Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorewriter93

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey everyone,

I for a long time secretly loved going to the store, purchasing packs of diapers when I knew I'd be the only one home for multiple days at a time. To be honest I guess my reason for liking diapers is that it is a sexual fetish. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and while going through a pile of stuff in her garage to find things for a yard sale we discovered a large pile of unopened packages of adult diapers that were bought for a relative but never used. Since that day they have been in the trunk of my car as nobody bought them at the yard sale and they haven't been sold yet. With the temptation od them in my car I've had my old DL thoughts creep back in and I sort of want to keep some. I just don't feel I should without telling my girlfriend first, and knowing who she is I'm also a bit afraid of her potential response. Since there isn't much time at home when we aren't both there and I don't feel comfortable wearing in public very often, it also makes it feel like it would be easier if I just told her I want to keep them. I would appreciate any sort of advice on what I should do. Thank you so much. I'm so glad there is a safe community where I can ask for this help.

Last edited:
it's not best to get in a situation where you have to lie to get out, you could just tell her but if you can't, you just buy your own diapers.

I know that if it was me with packages of diapers in my trunk I'd feel like a character in The Tell-Tale Heart. Unable to stop thinking about it... Restless, quoth the raven "Nevermore."

Well, the is a LOT of advice on this topic already. I mean a LOT! The old telling a significant other, or when to tell tell someone, is already pretty well covered here. I HIGHLY suggest you make use of the search function here. Oh, and good luck with telling her- because you know you need too.

I wonder if she would be more disturbed from, wanting to wear diapers in general, or wanting to wear the diapers of a probably deceased relative? I think you have two problems, so it would be better to just deal with one problem at a time, that of wanting to wear diapers.

My two cents is this. first you need to out weigh your relationship that you have with your girlfriend and your DL fetish. If your girlfriend trumps your fetish than you have your answer. Sometime during your relationship you might be able to bring up the topic of adults who love to wear diapers in an inconspicuously. See how she reacts. If see is adamantly against it, then you may need to put your love for diapers locked in the closet and be thankful for your relationship. You might have a love to wear diapers but I hope your love for your girlfriend is greater. I can't see a fetish coming between that. Hope you make the right choice.

Why be in a relationship where you can not feel able to be you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lykedanappies said:
My two cents is this. first you need to out weigh your relationship that you have with your girlfriend and your DL fetish. If your girlfriend trumps your fetish than you have your answer. Sometime during your relationship you might be able to bring up the topic of adults who love to wear diapers in an inconspicuously. See how she reacts. If see is adamantly against it, then you may need to put your love for diapers locked in the closet and be thankful for your relationship. You might have a love to wear diapers but I hope your love for your girlfriend is greater. I can't see a fetish coming between that. Hope you make the right choice.

This is a wonderful reply. Thank you so much for this advice. I know I will never let my interests in diapers come between my girlfriend and I. She will always come first which is why for the last 10 months I haven't had much thought about my DL side. As for your advice at giving inconspicuous hints at the DL lifestyle, I like that idea and will consider giving it a try. Thanks again

Lykedanappies said:

I would warn against this! The far and vast majority of us simply do not know exactly how much, or how deeply, our love goes for another person- let alone our own love for diapers. How many times have we heard someone say they loved someone so much they though they could put their love of diaper in the back of their minds- yet failed? Yet only to find themselves years later being drawn to diapers.

Not only should this be brought up "during the relationship", but it should be brought up early and definitely before marriage. regardless of which love is greater, diapers or your significant other, they are both loves of our lives and need to be shared as such.

dogboy said:
I wonder if she would be more disturbed from, wanting to wear diapers in general, or wanting to wear the diapers of a probably deceased relative? I think you have two problems, so it would be better to just deal with one problem at a time, that of wanting to wear diapers.

I totally understand that it could appear that way. The truth is her relative simply didn't need them, and they have just been planning to sell or donate them at some point anyway.

