not going out. The thickest I can get away with wearing in public is a Betterdry or ABU Simple, perhaps with one basic rectangular booster. For wear around the house, or if I am expecting to have a really wet night, I'll put a 2XL booster in, and/ or wear a large over a medium. This is more for the reassuring feel of it, rather than practical usability. By the time I've soaked a Betterdry and 2XL, I'll want to change for freshenss, or more likely than not before I get to that point I'll have messed and need a change anyway.

So, 1 premium diaper + 1 heavy duty booster for ordinary wear , or just possibly 2 premium diapers for extra cosy comfort.

ST50 said:
A nappy is only two thick if it becomes uncomfortable to wear. If they are noticeable under my clothes I don't care.

Occasionally I like a little thicker, but most of the time it makes it a little uncomfortable, and side-sleeping becomes impossible. I want my diapers to be comfortable.

with bowel issues sometimes rather frequently I prefer using lower volume diapers like depends with stuffer in (poise tena or generic overnight pad with a few slashes along the tape line) that usually works with how bladder usually voids (lots of light to moderate voids). I always feel awkward in thicker and save for road trips/movies/bowling, stuff that's usually crowded/more interesting then my butt.

I like them as thin as Depends Protection with Tabs, although I don't bother with that diaper anymore for other reasons. Otherwise, it's based on circumstances. If I'm going to be active, I don't really want anything thicker than an ABU Plastic Preschool. If I'm just hanging out, thicker diapers are alright and comically thick diapers can be fun on occasion but generally, the mid range is more comfortable for me.

Nice to hear all the different replies, and thanks for the suggestions. I didn't want to come off as a wasteful jerk or anything there, but I do appreciate the honest feedback there.

I used to double diaper when I was a kid now if I want it thick I wear a safari

I'd have to agree "the thicker the better". I used to be a real fan of super thick diapers, meaning multiples. Any more I'm more practical about my diaper wearing and am down to singles. Sometimes with a booster pad. My go to diapers are Rearz Inspires and Crinklz both are pretty thick on their own.

The thickest I’d go, and it’d be a rare occasion, is a PeekABU and a stuffer or two. That, for me, is a lounge-around-the-house-with-nothing-to-do-weekend diaper. Anything thicker than that would just be wasteful with how I wear. I try to get the most I can out of every diaper, so efficiency is key in my book.

When I make the decision to wear for an entire work day (9hours) it must be a diaper that can hold an entire days worth of pee. For me it is a dry 24/7. They work well even under jeans, and only had 1 leak ever in them at work.

Last weekend, I drove two hours to see a DL friend. Each day, I wore my ABU Simple with at least two PowerUp boosters between my legs (arrayed side-by-side) and another under the front landing zone, just above the crotch. Over That, I wore my Babykins terry-lined vinyl pants. I wore a onesie to support all that bulk, and baggy cargo pants on top of it all. That lasted 15 hours, from early morning to bedtime, with multiple heavy wettings.

By early afternoon, my cargo pants were starting to feel tight, but I didn't care. I don't think anybody noticed, but even if someone did, it would not have mattered. I was away from home and anybody I might possibly know.

• Love
Reactions: Saturatedandsodden25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back