VR anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramennoodles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I mainly game now days in VR. Just curious on if there are other people on here who have vr as well. My favorite games are beat saber, rec room, table top simulator, and elite dangerous. What are your fave VR games? I want to get into vrchat but haven't put to much effort into it.

I don't have a VR. But my Alienware Laptop has a Tobii Eyetracker. Which is close to what a VR headset. I do want to test drive one I hope at Best Buy or another electronic store before buying one.

I also Play Elite Dangerous.

I've got the Oculus rift VR. I still tend to rotate through all my games though, so I only use it about 10% of the time though. My last game was Minecraft for VR, which I enjoyed immensely. And actually that was over 3 months ago, which I haven't touched since. In fact, I am now playing through an old windows 95 game called Outpost 2 (via the pcem program), and looking to start up another old one called Far Gate. I'll probably pick up the VR game Adrift after that though.

I have vr. My favorite games are beat saber, robo recall, and sprint vector. For shooters it will probably be pavlov.

No not yet but I do want to play a VR MMO.

Is there an easy way to VR Second Life?

Argent said:

I haven't tried it with second life, but on the oculus you usually have to have the game normally installed and acti c.f. ated. Next, go into the oculus store or library and purchase the VR version for the same game. That then links the oculus to the game, and will automatically launch it in VR.

My last game I installed this way was minecraft, which was in the store for free. Most others I saw were pretty cheap, like maybe 15$ at the most. That's still on top whatever you had already paid for the game itself though.

Other games that are VR only are purchased in full through the store, but cost as much as any other new standard game would.

Argent said:

You can play second life in vr but it isn't worth it. The scaling on everything is broken because the community didn't set a standard for size, it is horribly optimized and will not run well, and there isn't any tracking for the controllers. If you want a second life experience just load up vr chat, it basically is second life if it actually tried to go anywhere. Sansar is supposed to be second life 2.0 but community refuses to move to it because of lack of content even though it allows you to do 10x more things and better optimizations.

kratox said:
You can play second life in vr but it isn't worth it. The scaling on everything is broken because the community didn't set a standard for size, it is horribly optimized and will not run well, and there isn't any tracking for the controllers. If you want a second life experience just load up vr chat, it basically is second life if it actually tried to go anywhere. Sansar is supposed to be second life 2.0 but community refuses to move to it because of lack of content even though it allows you to do 10x more things and better optimizations.

Thank you very very much!

Still keen to try SL but won’t worry about the VR part of it. Do you play SL?

Argent said:
Thank you very very much!

Still keen to try SL but won’t worry about the VR part of it. Do you play SL?

Not really. I played it for a sec but then got bored. (Sorry if I am being to harsh towards the game below. I am just telling you why I personally do not like the game)

Rant/info:
Limited scope
It is really focused on social interactions and although that is fine and dandy in some circumstances, it gets annoying when you can't do anything else. "oh yea that is so cute that you've pooped and peed youre diaper for the 50 BILLIONTH TIME"!!! Where is the actual interactions?? Why isn't their a food system tied in with a hunger and bladder system???? Why isn't their a bunch of different gtamemodes you can have fun with friends in??? Diapers and abdl stuff should be a addon into a game that has fun not the only primary focus. Build your platform for fun not only a masturbating tool.

There is to much rp typing!!!!
Why is it that a game where you can make anything you want done, do people only choose to type for 50% of the time. That be like giving someone a gun to use for hunting and they just hit deer in the head with the butt of the rifle. Why do I see *bends over showing off rear*, being typed and not actually just being a emote???

Programming/permissions
I mainly tried programing, 3d modeling and etc in it.

The last thing I was making was a wand for Halloween. It was gonna turn users I pointed at into a diaper if they didn't give me candy and allow me to actually wear them lol. This is where the "limiting factor" comes into play. Not only is the programming language bare bones and does not have everything you would need properly coded in, the game forces a user permission system that completely kills any fun in the game IMO. You might be thinking "well not everyone wants to be turned into a diaper for some prank" >:C, but guess what. That applies to EVERYTHING. You can't properly do age regression stuff because of it on top of the limited graphics and model capabilities. You can't easily do gamemodes without verifying a whole list of permission stuff.

It is a really broken system and IMO GMOD does everything SL tried to do but 10x better. The only issue is the community in SL refuses to move to better things, I legit had some guy scream and threaten to ban me all because I said garrys mod had rp also and other stuff. He refused to believe the game had anything else other than sandbox.

kratox said:

I got my wife a VR rig not long ago. She is hooked on VR chat.

WOW that GBOX looks interesting and sounds like VR is it’s thing.

