Thread: American Airlines flight attendant told passenger to go in a bag after plane's toilets overflow

Default American Airlines flight attendant told passenger to go in a bag after plane's toilets overflow

TLDR: Someone on an American Airlines flight to Hawaii flushed a diaper down a toilet, disabling and backing up the entire system. Normally when this happens the flight will divert to the nearest airport but as the plane was over the Pacific ocean the nearest airport was their destination in Hawaii, which was still a few hours away.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amer...164335360.html

Did this REALLY surprise anyone?
    These are the same assholes that drag passengers, kicking and screening from the plain.

Hmm. I think I recall reading an article about a cruise ship that had something like that happen. The bags were supposedly designed for the purpose, but the people were stuck at sea with stinky poo-bags everywhere. :P

Yes it's unfortunate but, the passengers would have complained no matter what the crew did.

If they'd let the passengers use the toilets they would have posted pictures of toilets with the mess sloshing all over the bathroom floor, and the subsequent smell filling the whole plane.

I think the situation was a lose-lose and the most sanitary way to handle it was to use the bags.

The real idiot was the person who flushed the diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Yes it's unfortunate but, the passengers would have complained no matter what the crew did.

If they'd let the passengers use the toilets they would have posted pictures of toilets with the mess sloshing all over the bathroom floor, and the subsequent smell filling the whole plane.

I think the situation was a lose-lose and the most sanitary way to handle it was to use the bags.

The real idiot was the person who flushed the diaper.
    I agree. There was really nothing more they could have done in this situation. All the more reason to wear diapers (and dispose of them properly) while flying.