Diapers and hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaddlingDad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I’m going on a business trip in a few weeks. I’ve brought diapers with me in the past so that I can sleep I them. It’s really the only chance I get. But I was wondering how others handle their used diapers at a hotel especially ones with prints. Do you just throw them in the trash bin in the bathroom? Knowing that the housekeeping staff has to clean the room I feel odd that they will see my used babyish looking diapers in the garbage. I know these people don’t know me and I don’t know them but I’m still concerned. I’ve thought about bringing my own bags with me to put them in so it wasn’t so obvious. I’d be interested in what others do with their dirty diapers while traveling and staying in a hotel.

I throw mine in the trash. It's a trash bin and pads go in there too and tampons and baby diapers. If I fill up the bins, I just use plastic bags for trash and leave them by the trash bin.

I just use the trash cans provided. The staff has seen them before and many other interesting things. Don't worry about it and enjoy your diaper time!

I agree with above. Just get them into a can/bag and everything will be fine.

I just throw mine away but if we are sharing a room with other people like family and friends i would wrap the diaper in like toilet paper or throw something over the diaper in the trash can so when someone threw something else in it you couldnt see my baby print diaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bring extra kitchen trash bags with me and tie mine up in one before putting it in the room trash can. Never been a problem.

I also bring small trash bags for disposal. I either toss them in the tiny can in the room or in one of the larger ones elsewhere in the hotel. It's pretty easy to manage.

I think when I go on a trip again I'll probably bring some bags, just because most of the places I've stayed in have very thin trash can liners and I'm always concerned that they'll tear open on the poor housekeeping staff. D:

I take the grocery bags we get when we are grocery shopping. I will take the used soiled diaper off place it in the bag and put a fresh one on then I take the bag down to the vending area they usually have a large trash can there or by the elevator there usually is a trash can there and plop in it goes not to be seen again. I never put them in the tiny trash cans they give you since one and the dang can is full! UGH! So out of respect for the housekeeper dispose of your soiled diapers in the large trash cans in the hallways. Moreover I never will leave a thing in the trash cans in the room I help the housekeepers do their job. I empty the trash cans I take off the sheets and ball up the towels and other linens and leave them on the floor for them. Also I do try to set the housekeepers up for a quick job and on to the next room.

Whenever I go to Midwest FurFest, I request the hotel provide a diaper disposal bin or bag. They're always more than happy to do so.

If I am staying more than one night I actually look to see if they have a garbage shoot on the floor I am staying on and dispose of them myself (along with the recyclable beer bottles.)

When checking out though I have just left a last diaper in a disposal bag in the bin.

Diaper disposal bags are very handy :)

The last few places I have stayed. I put them in a bag and toss them in the dumpster outside on my way out.

Put it in a diaper disposal bag, tie it up and put it in (or next to) the bin in the bathroom.

xpluswearer said:
I take the grocery bags we get when we are grocery shopping. I will take the used soiled diaper off place it in the bag and put a fresh one on then I take the bag down to the vending area they usually have a large trash can there or by the elevator there usually is a trash can there and plop in it goes not to be seen again. I never put them in the tiny trash cans they give you since one and the dang can is full! UGH! So out of respect for the housekeeper dispose of your soiled diapers in the large trash cans in the hallways. Moreover I never will leave a thing in the trash cans in the room I help the housekeepers do their job. I empty the trash cans I take off the sheets and ball up the towels and other linens and leave them on the floor for them. Also I do try to set the housekeepers up for a quick job and on to the next room.

Exactly this. I have traveled extensively and stayed in more hotels around the world than I can count. I have never left a diaper--particularly a used one--out for someone else to deal with. Get some bags and drop them in a large can outside the room where the diaper won't be noticed. Be considerate to the people who work hard to make you comfortable and don't shove your fetish/hobby in someone else's face.

NOTE: If you're genuinely incontinent and are unable to easily remove a diaper from the room, that's a different story.

-RMS

I also stay in hotels regularly and never have any issues. I don't wear AB designs, only medical or plain white nappies, so I'm not embarrassed by anyone seeing them. But I always wrap and seal them well in disposal bags anyway so unless they were ripped open you wouldn't see what kind of nappies they are. I leave them with the room trash - I think that's better than putting them in public areas. Room staff are used to taking out childrens' nappies and would handle ours in the same way. To make messes easier to deal with, I put a disposable liner in the seat of the nappy so that 95%+ of the mess gets lifted out with the liner and flushed away leaving very little, if any, in the nappy itself. This is then double-bagged in a heavyweight ziploc and a genuine scented disposal sack as a minimum. Even when I've had a really dirty one, what the staff have to collect from the room is odourless and hygienic. I make sure to leave the room neat so that they have the minimum tidying up to do, and form a favourable impression of my standards of hygiene.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I'll try to report back after my trip and let you know how it went.

I don’t have any problem just tossing them in the bins in the room with the other trash but my wife prefers that I wrap them in a plastic grocery bag first. She also does that with our son’s diapers.

I've practically lived in hotels for the last 5 years. I bag my used diapers in grocery bags and if it is wet only, I toss them in a large trash can in the hallway. If it is messy, I will toss it in a can, or preferably a dumpster, outside the hotel away from the main entrance (just in case it may stink).

I travel for work frequently. A lot of times I room with coworkers which makes things especially challenging (I wear diapers 24/7 on and off but always wear to bed.) . If I have a room to myself I just use the trashcans provided. I will usually opt out of getting the room cleaned until the day I leave. When it gets cleaned I'll tie the bags myself to make it easy for them. If I'm staying with co workers or if you want to be more discreet is find the convention center bathrooms after hours or the lobby bathroom. They usually are not occupied and makes for an easy change and a discreet disposal process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back