Can't find out what this diaper is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBalljustin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Found this picture on Tumblr, but didn't know what diaper this is. Any help? Thanks. View attachment 31602[/ATTACH]

I believe these are changingtimes bearhugs

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

well those have a nice looking shell art, anyone know how well they perform?

Bear_Hugz_Back_fa9a356e-b77f-4ef4-b361-f85c4452eee2_1024x1024.jpg

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/products/disposable-diaper-ctdc-bear-hugz-10

They look to be fairly high capacity, and use velcro tabs. Assuming it's just a reskin, that would narrow it down to being based on what, a magnifico or a galactic?

Pretty expensive though... 4 bags for 40 diapers costs $148. (includes shipping) Single bags are $37. (so there's no "case quantity discount")

Might have to get a bag to try tho!

(ordered a bag, we'll see!)

Last edited:
They're worth it. Same chassis and similar performance to Tykables.

I got a package in. They have lots of "fluff" inside in addition to SAP. Appear to work pretty well.

Finally a thread on the Bear Hugz appears, was wondering how long it would be before a thread on these would pop up on ADISC >u<

A few points on my experience so far, I've gone through one package(10 diapers) out of a case of 40 of size Large for use mainly at night.
All of them have held up great so far and contained everything, and even managed to contain a rather large incident one night, If I had worn my regular boosted M4 that night it would have easily been a blowout.

So far I'm pretty impressed.

The fit on the large is about the same as the Large size Rears for me.

I really love the print, and the fade when wet moons are a lovely touch.
20180828_222602.jpg 20180828_222758.jpg

~Front panel and Tapes are hook&loop/Velcro style and hold very very well, definitely my favorite at the moment and the front loop panel isn't scratchy at all but actually sorta smooth. A great choice for these cause they swell so much I believe regular tapes would have trouble holding up.

~Plastic backed, no cloth outer which I like.

~Inside is decently soft, not as soft as Rears but still pleasantly soft.

~Dry thickness is not really impressive and is actually quite thin, a little disappointing.Might need to fluff and puff them a little more when right out of the pack because the padding is very compressed. Thinner than ABUs or Rears when dry right out of the pack.

~The swell factor on these however is kind of insane, swells more than any other diaper I've used yet I believe(I didn't have any spare Simple or Seductions to really compare and make sure at this time)
Package claims 5000ml but what I've experienced they appear to have a higher advertised capacity cause they swell more than ABU Simple(from my last experience with them a few months prior) and I think a little more than Rears Seduction(last used about a month ago)

~Standing leak guards are really sturdy and tall and the elastics are also great, didn't cut into my legs at all but that might just be because Large is a little relaxed on me.

I would definitely say of you want something that has a cute night time print and swells a boatload you should give these a try :biggrin:

Jonnythepony said:
Finally a thread on the Bear Hugz appears, was wondering how long it would be before a thread on these would pop up on ADISC >u<

A few points on my experience so far, I've gone through one package(10 diapers) out of a case of 40 of size Large for use mainly at night.
All of them have held up great so far and contained everything, and even managed to contain a rather large incident one night, If I had worn my regular boosted M4 that night it would have easily been a blowout.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to them already! They're probably a reskin of the Tykables Overnight / Galactic then from what I've seen. Those start out at a medium thickness but stiff, and swell a lot when wet. (bambino's magnifico start out thicker and don't swell as much)

Too bad they don't have very good "product shots", I didn't see any pictures of the tapes or inside.

Oh yeah, that "quilting" on the outside - definitely a tykables. (tho also seen on the save express plus, which strangely enough lack front elastic)

There's a blog post on CTDC's webpage. They haven't had the best of experiences with being a small-scale disposable diaper importer. Reading between the lines, well, not so much because he comes out and says it, there may only be one shipment of Bear Hugz. Ever. Hurry up if you plan on ordering.

It's too bad, though, because the print is so much better than Tykables.

Wow! A lot of great information from you all. Thank you very much! I might have to get me some! 😁

Tungsten said:
There's a blog post on CTDC's webpage. They haven't had the best of experiences with being a small-scale disposable diaper importer. Reading between the lines, well, not so much because he comes out and says it, there may only be one shipment of Bear Hugz. Ever. Hurry up if you plan on ordering.

It's too bad, though, because the print is so much better than Tykables.

If they decide not to make a second run, maybe he can sell the design to Tykables, save them some R&D and marketing costs while sticking with the same manufacturer.

As for patterns, I'm not a fan of the overnights pattern. The galactic is ok, and I honestly don't care what the Little Builders look like because I'm exclusively interested in the model design for wear-to-work duty. I think Bear Hugz would be an improvement to their line, I prefer it over their overnight/galactic patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back