Vlesi Slip Comfort - Bad Batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BracedDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I bought some Vlesi Slip Comfort (plastic backed) from Independence Australia and seem to have got a bad batch.

The first tapes don't stick well and neither do the second chance tapes. If they do stick they rip the plastic. I tried two and they're all the same.

Vlesi products are usually good, i have the comfort premium which aren't plastic back but are nice and thick and they work well.
I am waiting to hear from Ind. Aus.

Anyone else having issues with plastic back Vlesi?

The tapes problem has been going around a lot of manufacturers. The problem is many manufacturers buy those tapes directly from 3M. And 3M changed the tapes without telling anyone, by making them with a cheaper glue that doesn't work very good.

Make sure you complain to the manufacturer, or they will think you're ok with them as is. Also, start always using either diaper pins or extra tape right when you put the diaper on.

Are you sure stabbing a disposable with diaper pins is a good idea, Slomo? Wouldn't that make it leak? Or are these ones different?

(I am admitting to being lazy and not wanting to look up a picture!)

The manufacturer is going to organise a replacement.
These are plastic backed disposable, using pins wouldn't work.

Only with the tapes, yes. You will not experience any leaks when you hold the tapes in place with a pin. Now if you "stab" the diaper anywhere else on the shell, then yeah you're looking for a leak to happen.

I remember many years ago when I was first starting with diaper play that i used to staple the tapes at the backing sheet, in an attempt to stop them ripping away. Then I changed to using additional tape to support them.

ozziebee said:
I remember many years ago when I was first starting with diaper play that i used to staple the tapes at the backing sheet, in an attempt to stop them ripping away. Then I changed to using additional tape to support them.

LOL, I remember you almost shouting out how great is was stapling the sides together so you could "fit" into a baby diaper. Oh how so far you've come.

A representative from the company came and swapped the faulty pack for a case for free (4 packs). She asked me awkward questions like do I have the rebate (which I said no, and she explained what to do to get it) and are the mainly for night time use (which I said yes).

The reason the questions were awkward is I'm a DL and occasionally choose to use so I didn't lie (obviously unless I do have a form of incontinence, I can't get the rebate, and I mainly wear at night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back