Donations Needed by NC Diaper Bank for Hurricane Florence Victims - NorthShore Will Pay for Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthShoreAdam

Rep for NorthShore
Company Rep
Role
  1. Other
https://www.wral.com/diaper-bank-of...se-displaced-by-hurricane-florence-/17840686/

Send to:
North Carolina Diaper Bank
1311 East Club Blvd.
Durham NC 27704

NorthShore is sending over 500 cases of diapers and wipes to support the Florence victims. If anyone has excess stash they can donate and needs help with the shipping, please email NorthShore at [email protected] with subject line "Hurricane Florence Donation"...and include your name and address, # of boxes, estimate weight of each box...and we'll email you FedEx labels within a day or so.

Thanks to all!

Sincerely,
Adam

donation-northshore.jpg

Adam, I think this is wonderful and it only reinforces your (and your company's) image as good and caring. Good for you. I tend to run very, very lean on my supplies but would be interested in helping. Would you be willing to accept monetary contributions toward this effort? I can send money via PayPal and bet others here could as well.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
Adam, I think this is wonderful and it only reinforces your (and your company's) image as good and caring. Good for you. I tend to run very, very lean on my supplies but would be interested in helping. Would you be willing to accept monetary contributions toward this effort? I can send money via PayPal and bet others here could as well.

-RMS

We're not set up to accept cash donations. For those, please donate directly to the NC Diaper bank at this link: https://ncdiaperbank.networkforgood.com/projects/58385-donate-today-change-today-change-a-life

Thanks!

NorthShoreAdam said:
We're not set up to accept cash donations. For those, please donate directly to the NC Diaper bank at this link: https://ncdiaperbank.networkforgood.com/projects/58385-donate-today-change-today-change-a-life

Thanks!

I'm just spit-ballin' here, but could you treat the donations as a purchase and use the money to "sell" the incontinence products at cost? That might be logistically difficult, but I thought that would kill two birds, since the charity would get more bang for the buck that way and allow for more small donations to make a big impact.

-RMS

It may be possible in the future, but it would take some legal work to set that up properly. For now, it's best to make cash donations direct to charities in the area so they can get the supplies where needed most quickly.

This is something my church usually does. When there's a natural disaster, they take up collections of things which often includes baby diapers. Sometimes we have a team that will take the supplies to the disaster site, and while they're there, they will help rebuild someone's house. North Carolina borders Virginia, so I suppose we will be doing something to help our southern neighbors.

What the heck, I just donated $25. I also included the description "for the good Northshore stuff, not the store bought crap either", (or something like that) so gave you a shout out in with the donation.

I wouldn't have guessed that there would be a need for that many adult diapers there right now. 500 cases? seriously?

bambinod said:
I wouldn't have guessed that there would be a need for that many adult diapers there right now. 500 cases? seriously?

Yes, the need is very high. Almost all of Wilmington is under water and rivers won't crest for another day or so. Other very flooded cities like New Bern are low income areas that have already experienced major flooding in recent years. Stores may not reopen in these areas for many weeks. Diaper banks were already having to allocate supplies to those in need prior to flooding. Now the number of people in need is much higher.

NorthShoreAdam said:
It may be possible in the future, but it would take some legal work to set that up properly. For now, it's best to make cash donations direct to charities in the area so they can get the supplies where needed most quickly.

Thank you, Adam. I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Thank you for being the stand-up guy I have always suspected you were. I will make a donation.

-RMS

Wish I could help, but sadly, I'm broke this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back