Dry 24/7 quality decrease in the last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't get to wear often so I only buy about one or two packs of diapers per year. I last bought Dry 24/7's almost exactly one year ago. They're definitely a favorite, thick, heavy crinkle, good shape, decently tall. I ordered another pack from Northshore and I just received it. Almost immediately I noticed the plastic seems thinner? The last pack from a year ago and all the ones previously had pretty heavy plastic backsheet which I liked. These feel not as good, pretty flimsy. They also don't seem to come up as high? And the padding feels a bit thinner. Idk maybe they just need to breath for a few days? Am I crazy or did the quality of Dry 24/7s drop in the last year?

I wear them 24\7. Haven't noticed a difference. I do get an occasional batch of off cut shells, but the quality has been consistent to me.

They definitely changed the plastic outer 'backsheet'. It used to have more crinkle. Now it is more vinyl (feels like a shower curtain) and is not as crinkly.
Just my opinion, but I also think they slightly reduced the amount of SAP, say maybe 5 to 10%.

They used to be color coded (pink, purple, etc...) by size.

willnotwill said:
They used to be color coded (pink, purple, etc...) by size.

That is molicare super plus, not dry 24/7. I miss purple molicares.

LittleICme said:
They definitely changed the plastic outer 'backsheet'. It used to have more crinkle. Now it is more vinyl (feels like a shower curtain) and is not as crinkly.
Just my opinion, but I also think they slightly reduced the amount of SAP, say maybe 5 to 10%.

Yeah the plastic definitely used to be heavier with more of a crackle than just a little crinkle. It was heavier and stronger without being overly stiff. Now it's lighter weight like a Northshore Supreme, so it has a softer rustle/crinkle. Previously I think the heavier plastic helped it hold a better shape and poof when dry. They used to maintain a V or even a "squared off" poof on the bum, whereas now they lack rigidity and cave to form a W even with folding them and adding a booster. *sigh* I guess when I find a new favorite diaper I just need to stockpile it because the next time I buy it, it may no longer have the features that made it a favorite.

The prices seem to have jumped up from northshore. XP still has the lower price.
I guess I need to find a new favorite.

I hope they didn't wreck them!

WABX said:
I hope they didn't wreck them!

To be clear, I am still of the opinion this is a very premium diaper. They just made some minor tweaks that we as ABDLs may not find as appealing as their intended clientele. I imagine elderly, IC, or disabled individuals would probably find the changes agreeable.

I wear ConfiDry 24/7 diapers all day and all night to manage my urge incontinence. As ej24 suggests, I have found the small changes that the manufacturers of ConfiDry diapers have made this past year have in no way reduced the reliability of the prduduct. I very rarely experience any leaks day or night. The only brand that I have found to be equally reliable is BetterDry.

I haven't been paying close enough attention to notice this change in the plastic backing, but the new batch of ConfiDry 24/7 diapers I ordered is just as reliable as other batches have been.

IzzyFox said:
I haven't been paying close enough attention to notice this change in the plastic backing, but the new batch of ConfiDry 24/7 diapers I ordered is just as reliable as other batches have been.

Yeah honestly the only reason I probably noticed is because I order diapers so rarely. Only about once per year-ish.

I still use them, but they have changed in quality and not for the better
probably a cost cutting measure
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back