? For the guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeymajor

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Those guys who ware cloth what do u us on ur friends down under when they get itchy and sore from use

I use baby powder with menthol in it to start. If it turns out that it is an infection, like yeast I will use an anti-fungal cream like lotrimin.

I like A & D ointment. For me, it works much better and quicker than, say, Desitin.

I always use power it's just red and irritated

Does this ointment help healing if an exiting rash? Like can I apply before I wear my diaper or should I use the ointment with a diaper and give it time? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
RedStripeLvr said:
I like A & D ointment. For me, it works much better and quicker than, say, Desitin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cloth or disposables, it's important to use 4 different approaches to maintain health skin.

First, always spend time airing out. I find laying on my bed under a ceiling fan works the best and is the fastest approach in just 2-4 minutes. Whereas sitting on a toilet can take 30-60 minutes to get the same dryness.

Second, "diaper cream" is a cream that you rub into clean skin and it gets fully absorbed by the skin. This will help heal any skin that is already irritated or with a rash. A common one is Desitin creamy, though I prefer a prescription called "triple diaper cream" (not the over the counter triple diaper paste)

Third "diaper ointment" is applied on top of the skin to create a protective barrier and help prevent irritation from developing. Pretty much any OTC ointment like desitin or a&d will work. Just make sure it has zinc in it.

Fourth, powder is used to help dry the skin. This is best used after you dry out, and normally is not used when you have or want to apply ointment, as the powder tends to mix with it and clog up the diaper.

I always put powder in my diaper to help prevent rash. But if it does happen, I use diaper rash cream on the sensitive areas.

Your friends need time out of a diaper to hang in the breeze. When this happens to me, I try to let them hang in the breeze so to speak. Also, I switch to a different/bigger diaper that allows more movement and air circulation (cloth-backed).

Keep clean and well shaven. I have used cloth for years...no issue.Make sure your diapers are washed properly with baby fresh dreft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back