You say you used to be a dl, but yet it seems a strong enough interest that you would seek out an online support forum for discussing what to do in this situation... I think you really need to ask yourself "is my relationship with this person going to work out if she can't be ok with this?" and "Can I guarantee I won't succumb to temptation down the line and if I do will I lose her anyway?"

The way I see it, this kind of partnership requires honesty to work and it's better to know the sides a person might see as the worst now rather then later when it might make the response more painful.

I would find a way to discuss it at a right time when you are in a relationship you both deserve to be happy and there's both give and take situations maybe she won't like it but will let you wear in private or maybe she will think it's cute and want to participate either way it's always good to communicate with your partner and not keep secrets it makes everything worse in the future also good luck to you we believe in you

:hug:

Everyone is going to be different but I can’t see it working long term without you finding out her stance on diapers and those that love them.

As for the packs in your car it sounds a terrible temptation to have so close at hand, I doubt they can stay there forever and getting rid of them would be a waste.

Maxy said:
I know that if it was me with packages of diapers in my trunk I'd feel like a character in The Tell-Tale Heart.

:laugh:

My opinion is that you should have talked to her about being a DL before you moved in together. So, stop wasting time and talk to her. Being a DL will come up in the future, you need to find out now what her feelings are.

Drifter said:

(thump-thump......thump-thump........thump-thump......splash!)

dogboy said:
(thump-thump......thump-thump........thump-thump......splash!)

:smile1:

I think he should come clean because for me the truth did come out eventually. Or just get rid of them so it doesn't drive him crazy. Either way is good..

So I was a DL before I met my now wife. I didn't tell her, we got married, and years went by. I tried to suppress, but that never works. So I hid it and snuck it whenever I possibly could. I tried to bring it up once but got shot down hard... It was kind of a have you ever thought what it would be like to wear a diaper, and she was discussed, so that was that. I continued to hide it from her. It tore me up inside!

The only thing that saved me was the return of my bed wetting. I delt with it on and off all through childhood and a bit in my teens. Doctor never found anything, my parents claimed I was just being lazy and made thing horrible.it came back several years ago. It does ebb and flow, I can sometimes go a couple weeks dry but then something happens and I start wetting at night again. Needless to say, I started wearing and she absolutely hated it! She shoved a pillow between us for a couple weeks. It's mostly better now, I had a couple unprotected accidents and she prefers plastic to witness, but I *STILL* feel like I can't be completely open with her. Honestly I'd be happy to not wear for a while when I'm in a dry spell, but sometimes I just want to wear...

The point of all this, don't make the same mistake I made! Be honest, explore the topic. Start by asking questions and listening to her .. try to be open about asking about things she's never felt comfortable talking to other people about, then ask her if there are weird things that make her feel turned on. Do more listening than talking, then tell her about how you used to like wearing diapers when you were a kid and think you'd like to try it again...

Good luck! Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. Don't listen to the cranky people who keep yelling about this topic being explored a lot... This experience is different for every person, and while searching and reading advice already given is actually helpful, it's good to talk about and not good to hijack others threads... While I get closing the thread about the dude in AZ, cause there's already several threads about that specific topic, this is different. :)

Maxy said:
:smile1:

I think he should come clean because for me the truth did come out eventually. Or just get rid of them so it doesn't drive him crazy. Either way is good..

Except completely getting rid of his diapers WILL drive him crazy. How many times have we all heard someone who tried to do a full purge yet late ended up going overboard in a full blown binge? As much as some of us may want it, this is a part of us we simply can't get rid of.

It's also the reason why the OP needs to come clean on this and tell his girlfriend. He is past due to come out of the closet as well. After all, how would you like to have a long term relationship with someone who has been hiding who they really are the entire time? You'd feel betrayed and lied to, I'm sure. So then why should the OP do that to someone else?

It's true. But I do remember a time when I thought getting rid of everything would legitimately fix things. It did, for a while. Haha I regret throwing away the paci the most. ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back