Changes in Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe challenging to you guys is not having a clue where anything is, but just because you know where a dungeon is doesn't mean you know everything that is in a dungeon.

you still have puzzles to solve, enemies to kill, items to locate, etc; all to finish quests, level up, and complete the full dungeon before you move on.

Keep on playing games that tell you absolutely nothing, I play games to have fun, not to feel like I'm working hard; real life is already full enough of working hard and paying Bills as is.

BabyTyrant said:
Maybe challenging to you guys is not having a clue where anything is, but just because you know where a dungeon is doesn't mean you know everything that is in a dungeon.
Unlike you. We don't want to finish the game in 300 hours. When Lotro first came out in 2007 they never had the icon locators the only part of the map that was revealed to you was what you have already explored it. The only real hints were when you read the quest and you get was a general location of the quest. Now it full of carebear mode and the whole map revealed. Full of auto locators. I stop playing Lotro in 2013 and Started playing Elite Dangerous.

So the question comes. Is clicking on a mission and not reading it and follow the quest locator really a challenge? NO.

you still have puzzles to solve, enemies to kill, items to locate, etc; all to finish quests, level up, and complete the full dungeon before you move on.

Keep on playing games that tell you absolutely nothing, I play games to have fun, not to feel like I'm working hard; real life is already full enough of working hard and paying Bills as is.
You know you keep going that tells you nothing. Maybe you should read the missions instead of relying on the map locator. Because the mission will tell you a lot about where you need to go and what required.

For me, it's how everything is going online now. I hate that and do not care for competative or fast play. I especially will not play Diablo 3, as you have to be online to even launch the game and play their single player story mode.

Slomo said:
For me, it's how everything is going online now. I hate that and do not care for competative or fast play. I especially will not play Diablo 3, as you have to be online to even launch the game and play their single player story mode.

A lot of games are doing that now. That Elite Dangerous because Open, Private and Solo mode run on the same server and each player affect the galaxy You have to be online to play it.

Slomo said:

Absolutely agreed. 1000% agreed. I feel like I don't actually own many of the games that I've bought over the past five years. I'm still a stickler for hard copies, and won't buy any online downloads. I want my hard copies, I want my game. But even a physical copy doesn't seem to mean you actually own it if you can't play it without being online...even if it's not an online or multiplayer game! I dislike like it so much.

Llayden said:
Absolutely agreed. 1000% agreed. I feel like I don't actually own many of the games that I've bought over the past five years. I'm still a stickler for hard copies, and won't buy any online downloads. I want my hard copies, I want my game. But even a physical copy doesn't seem to mean you actually own it if you can't play it without being online...even if it's not an online or multiplayer game! I dislike like it so much.

Exactly! I mean I get a multiplayer game needs to be online because of shared resources and events, but a solo game simply doesn't. There's just no valid reasoning for it either. Even the anti-piracy excuse is no good. It only takes one time at install to verify if a game is legal or not. And that can even be done over the phone. So no, needing to be online for solo gaming is just bs.

I've also seen plenty of cases where you can't have an actual hard copy install disk and 10-15-20 years later, the install download and support for the game is taken down. Meaning you effectively no longer own the game. Or when the game is still supported, but your internet goes down and you still want to play solo. But sorry, you're locked out of the game and can't play it. Meaning once again you (temporarily) don't own it. Nope, I own what I buy and I'll be the one to say when I can or cannot play it. Even 30+ years after it's release.

This is for Lestat, sorry buddy but i cant pm as im still to new for the site but here is a whole paragraph i had written and got upset when i found i couldnt send it :(

i know, been a gamer since i was 4 back when the snes was the defacto console, The early days of 3d man, kids these days got it easy. they are ruining current mmos because all they want are free passes for loot so they can feel as big as the big boys but they have no idea how to actually play and end up shitting up raids and complaining constantly about trivial shit so the developers make it easy for them. I cant even stomach WoW anymore man, it sucks. I love that game but i guess i'll just have to stick to overwatch and let my skill do the talking. Sorry for the rant, i really do hate what games are turning into though but its too late there is no turning back.

Well, I came from Pac Man and Pong and the first 3D game Elite. 1984 First Console I had was Atari. Ya people have it easy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back