Burden. Help!!😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddybearbaby85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
I am slowing recovering from anorexia and a suicide attempt. Because of severe malnutrition and everything I have trouble making it to the bathroom in time for pee pee. Also I am being bottle fed the formula stuff to try to restore my weight because I was in a very bad way and refused to drink it myself. Because of the weight loss it is easy to cradle me and rock me like a baby and they do this when giving me my bottles since my suicide attempt to try to soothe and comfort me. I also have my pamper changed like a little baby.
I feel guilty. If they knew that I was an adult baby would they stop? It is more work for them. They say they want to and that I am not a burden. But I feel like a burden. I didn't want this. I never thought this would be the outcome. Help please.

I'm bulimic and have been for years now. I understand a little bit. First let me say that it's a journey and not to lose hope. There are people rooting for you, and recovery is possible. It sounds like you have a good support system in place which is so helpful. But I'm wondering who "they" are... family or people you are very comfortable around wouldn't want you to feel guilty. Maybe finding a small area where you could help them with the care process would help make you feel less dependent while still being cared for. Maybe talking to them about where you can help would show them positive feedback. Recovery is a process and allow yourself as much time as you need, and please keep reaching out. <3

teddybearbaby85 said:
I am slowing recovering from anorexia and a suicide attempt. Because of severe malnutrition and everything I have trouble making it to the bathroom in time for pee pee. Also I am being bottle fed the formula stuff to try to restore my weight because I was in a very bad way and refused to drink it myself. Because of the weight loss it is easy to cradle me and rock me like a baby and they do this when giving me my bottles since my suicide attempt to try to soothe and comfort me. I also have my pamper changed like a little baby.
I feel guilty. If they knew that I was an adult baby would they stop? It is more work for them. They say they want to and that I am not a burden. But I feel like a burden. I didn't want this. I never thought this would be the outcome. Help please.

I think your help should come from the professional people who must be working with you such as doctors and psychologists. What you've described is of course, very serious. I hope you can work through your anorexia, that's the serious problem. Please don't feel guilty because you have bigger problems on your plate. Take one day at a time and make yourself eat. If being bottle fed helps, then good. Getting you healthy is what's important.

I am seeing a therapist 3 times a week and a psychiatrist once a week. They have recommended the bottle feedings and I am actually needing the diapers right now

I have never even had a Girlfriend because I've always been working on my own problems, my own mental health, my own money problems, trying to live a decent life while looking out for my mom and younger brother (if we all had jobs it would be easier as we would all contribute to household bills, but it's hard, especially with my younger brother not having a job).

It would be great having someone to help with things, but at the same time I always have this fear of feeling like I would be a burden too, and I feel like that would at times amplify my problems.

And I have been in a bad spot many times, Bad Moods (whether Manic or Depressed), i had starved myself for several days out of being yelled at my Mom for apparently "overeating" and "spending too much money on food", Self Harm, at times I've felt suicidal (never tried it but had insane thoughts and risky behaviours), at times drinking alcohol; but I have recovered and do a lot better.

I have been through years of Therapy and tried a bunch of different medications and I'm on medications daily and doing good.

I guess my point is a lot of us with mental health problems have this feeling of being a burden and we shouldn't have it, but at the end of the day we are trying our best and dont mean to have the problems we have, we just dont have anu choice in the matter.

teddybearbaby85 said:

The best thing is communication.

Talk to your caregiver and also talk to your professional help about these kinds of needs/feelings. That will help you out in more ways then you can Imajin.

I seriously doubt that anyone feels that you're a burden to them. If they do you don't need them in your life.
I can only imagine the frustration you go through, and the hardships you've faced in your life. Try to stay positive. FYI, I may be a babygirl, but I would totally volunteer to be your caregiver if I could.

egor said:
The best thing is communication.

Talk to your caregiver and also talk to your professional help about these kinds of needs/feelings. That will help you out in more ways then you can Imajin.

:wts6Ar:

Talking things through with therapists and care professionals, will really help you.

I had psychotherapy for depression and it helped me now and to discover more about myself and learn to like myself.

right now you are in a safe place which is a good thing, as much as I feel you don't want to be there because of you refusing to have your bottle.

they are only helping you get better.

Hugs

Siysiy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back