Not open for further replies.

quietcutie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
i was wondering if its ok to store diapers outside of their packaging like on a storage shelf or something stacked up. i seen pictures of people doing this but is there any negative side effects to leaving diapers out in the open?

Well, if there's moist air in your room, the wetness indicators (if there are any on your diapers?) will turn blue.

And/or if your room has tendencies to have odours, they will also slightly absorb those over time. This won't happen in you keep them in a clean, dry location. :)

I hope I helped you out a bit.

I hope you are having a nice day. :)
Best regards.
-Edward.

quietcutie said:
i was wondering if its ok to store diapers outside of their packaging like on a storage shelf or something stacked up. i seen pictures of people doing this but is there any negative side effects to leaving diapers out in the open?

I dont think so, unless there was something that could happen to damage them (which I dont think is very likely unless you have animals that want to destroy your diapers).

Matter of fact some of us like to take them out of the package a while before we put them on so that they can decompress/puff out.

I have never tried that though, but I have seen it mentioned a bunch of times.

Well,

There may be more issues with absorbing moisture if you live in a humid environment?

Or

Ability of other to see, that could be a negative for some.

I don’t specifically unpackage them, nor keep in a package...I open as needed...but have had some in luggage left for long times with no ill effects, even years...

I suppose that in direct sunlight could cause the plastic to break down...

I unpack my diapers and leave them on my shelf inside the closet, never had any issues, and actually it helps the diaper relax a bit since there packed so tight.
I guess the worst thing that could happen is if my cat broke into the closet and decided to stretch his claws.

thanks for the answers guys! Very much appreciated.

Diapers are not sterile when made but they tend to be pretty clean. Once exposed to a normal household atmosphere they will gradually pick up odours, moisture and dust, and possibly dust mites too. If your aim is to have some permanently on display, I would suggest rotating the stock so that no diaper that you want to use is left out longer than needed. Or reserve some as display-only that are never going to be worn. I unpack and decompress mine before use, but I put them in lidded crates to keep them clean during that time. My stock of older / unavailable products is all in lidded crates or original sealed packs as well, as I do intend to use most of them and want them pristine.

A lot of us have observed diapers to "fluff up" when you take them out of the bag. I set mine on shelves on their side. A few weeks out of the bag can double the dry thickness of some diapers.

attachment.php

bambinod said:
A lot of us have observed diapers to "fluff up" when you take them out of the bag. I set mine on shelves on their side. A few weeks out of the bag can double the dry thickness of some diapers.

attachment.php
Okay I am jealous!!! Nice collection.. Looks like a grocery store so neat and organized.

I always unpack a bag of diapers about a week before I will need them. Allowing them to expand and fluff up will actually improve ther acquisition rate, and decrease their chance for leaking some. As mentioned though, if you keep them in a humid or smelly area then don't leave them out of the bags for too long or they will absorb some of that humidity/smell.

xpluswearer said:
Okay I am jealous!!! Nice collection.. Looks like a grocery store so neat and organized.

Thanks! I like variety!

bambinod said:

attachment.php
Wish i had the veriety you have, all i got are abu kiddos and spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back