Boosters for Extra Absorbency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykedanappies

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm sure someone has used boosters in their nappies for extra absorbency. Do they work and which ones work better than others?

I've tried a variety of different boosters and the one I like best is by Tena called Serenity Overnight pads. They are fairly thick to start with and hold an amazing amount for a pad. I usually remove the the plastic cover to reveal the sticky side then poke holes thru with a pin so it allows the moisture to wick thru to the diaper really adding to the capacity.

Baby diapers make the best boosters, IMHO, I like LUVs 6 as they strip down easily and hold a ton of wee.

I also use the Lille Classic Maxi, as a booster and spreader. They seem to be mostly pulp and no / little SAP so they are not that absorbent, but as Tiny mentions they wick very well. They are wide and thin and lie flat inside the inner leakguards, so they don't have too much impact on solid-waste capacity, but they cover up most of the liner with a possible negative impact on absorption rate. Girls and women who flood might find the edges of the nappy getting worryingly wet as the booster diverts it there from the middle. There is also a tendency to crease and ruck up if you are very active.

For fun and long, restful nights I put a 2XL booster in my ABU Simple / Betterdry. The thickness and softness are delightful and the absorbency of the combo is fantastic, but they are too bulky for wearing out and about.

I wear northshore supreme lites with their medium size booster and with the booster I can go quite awhile before having to change. I have tried booster through tranquilty but they didn't seem to work well for me but the northshore ones see to do a good job

Just tossing in the alternate view - I prefer a thicker diaper rather than a boosted one. They work more reliably / less prone to leaks or other problems. GOOD boosters can easily make a decent diaper cost more than a premium anyway.

Ilike the terrycloth boosterin my diaper, it is soft and very absorbent..

I don't have any choice, only a band in my home. But I feel better when used booster.

I got Molicare's boosters in a 3 for 2 deal at a big pharmacy chain here. They hold a lot, but the right placement took a while to perfect!
Also got a reusable one off the net which works fine but I don't like washing it so it hasn't been used more than a couple of times...

Bambino's Total Dry Ultimate inserts are my favorite along with Goodnites Trufits inserts. ABU's Powerups are pretty good as well.

The Goodnites inserts would probably be the cheapest you can find and they swell like crazy. They hold a lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bambinod said:
Just tossing in the alternate view - I prefer a thicker diaper rather than a boosted one. They work more reliably / less prone to leaks or other problems. GOOD boosters can easily make a decent diaper cost more than a premium anyway.

This is also what I've found to be true. If you're always (or often) using a booster then seriously consider the combined cost of the diaper and the booster. Now take a look at a better diaper and see if that cost is actually less than your "cheaper" diaper plus booster. Often enough it will be, and by going with the better diaper you will have a much better capacity and trustworthy diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back