What are some adult diaper companies that went out of buisness and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hex000f

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I haven't been around the ABDL scene long enough to know personally, so I'm doing some research here.

The first one would be DPF.com, or
Diaper Pail Friends. The site owner was the first "main stream" formum somewhat similar to here. He expanded to have all kinds of business links, and even started to sell his own abdl stuff. Unfortunately when he passed away everything was shut down.

Daily Diapers eventually came about to fill the void Tommy left, but they have already made a firm line to be sex oriented only and do not welcome abs or dls anymore. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they go out of business too.

One company that comes to mind is BKN. They had a somewhat brief run a few years back, and only made one model of diaper. It had a single tape per side just like Cushies, but the padding was much thicker and denser than Cushies. The plastic shell also had a geometric print very reminiscent of Huggies Snug N Dry, which you can see here.
4186BEC0-C04D-4A2F-A516-7357FE280493.jpg768765E2-A5C0-4238-90DD-0B3B08F44647.jpg6C9FF0A1-B860-4597-AFF7-F62B363E9BC7.jpgE4433448-408B-4BB4-9411-2067FB434AE6.jpg
I had a few at one point, and they almost became my favorite diaper then. Performance wise, capacity was near the top for its time, and I am a sucker for single tape diapers, but the cut was lower and tighter compared to Cushies, and the plastic they used had a tendency to stretch and tear after a while. The cost was a big thing, too, being imported from the UK, it made them expensive. I think that’s what really doomed the company.

It’s a shame they’re gone. I’d kill for some right now.

You might also consider the original ABUniverse. Possibly for reasons too numerous to mention.

Curity used to make adult disposables (back in the old rectangular fan fold style) but they went back to baby products only.
There were a whole slew of manufacturers from the early days: Ambeze, GoAheads, Medalists. A lot of these were medical supply companies that may or may not still be around or even selling adult diapes under other names. I know Whitestone products is still at it.

Comco, makers of plastic pants, disappeared a decade or so again. They were my favorite.

Baby Pants, little for big

alwayz said:

Those companies are both still in business.

alwayz said:
Not sure about Baby Pants but Little For Big is definitely still in business.

Their diapers were a bit of a flop, likely due to price, but they're still around on their site and Amazon

Some of Tommy's shenanigans was also the demise of DPF prior to his passing. It really came down to what was going to happen first, DPF folds or Tommy dies.

What was occurring before he died?

Sheepies said:
Not sure about Baby Pants but Little For Big is definitely still in business.

Their diapers were a bit of a flop, likely due to price, but they're still around on their site and Amazon
The quality of them isn’t that great either. They feel cheap, and they don’t hold up well in my opinion.

babyblueblanket said:
Some of Tommy's shenanigans was also the demise of DPF prior to his passing. It really came down to what was going to happen first, DPF folds or Tommy dies.

I used to go to DPF quite a bit "back in the day". The chat rooms and forums appeared to be unregulated and not moderated, so yeah, the place gradually filled up with trolls and alsorts of people that crawled out from under their stones, some unsavoury characters indeed. Not a nice place at all. As for Tommy, from what I understand, but never seen official information is that he kinda portrait the whole AB/DL thing in bad light and did appear on TV a few times.

Classy Comfort, they were one of the 1st companies to do an all over print. I still have a few bags too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bokeh said:
Classy Comfort, they were one of the 1st companies to do an all over print. I still have a few bags too.

What do they look like?

Sheepies said:
What do they look like?

Please keep in mind that I don’t own this image, I pulled it from a Google search & it’s being used for reference only.

Mine are buried in the back of a very large stash & I’m lying in bed & can’t go looking for th
bf7980126cf5085b20f60666e4ae090a.jpg
em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back