Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF! Someone broke into my car...

Default WTF! Someone broke into my car...

Nothing was taken. I came out, the windows were rolled down, all the doors open and moved clear across the lot. I sure as hell didn't do that.

WTF!?!

I was in a panic looking for my car and someone moved it clear across the lot for no apparent reason. Looks like they tried to rummage through all the shit in the trunk I still haven't cleaned up... Least they did me a favor by throwing it all over the ground for the groundskeepers to get...

How do I stop this from happening again? This is kind of scary that someone was able to get into my Geo Metro that easily..

Yes, I do lock my doors. I don't leave the windows open and the rear window has been sealed, so I don't understand how they got in? They hotwired it or something and drove it to the other side?

Slim jim or a door wedge of some sort, aka coat hanger or any incline plane. Its not a manual trans by any chance? Also it prolly wouldn't be too hard for say 8 people to PICK UP that type of car. Make sure the window rolley mechanism (yes technical term) is in good shape some can be pushed down a bit. Also if it can be pushed down then other tools can be used. I had to break into a friends Neon after welding class with a piece of 1/16" wire because of course he locked his keys in, cept I went through a cracked open window for the power lock button where up = open. Misaligned lock mechanisms could be shook open.

I know with my truck it would be pretty hard to pry or pop the door EXCEPT with a slim jim. I lock mine for safety reasons because its a manual trans and needs no power to plow through something (or someone) just add a hill. Also thats one other reason I typically leave my wheels turned where I'd go over a curb or worst case tag another car. #1 no tow if it wont go. #2 steering lock, you'd have to pick the warded lock or remove the cylinder to open the steering lock device and in worst case scenario my truck would just do a long 180 if in neutral.

Its an auto but it shifts without applying the brake ( that wasn't introduced till later.. )

I didn't realize that and I checked it today and it seems fined I will look at it just in case...

thanks

You always seems to have some problem with your cars...Luckily for me, if anyone broke into mine, they would just be cleaning if they stole anything. They only thing of any kind of value is a tape adapter for my iPod, and that's like only $10...

I'd test your locks, just to make sure

Ok... will do...

I know.. I don't want to jinx it....

I looked at it, they got in through the hatch..

The clip was rusted and won't close all the way and you can pull it right open..

I used a hammer and some wd-40...

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    You always seems to have some problem with your cars...Luckily for me, if anyone broke into mine, they would just be cleaning if they stole anything. They only thing of any kind of value is a tape adapter for my iPod, and that's like only $10...

I'd test your locks, just to make sure
    Wouldn't it be great if there was someone who collects fast food wrappers and bits of paper for some weird obsession thing and they broke into your car. BAM Clean car by morning. sorry. I'm bored.

I had a whole boatload of useless crap.

Papers, old oil bottles, aerosol, an ANVIL!? wadded up mcdonalds bags, soda cans, wires, ram chips, the old muffler, and the rest was assorted beer bottles and boxes...!

Well leasts its clean now.

GOD!

soren456

What became of that dead bird smell?

Quote Originally Posted by soren456 View Post
    What became of that dead bird smell?
    OMG what?

Alright Timmah, what the heck was the dead bird about?

Darkfinn

Dude... it's a Geo Metro... I don't think there is anything you can do. If they want in it, they will get in it... locks only keep away the honest thieves.

Typically the advantage to owning an older (pardon me) POS vehicle is that people don't want to break into it.