Thread: Anime adaptations you would like to see

Default Anime adaptations you would like to see

So great to see so many new threads on Anime here at ADISC (my favourite topic) so I thought it an ideal time to daydream about properties I would love to see adapted to Anime and was wondering if there are things others would like:

1. Just finished listening to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child parts 1 & 2, loved it and thought all the way through what an amazing Anime series this would make.

2. Dragonriders of Pern +. To the best of my knowledge no one has managed to adapt any of Anne McCafferys’ works to date, I would love to see Pern, Crystal Singers, Ship who Sang all become series and/or movies in the same style.

3. Temeraire dragon series. I might be one track minded on Dragons but I really enjoyed the novels and audio books on this series.

4. Neil Gaimans Books of Magic. I know we already have Harry Potter movies and Tim Hunter is a WB property but after watching The Ancient Magus' Bride I think this would be another fabulous thing to watch.

Anything you good peeps would like to see?

I would love to see an anime adaptation for the book "Ms. Peregrin's Home For Peculiar Children"

Quote Originally Posted by Leio View Post
    I would love to see an anime adaptation for the book "Ms. Peregrin's Home For Peculiar Children"
    Ooh yes that would be amazing!

Omujo and a proper adaptation of Elfen Lied, for obvious reasons. Speaking of the latter, the manga is finally getting an official English release next year, so look forward to the diaper scene in volume 2 (originally volume 5, but the English release will be an omnibus).

Quote Originally Posted by Springcircle View Post
    Omujo and a proper adaptation of Elfen Lied, for obvious reasons. Speaking of the latter, the manga is finally getting an official English release next year, so look forward to the diaper scene in volume 2 (originally volume 5, but the English release will be an omnibus).
    Nozomi was definitely missing from the Elfen Lied Anime.

I would also love to see Omujo on the screen!

Randevu with Rama could be an amazing adaptation. 🐈

- - - Updated - - -

Elf Quest is another good one 😻

Quote Originally Posted by ESPF View Post
    Randevu with Rama could be an amazing adaptation. 🐈

- - - Updated - - -

Elf Quest is another good one 😻
    Just read about Randevu with Rama and that sounds excellent... Do you think movie or series?

Elf Quest definitely would be amazing! I love fantasy anime. Currently watching The Dragon Prince (I know it’s not Anime) so I can see the value in an ultra modern adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Just read about Randevu with Rama and that sounds excellent... Do you think movie or series?

Elf Quest definitely would be amazing! I love fantasy anime. Currently watching The Dragon Prince (I know it’s not Anime) so I can see the value in an ultra modern adaption.
    Randevu with Rama would most likely be best as a miniseries.
    Between the original Elf Quest And Seage at Blue mountain and....you could get at least 4 or 5 seasons out of that saga.

- - - Updated - - -

And the best part is EQ is already story boarded for them 😸

- - - Updated - - -

The original Amethyst Princess of Gemworld mini series would make a good pic

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also think a Barbra Garden/BatGirl and Alysia Yeoh... With Babs trying to teach Elysia to become a new Orical as Barbra's trying to get back into fighting trim, and looking for Joker...