I thought I replied to you. GMOD doesn't have vr because the original developer went on to make rust. He said he is working on a gmod2 which should have support for stuff like that but we don't have a word on when. I am sure you could get it in-game though because its on the source engine and uses tf2s source version. Meaning that if you could find the files you should be able to drag and drop. Thing is I wouldn't recommend vr for it because gmod can real easily go from 200 fps to like 10 because it depends on what is going on. Like a player could start spam spawning giant barrels, or load up a unoptimized model.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/Garrys_Mod/

Also if you want to play some vr games together we can. I mostly play things like pavlov, beatsaber, and sprint vector though.

kratox said:
I thought I replied to you. GMOD doesn't have vr because the original developer went on to make rust. He said he is working on a gmod2 which should have support for stuff like that but we don't have a word on when. I am sure you could get it in-game though because its on the source engine and uses tf2s source version. Meaning that if you could find the files you should be able to drag and drop. Thing is I wouldn't recommend vr for it because gmod can real easily go from 200 fps to like 10 because it depends on what is going on. Like a player could start spam spawning giant barrels, or load up a unoptimized model.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/4000/Garrys_Mod/

Also if you want to play some vr games together we can. I mostly play things like pavlov, beatsaber, and sprint vector though.

Thank you for the clarification, I sometimes run headlong the wrong way into a wall when I am excited about new things.

Not yet at the stage of being able to play games, the next game I play I want it to be perfect 1st person, customised Avatar, social, action, works with an Omni (or similar contraption that lets you move as part of the game) and either VR or 4K screen... you know immersive.

Argent said:
Thank you for the clarification, I sometimes run headlong the wrong way into a wall when I am excited about new things.

Not yet at the stage of being able to play games, the next game I play I want it to be perfect 1st person, customised Avatar, social, action, works with an Omni (or similar contraption that lets you move as part of the game) and either VR or 4K screen... you know immersive.

No offense but if you are waiting for that... You will be waiting a long time. Your expectations are so high you are setting yourself up for failure.
Enjoy what you have, don't disregard it.

Also no offense but every treadmill on the market is really limiting. Not only are majority of them ridiculously big/expensive, but they don't feel natural from what most people say. Then you are expecting a 3rd party device to have major adoption with games.

Just out of curiosity what vr headset do you have????

wait_for_vr.jpeg

Ok, that cartoon funny. It kinda backwards with me. My dad has VR. Haha, He has no way to download the drivers. I want to buy VR but I want to test it out first.

kratox said:
No offense but if you are waiting for that... You will be waiting a long time. Your expectations are so high you are setting yourself up for failure.

Damnit, I am sure you are correct but I just don’t have time in my life to waste on single player games (I can be lonely anywhere I don’t need to be lonely in a computer game), games that have you sitting inactive to play (I am easily bored, get fat from inactivity and fall asleep sitting too long), 3rd person perspective (zero immersion for me, why would I want to look at my own avatars ass or top of my head.)

kratox said:
Just out of curiosity what vr headset

I don’t have any VR gear as nothing seemed to be worthwhile whenever I have looked.... promising for the future but just not what I have been after.

closest I got was some contraption for my iPhone with those apps Cedarpoint, DiscoveryVR and VRPlayer.

That comic strip is genius!

Argent said:
Damnit, I am sure you are correct but I just don’t have time in my life to waste on single player games (I can be lonely anywhere I don’t need to be lonely in a computer game), games that have you sitting inactive to play (I am easily bored, get fat from inactivity and fall asleep sitting too long), 3rd person perspective (zero immersion for me, why would I want to look at my own avatars ass or top of my head.)

I don’t have any VR gear as nothing seemed to be worthwhile whenever I have looked.... promising for the future but just not what I have been after.

closest I got was some contraption for my iPhone with those apps Cedarpoint, DiscoveryVR and VRPlayer.

That comic strip is genius!

Phone vr is a joke compared to real vr headsets. Also there are a ton of multiplayer/single-player games that will have you active and also greeting new players. Vr is far from a non social experience.

Also if price is a issue the windows mixed reality headsets are not bad you can get some for less than $200. I am not trying to force you to buy it. I am just trying to enlighten you because I feel alot of miss information has been spread about vr.

Examples
-----------------------------

Multiplayer:
Sprint Vector - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyU5znzxugc
(plz watch this trailer I love this game)

rec room - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kl9gqv9t_I

VR chat - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9GsiN1zyWY&t=3s

Single-player:
[video=youtube;wq8EXq4elis]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq8EXq4elis[/video]

Doom vfr - https://youtu.be/JYOasB6aI_A?t=41

Baby Hands - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50lGbFImvik
still in beta but they are adding multiplayer support so a bunch of babies can play games together :v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back