Mirtazapine (Remeron)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfront

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've just been prescribed Mirtazapine to help me sleep. I'm planning to wear a diaper tonight anyway (the first time for a while), and I'm prepared to be a bit wet, but should I expect a flood? As I'm a careful guy I use a booster pad and a bed pad but I've seen stories about Mirtazapine inducing bedwetting.

I've been on mirtazapine for years with no issue of bedwetting.

Um...this is disturbing. Why are you not sleeping? Mirtazapine isn't on label for insomnia. It's an antidepressant. It will cause some drowsiness but isn't the most effective treatment for that.

Do you have incontinence otherwise? Mirtazapine doesn't list incontinence as a side effect. Actually the opposite. It causes both constipation and urinary retention in some patients. The good news for it is it does not have some of the annoying side effects of SSRIs (sexual disfunction).

I agree like above. Mirtazapine is a dangerous drugs. The side effects are a lots, especially beware your liver and kidneys. So if you need sedative drugs, may you should take antihistamine, such chlorpheniramine, just safer.

Sorry I should have said - I've got serious anxiety, also depression. The insomnia is the worst symptom. In that context perhaps the prescription makes more sense.

The bedwetting reports were people who we're so deeply asleep they didn't know they needed to pee - I just wanted to check if that might happen to me. But if I'm padded up that isn't a huge worry (and heaven knows, I worry enough at present).

I took it for a bit ... no issues with bedwetting
I gained a fair amount of weight very quickly though
I take quite the cocktail of amtidepressants now, and ambien for sleep.

That's fine. Abnormal sleep cycles is one of the common traits in depression. I hope it works for you. You may have to try an SSRI or tricyclic though if it doesn't.

I sometimes currently take temazempam (a strong tranquilizer) when I slip into insomnia. Back when I was urge incontinent I would still wake up with most urges any ways. Now that I'm functionally incontinent I simply don't wake up to pee anymore. It's nice, and I've found I don't get insomnia as much anymore either.

Thank you for replies. The Mirtazapine helped me sleep a bit better, but it left me feeling groggy for 24 hours, so I don't want to take it regularly. BTW, I woke up dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back