ABU no longer selling to third party companies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprLuv85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This may affect some of you, so I figured I would pass it along. According to a tweet reply from NappiesRUs, ABU will no longer sell to third party sellers. This means you will only be able to buy direct!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NappiesRUs/status/1038440044690919424

This happened ages ago, maybe even a year? Whenever the international ABU warehouses launched anyway.

ABU posted on reddit (and on here I think) that they would be doing this and only selling direct and why.

blob said:
This happened ages ago, maybe even a year? Whenever the international ABU warehouses launched anyway.

ABU posted on reddit (and on here I think) that they would be doing this and only selling direct and why.

While they mentioned it a while ago it was only not long ago that this became a thing in the UK. NRU still have some stock of ABU but only in like extra large.

Old news. ABU can make more money this way.

I still see other companies selling ABU products but perhaps they buy them personally from them and then resell them? But then they are not making any profit.

I think in the long run, it's not a good strategy. Sure they can control their operations by only selling direct, but they limit their ability for whole sale retailer to increase international distribution. Sure, they are a niche product, but still, if they want to expand and compete at all on the medical side of things, they'll be up against the big companies, like tena, abena, etc.

my two cents

Emprescue said:
I think in the long run, it's not a good strategy. Sure they can control their operations by only selling direct, but they limit their ability for whole sale retailer to increase international distribution. Sure, they are a niche product, but still, if they want to expand and compete at all on the medical side of things, they'll be up against the big companies, like tena, abena, etc.

my two cents

The ABU strategy is focussed on filling the pockets of the owner of ABU. That doesn’t require a world spanning retail organization, only a small network in Europe and the USA because thats where the customers live.

Roland007 said:
The ABU strategy is focussed on filling the pockets of the owner of ABU. That doesn’t require a world spanning retail organization, only a small network in Europe and the USA because thats where the customers live.

I agree with you. I mail to Tykables ask for shipping or 3rd party. He said like you and advice me to try other way for supplying.

DPRLuv85 said:
This may affect some of you, so I figured I would pass it along. According to a tweet reply from NappiesRUs, ABU will no longer sell to third party sellers. This means you will only be able to buy direct!

3rd parties can of course still buy and will still carry them, but they have to purchase at retail prices (instead of wholesale) so 3rd parties will have to mark them up a bit from retail price to sell them, making prices more expensive than from ABU.

This will still help people that don't have a local ABU outlet though. Buying in bulk will allow 3rd parties to get them cheaper than individuals in some areas, allowing them to add in a little markup and remain profitable.

Direct-to-consumer sellers always do better "avoiding the middleman", and usually view local retailers as "parasites" or "necessary evils" because they have to sell to them at prices below what they can charge consumers directly. That's why it's common to start seeing "local xyz stores" popping up after a business becomes successful and is growing. Just look at all the Apple Stores that have popped up all over the place. Again they're just trying to "avoid the middleman" and make a higher profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back