Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hangover cures

This just in: Bacon sandwich really does cure a hangover - Telegraph

Personally, I find not drinking at all to be the best fix, but that doesn't seem to be the most popular answer. Hope you find something that works.

1. More beer.
    2. Throw up.
    3. Fried breakfast.
    4. Never drink again.
    5. Pain killers.
    6. Do a handstand.
    7. Excrise.
    8. Have sex.
    9. Go out for seom fresh air.
    10. Don't know.

Gatorade and maybe asprain, if the alcohol has fully been processed of course.

I haven't got a hangover yet since I only been drinking less then 2 oz of rum per night. However, it has got me tired and then I fall asleep and I end up waking up with barely any memory of the night before. However I don't wake up with a hangover. Malubi's coconut rum is pretty weak. <_>

Good question, and since I do have a bit of experience with alcohol, here's what works best.

1. Have an eye-opener, a beer or a bloody mary or something like that. Hangovers are due to the withdrawl, and having a quick drink in the morning works good

2. Advil and caffeine, something like coffee, or coke or personally I like to have a Vault soda

3. You can prevent hangovers by doing the following: After a night of drinking, before bed, pop a few advils and down it with a tall glass of water. You'll be at your best in the morning, I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    3. You can prevent hangovers by doing the following: After a night of drinking, before bed, pop a few advils and down it with a tall glass of water. You'll be at your best in the morning, I guarantee it.
    While this is good advice, it doesn't help after a heavy night of drinking! I wasn't looking for a specific answer for me, the tried and true practice of McDonalds and Gatorade with a nice shower works and I can usually be back on my feet after even the worst of illness in a matter of hours.

lumps19

Advil, pretzels (or crackers), and lots of water and/or Gatorade.

Usually knocks it out for me in a few hours. Also, always eat before you drink.

Drink a vitamin water or Gatorade before and after you drink.No hangover.

Scientifically, hangovers have nothing to do with alcohol. Alcohol simply causes you to expend more fluid than you would otherwise, through sweat and bathroom, leading to you dehydration.

That dehydration, of course, is what causes headaches.

Thus, the most obvious cure would be to drink a lot of water.

Headache medicine may also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Scientifically, hangovers have nothing to do with alcohol. Alcohol simply causes you to expend more fluid than you would otherwise, through sweat and bathroom, leading to you dehydration.

That dehydration, of course, is what causes headaches.

Thus, the most obvious cure would be to drink a lot of water.

Headache medicine may also help.
    Actually, I'm given to understand that perhaps more than the dehydration, an over-abundance of GABA receptors is behind the dull pain / aches. I don't have precise knowledge of the chemistry involved. Simply means that some aspects of being hanged-over probably just need time.

Best recommendations I've seen so far typically involve water though. Have some water before you go to bed, have some when you get up. Exercise wouldn't hurt, or perhaps a nap if you can afford the time. Don't bother with pain killers, in my opinion. There are two families of pain killers, and neither one really gets along with folks who drink more than moderately.