What is it with heart doctors and seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpluswearer

Moderated
Role
  1. Incontinent
Tell me something are the heart doctors treating patients wrong! I tell you this Michigan doctors are over medicating patients so much that their blood is so thin that they are wearing coats in 80 plus degree weather either doctors change protocol NOW or All heart doctors will be reported for malpractice!
I have had it!
Florida it is a law that homes have to have AC why not in Michigan and what is so different in treating patients in Michigan versus Florida or other southern climates I would like a professional answer on this please!

Well the closer you are to the poles the thicker your blood. That evidence is backed up by science. As for why people get cold is due to their hypothalamus which regulates body temperature. I have ms and due to my body attacking my nerves it deregulates my body temperature which causes me to be cold in 90 degree weather or burning on depending how my body wants to react.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a rule, I do not expect expertise from doctors. I usually tell them what to do, because (to put it bluntly) they aren't smart enough to figure it out for themselves. Over-medication is a sort-of understandable response to lack of knowledge of how to treat a condition, they're throwing what they can at it. But I think it's important for patients to be aware of that trend, and question the medications they are prescribed.

xpluswearer said:
Tell me something are the heart doctors treating patients wrong! I tell you this Michigan doctors are over medicating patients so much that their blood is so thin that they are wearing coats in 80 plus degree weather either doctors change protocol NOW or All heart doctors will be reported for malpractice!
I have had it!
Florida it is a law that homes have to have AC why not in Michigan and what is so different in treating patients in Michigan versus Florida or other southern climates I would like a professional answer on this please!

Here is a professional answer:

I think the best thing to do is to contact your doctor and explain about the symptoms you are experiencing. He or she should be able to assess whether your problems are likely the result of the medication or not. Maybe there are alternative medications to try. But sometimes side effects are inevitable but the medication still needed to prevent other, worse, problems.
Of course, you are the one who decides whether it is worth it or not. A doctor can only give you his best advice.

I doubt that AC laws have anything to do with medical protocols.

Sapphyre said:
As a rule, I do not expect expertise from doctors. I usually tell them what to do, because (to put it bluntly) they aren't smart enough to figure it out for themselves. Over-medication is a sort-of understandable response to lack of knowledge of how to treat a condition, they're throwing what they can at it. But I think it's important for patients to be aware of that trend, and question the medications they are prescribed.

You got that right , they also misdiagnosed me . Found out I have Lyme disease and that was causing all my troubles I am with a Lyme literate doctor and doing much better on antibiotics. Regular docs just want to throw meds at ya. What crap.
You really do have to be your own advocate for your health these days . I guess that’s why they call it practice. They don’t know either .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back