Anime adaptations you would like to see

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So great to see so many new threads on Anime here at ADISC (my favourite topic) so I thought it an ideal time to daydream about properties I would love to see adapted to Anime and was wondering if there are things others would like:

1. Just finished listening to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child parts 1 & 2, loved it and thought all the way through what an amazing Anime series this would make.

2. Dragonriders of Pern +. To the best of my knowledge no one has managed to adapt any of Anne McCafferys’ works to date, I would love to see Pern, Crystal Singers, Ship who Sang all become series and/or movies in the same style.

3. Temeraire dragon series. I might be one track minded on Dragons but I really enjoyed the novels and audio books on this series.

4. Neil Gaimans Books of Magic. I know we already have Harry Potter movies and Tim Hunter is a WB property but after watching The Ancient Magus' Bride I think this would be another fabulous thing to watch.

Anything you good peeps would like to see?

Leio said:
I would love to see an anime adaptation for the book "Ms. Peregrin's Home For Peculiar Children"

Ooh yes that would be amazing!

Omujo and a proper adaptation of Elfen Lied, for obvious reasons. Speaking of the latter, the manga is finally getting an official English release next year, so look forward to the diaper scene in volume 2 (originally volume 5, but the English release will be an omnibus).

Springcircle said:
Omujo and a proper adaptation of Elfen Lied, for obvious reasons. Speaking of the latter, the manga is finally getting an official English release next year, so look forward to the diaper scene in volume 2 (originally volume 5, but the English release will be an omnibus).

Nozomi was definitely missing from the Elfen Lied Anime.

I would also love to see Omujo on the screen!

Randevu with Rama could be an amazing adaptation. 🐈

- - - Updated - - -

Elf Quest is another good one 😻

ESPF said:
Randevu with Rama could be an amazing adaptation. 🐈

- - - Updated - - -

Elf Quest is another good one 😻

Just read about Randevu with Rama and that sounds excellent... Do you think movie or series?

Elf Quest definitely would be amazing! I love fantasy anime. Currently watching The Dragon Prince (I know it’s not Anime) so I can see the value in an ultra modern adaption.

Argent said:
Just read about Randevu with Rama and that sounds excellent... Do you think movie or series?

Elf Quest definitely would be amazing! I love fantasy anime. Currently watching The Dragon Prince (I know it’s not Anime) so I can see the value in an ultra modern adaption.

Randevu with Rama would most likely be best as a miniseries.
Between the original Elf Quest And Seage at Blue mountain and....you could get at least 4 or 5 seasons out of that saga.

- - - Updated - - -

And the best part is EQ is already story boarded for them 😸

- - - Updated - - -

The original Amethyst Princess of Gemworld mini series would make a good pic

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also think a Barbra Garden/BatGirl and Alysia Yeoh... With Babs trying to teach Elysia to become a new Orical as Barbra's trying to get back into fighting trim, and looking for Joker...

For me, the ones I’d like to see are based off of books:
- Fable Haven
- Daniel X
- Pendragon
- Leven Thumps
- Tunnel Series

Each one of those was a good series of books

silentdreamer1996 said:
- Fable Haven
- Daniel X
- Pendragon
- Leven Thumps

These sound really great, adapted exactly or could they stand to be a bit harder hitting (as some anime does?)

silentdreamer1996 said:
- Tunnel Series

Like the TV series?

The Adolescence of P1
It would need a little bit of "updating" to keep up with modern computing technology But... Not that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooo As a "Who dun it" miniseries
Caves of Steel

They could get at least 10 seasons out of The Iron Druid Chronicles.
BUT it's got to be Luke Daniels voicing Oberon. No one's got that voice SO RIGHT 👄

Personaly feel the books could stand alone story wise. Also I am not away of a tunnel series tv show. I’m referring to the one with the Styx and the underground civilization.

silentdreamer1996 said:
Personaly feel the books could stand alone story wise. Also I am not away of a tunnel series tv show. I’m referring to the one with the Styx and the underground civilization.

Oh right that sounds very different to the one I was thinking of (and much better I am sure.)

- - - Updated - - -

ESPF said:
They could get at least 10 seasons out of The Iron Druid Chronicles.
BUT it's got to be Luke Daniels voicing Oberon. No one's got that voice SO RIGHT 👄

I am not much of an anime dub fan but it would be great if more professional voice actors would work on Anime dubs just to broaden it.

The Adolescence of P1 cold almost be another "Laffing Man"

Last edited:
I could see the Three Body Problem working as anime, especially in the hands of someone like Mamoru Oshii.

Maybe also Chuck Wendig's Miriam Black series.

I also would love to see Garth Ennis’s “The Boys” at Madhouse Studios, I don’t believe for a second a live action adaption would work or western studios/directors/producers would make it true to story.

Omujo! Omutsu Joshi. I want to see it get animated so badly.

AnimeDude892 said:
Omujo! Omutsu Joshi. I want to see it get animated so badly.

/agree fully, this needs to be done.

Warning, this one is absurd, but the american anime Johnny Bravo with a two-episode where he delves into diaper culture.

Back