Diaper Collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggieslover

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! Hope everyone's day is going well :)

I was just cleaning up my room and realised that I have quite a massive stash.
:smile1::smile1::smile1:

Each time I see a different brand of diaper, I tend to purchase it (before I can even use finish the existing ones) and now am running out of space to store them!

Wondering if anyone else in the community is also a collector and also face this issue

Looking forward to hearing your experiences on this!

Hi there where are you from i am. In the UK East Midlands I can collect

If nothing else I think some people will find the following pictures interesting, the 2 Size 6 Diapers are in there to help give some sense of scale, I don't know what size the Huggies or Pull-Ups are, but they they don't too far off from a modern size 6 (aside from being less tall and wider; which I think indicates a "smaller" listed size back then, but idk how big of a baby they would actually fit ad I have no packaging for the Huggies and Pull-Ups)

1537109846834894324808807927781.jpg

15371099920778457505263800293510.jpg

15371100604242041838132249585636.jpg

15371101135554753915576501479081.jpg

15371102368271303667606462363426.jpg

15371103678659101701872670926947.jpg

15371104190456235291215665550740.jpg

I never got into collecting Diapers, except for acquiring a few old Huggies from about 97-98 and some Original Toy Story Pull-Ups (multiple of the designs they used at the time, like the "Cool and wet" one and the "fade when wet" patterns, etc), they just stay in a drawer because I found them for sale in an old Diaper Bag at a Flea Market and i kinda figured if i didn't buy them they may just get used anyways like modern Baby Diapers, even after they had NOT been used for so long (over 10 years).

Interestingly the Huggies Diapers are basically like they just got pulled out of the package, meanwhile the differently designed Pull-Ups and showing signs of age as the "Cloth Like Cover" some Diapers and Pull-Ups have is separating from the actual Pull-Ups (which are Plastic Backed).

I am not gonna purposely collect such diapers as online it can be a huge thing with some people, particularly on eBay paying huge money for the right "Vintage" and brand/design of Diaper (one of the most expensive appearing to be Barney Luvs Size 6).

So they will likely just sit until I sell them online (not likely as I don't feel like putting them on eBay and dont see them getting sold otherwise), or maybe if I move down to FL they can sit where they are as I cant see moving with them.

Last edited:
:smile1: yeah always a problem! See something new or haven’t tried before, buy or order them then get them home and wonder where to put them. Never end up getting through them fast enough before I find something new!

Wouldn’t call myself a collector, although by all counts I probably am! I don’t know what it is, but the idea of buying new ones is always appealing i guess.

Yes! I’m so starting to have this problem as well. I’ve been collecting diapers for a few years and I’m getting really close to running out of space in my spare bedroom to store them all. But, I can’t get rid of them because a lot of them are rare and really hard to find or if found they get expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a huge collection as I have been collecting since the 90s. I have about 6 totes full in total here is a sample of some

29782169107_af12c98a39.jpg
44718434021_77bfa9a7b8.jpg
42909233260_b0490bb82e.jpg
44718435181_92ed9edf5e.jpg
42909233900_3ee9ba4fba.jpg
44718436391_53c29d8af3_n.jpg
30848369758_d7ee3846f2.jpg
44718438181_6db9c44117.jpg
30848371218_bdbc928a54.jpg
44718439671_79fc338d3a.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 51889
xolyshaxo said:

That makes me think of Scrooge McDuck and his Money Bin. LOL

You could just dump them all on the floor and swim around in them.

(There's a comic with Scrooge in it where he's going around like "LIKE MONEY? I DON'T LIKE MONEY. I LOVE MONEY! I love the sound of it, I love the smell of it, I love to throw it in the air and let it come down on my head..." While he's swimming around in the money bin. LOL )

GAH I have a bit of an OCD when it comes to collecting things so seeing these lovely diapee collections is hard for me to not jump start my own!

I'm really not a collector, but I do like to stay "well stocked". I normally have at least a month's worth of diapers on had at any time (because I need them). That said, I tend to use up my oldest stock first. This way, what I have on hand is the most recent/capable diaper on hand.

xolyshaxo said:

Wow - that is an impressive collection! :worshippy: Looks like a lot of brands in there, even ones i've never heard of before.

It goes back about 8ft deep
cccc04d397a61fd1bf4e11e104ac76f8.jpg

I’ve got Luvs Barney, Huggies, Vintage Attends (both the plastic inner weave & the regular) I’ve got Classy Comfort, original SDKs from when ABU was poorly managed. I’ve got late-2000’s Abena M2, M3, & M4, Abena Delta Form, Tena Slip Maxi, I’ve got 1st runs of Bambino Bellissimo (I came up with the name & won a year’s worth of them in return) & Fabine. I’ve got Molicare, Dry 24/7, MediPrime Euro Briefs, and a bunch of more recent diapers too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running out of space is not so much a problem as running out of hiding space. I have a huge collection of Pull-Ups and Goodnites/Drynites along with a couple of vintage plastic-backed diapers. I like to collect at least one of every design for archival purposes and because I have an affinity for Pull-Ups and Goodnites/Drynites, although I was never actually a bedwetter. I mainly go to thrift stores for diapers to add to my collection, particularly old Pull-Ups which I do not currently have. My best score was buying 6 1993 large Pampers girls diapers for only $1.

@xolyshaxo wow your collection looks amazing! You have a lot of stuff that I do not have. Would you consider uploading individual images of the Pull-Ups in your collection?

Wow!

The collection that some of you have is amazing! :)

Do you have plans to use them?

Huggieslover said:
Wow!

The collection that some of you have is amazing! :)

Do you have plans to use them?

Thank you. If I have excess diapers and if I'm desperate for space, I may part with a few to make way for some new additions. I have also traded some to add other unique designs to my collection. To answer your question, I do not see myself using mine anytime soon, especially given that some of the diapers that I have are crazy expensive (for something that is designed to be peed in once and then thrown away forever.)

I think it's about time for a diaper fashion show!

Aquasailor said:
Running out of space is not so much a problem as running out of hiding space. I have a huge collection of Pull-Ups and Goodnites/Drynites along with a couple of vintage plastic-backed diapers. I like to collect at least one of every design for archival purposes and because I have an affinity for Pull-Ups and Goodnites/Drynites, although I was never actually a bedwetter. I mainly go to thrift stores for diapers to add to my collection, particularly old Pull-Ups which I do not currently have. My best score was buying 6 1993 large Pampers girls diapers for only $1.

@xolyshaxo wow your collection looks amazing! You have a lot of stuff that I do not have. Would you consider uploading individual images of the Pull-Ups in your collection?

When I get some time I will get some more pics.

If I ever get time to, I’ll post pics of what I all have, but I have a lot of older Pull Ups and Goodnites in my collection.

Bokeh said:
It goes back about 8ft deep
cccc04d397a61fd1bf4e11e104ac76f8.jpg

You should open up a diaper museum!

Dolphin said:
You should open up a diaper museum!

Charge one diaper for 1/2 hour or 2 diapers for all day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back