Urine sanitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwerty

Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
If I wore a diaper 2 days ago can I wear it again if urine was inside? As in wear the same one again 2 days later

I mean. You do you. But I personally wouldn't. Urine is not sterile after it leaves your body. So with 2 days that diaper is full of nasty bacteria that can get you sick or a UTI. But its your call. My suggestion is no though. Get a fresh one.

I second Ramen...Urine is sterile, at first. But as soon as it's out, bacteria like to start growing. Uck.

In addition to stuff growing in the urine as ramen says, the various chemicals start breaking down making stuff like ammonia and the rest that could cause a lot of irritation to your skin.

No. It's not a good idea at all.

Do not ever wear a used diaper bacteria starts to grow quickly once the diaper has been removed and is exposed to open air movment.

NeverKnow said:
Urine is actually not even sterile when it’s in your body. But yes after it has been sitting out for a couple days there is all kinds of nasty stuff growing in it. That’s why it smells.

Toss it.

Urine IS sterile while in the body, unless you have an infection. Check with a doctor if you are unsure on this - there is no way that normally functioning kidneys can let through bacteria.

Whether or not it’s sterile when it leaves the body is beside the point.

qwertyqwerty, probably best to leave old diapers in the trash.

willnotwill said:
Sorry Normal, that is INCORRECT. There are amounts of bacteria in the urine even in healthy people. Just as with much of everything in your body, it's got bacteria and other stuff in it. Do some actual research rather than relying on Dodgeball and other internet folklore.

http://www.abstractsonline.com/Plan...b50&mKey=673511f0-c86b-432f-a387-058032b8500b

From what multiple doctors have said it's sterile when its in you. It gets bacteria from leaving your body. So while its in your bladder there is no bacteria. But your tubes as it exits the bladder has bacteria. That's why when thet ask for a urine sample they want it mid stream. this is to help make sure the sample is sterile because the bacteria is pushed out with the beginning of the stream. But comes back after some time and the cycle continues.

The answer is a strict NO. If you have a rash or any cut or sores on you body in
this area, that gives germs/ bacteria direct access to your body.

the waste in urine are not ok for your skin, especially ammonia, irritation. After overnight urine are full of enterobacteria, not good.

NeverKnow said:
Urine is actually not even sterile when it’s in your body. But yes after it has been sitting out for a couple days there is all kinds of nasty stuff growing in it. That’s why it smells.

Toss it.

Actually it is sterile. It's just uric acid, sugar, water, and various other inorganic compounds that's been filtered by your kidneys. And kidneys do not filter live bacteria from your blood.

Though that's all with a caveat though. A fair amount of people will get a bladder infection (or multiple infections) in their life time. Some infections can be very minor and have no visible symptoms. And thry can take a permanent hold in your bladder. This is what would make a persons pee not sterile.

Kind of a moot point regarding the OPs question though. Once urine is exposed to the air it will become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria, regardless if it starts out with some harmless bacteria in it or not. Taking off a slightly wet diaper then putting it back on in like under 30 minutes is ok, but definitely not ok if after more than an hour or two (let alone two days).

I highly recommend not wearing them again

Slomo said:
Actually it is sterile. It's just uric acid, sugar, water, and various other inorganic compounds that's been filtered by your kidneys. And kidneys do not filter live bacteria from your blood.
They don't filter bacteria, but they don't stop it from perfusing into the urine either. Do a little research. I already posted one article.

willnotwill said:
They don't filter bacteria, but they don't stop it from perfusing into the urine either. Do a little research. I already posted one article.

The bottom line is the kidneys generate urine by removing waste products from the blood. (mainly water, uric acid, dead red blood cells, and other metabolic debris) If there are live bacteria in your bladder, they came from your kidneys, or came up the plumbing from the other direction. Kidney and blood infections are both pretty bad news, so we can assume that's not the case for the average person.

Most of the time it's just a trace amount that has made it up the urethra. Urine is unfortunately a perfect compost heap to fertilize bacteria, so it's possible for bacteria to multiply fast enough to outrun the clearing out of the bladder, especially if you're not keeping hydrated and keeping your bladder and urethra flushed regularly. But then you have a bladder infection, and that's not normal either.

If you took a piss into a sterile container, there's a chance it would stay sterile, but not a good chance. Odds are the stream would pick up at least a few bacteria on the way out, and it only takes one. Especially with NOTHING to prevent it from multiplying in the richly fertile urine.

So it's about as sterile as sterile water is. It may be starting out sterile, but won't stay that way with any humans around. Remember there are bacteria and fungii floating around in the air, and one can easily get picked up on a stream. Sterile liquids will only stay sterile when transported in a sealed sterile tube. Obviously urine landing in a diaper isn't going to stay sterile. It's going to dump fertilizer on all the bacteria in your diaper and start growing pretty rapidly.

qwertyqwerty said:
If I wore a diaper 2 days ago can I wear it again if urine was inside? As in wear the same one again 2 days later

I wouldn't. It would be very smelly and it would not be comfortable to wear.

willnotwill said:

Read all of my posts before acusing me of not doing my research too. Try look at my prior post, and you'll see I alread did comment towards the bacteria infection posibility. That post was a clarification that urine itself that comes from the kidneys IS sterile. Do your own research and you'd know that.

I did my research and despite how many times you say that, it is NOT true. This is a widely held misbelief. It dates back to the late 1800's when Joseph Lister was doing all his pioneering working in infections. People poopoo'd early research to show otherwise arguing that even with catheter collection, the bacteria present were externally introduced. This has been pretty much repudiated over the last decade. There's no part of the human body that is not teeming with bacteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back