Anyone else experiencing this? (ID slip plus lowered quality?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTheDL1998

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so. I bought a bunch of ID slip plus diapers because that's what I usually wear. But lately, they felt a bit worse in general. Both wearing, clumping, and leaking? It's not like it goes out of the sides. But sometimes, pee goes straight through the front of it. Just a few drops, but when wearing clothes out on the diaper, and wearing in public, etc, that's still an issue.
I don't recall this happening 4 months ago or so. So I think they lowered their quality or something? Anyone else experiencing this?

Have a nice day. :)
Best regards.
-Edward.

Totally agree! They lowered the quality!

Not too sure on I’d slips but sadly it’s a common theme these days on medical diapers. Tena slip maxi used to be one of my favourites but earlier this year I recieved my last order as 2/3rds of them are of new style which are utter rubbish like you said they leaked through cover the fit was terrible a lot of the elastic had been removed the tapes wouldnt hold etc I was shocked they could go backwards so quickly. They responded to my complaints offering to send a bunch of flex briefs. It was nice of them to try but they are the most bizarrely fitting uncomfortable thing I’ve ever tried to wear so sadly I had to completely drop that company all together. Abena are much the same. Last time I tried ID I wasn’t overly impressed but value for money wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volvo1 said:
Totally agree! They lowered the quality!

It's sad. It was my regular diaper, but I think I will have to find a new one... :/
The ID slip maxis are good, but not as cheap. Heh'...

- - - Updated - - -

Biggles said:
Not too sure on I’d slips but sadly it’s a common theme these days on medical diapers. Tena slip maxi used to be one of my favourites but earlier this year I recieved my last order as 2/3rds of them are of new style which are utter rubbish like you said they leaked through cover the fit was terrible a lot of the elastic had been removed the tapes wouldnt hold etc I was shocked they could go backwards so quickly. They responded to my complaints offering to send a bunch of flex briefs. It was nice of them to try but they are the most bizarrely fitting uncomfortable thing I’ve ever tried to wear so sadly I had to completely drop that company all together. Abena are much the same. Last time I tried ID I wasn’t overly impressed but value for money wasn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think- Actually, I am pretty confident the quality is lowered to save money, and get a higher income. That sucks though. I mean, if you can't depend on depends, nor diapers, then what exactly do you do? (Get it, cause depends are bad... xD)

ID has value-money, or... Had. :(

I hope there will be a solution.

Best regards.
-Edward.

I stopped wearing iD on a regular basis just before the Super (green) went from all-plastic to hybrid. That was after a couple of packs had defects that could have let me down badly, e.g. pinholes and suspect tapes. They had been a good value nappy and I did like the Extra Plus hybrids for summer wear. I was in those for most of summer 2017 and they performed well for the purpose, as they were cheap enough to change every few hours if I wanted. I would consider looking at iD again in the future. It's possible they are having QC issues with a new manufacturer or after retooling, and will get on top of them.

Paxe said:
I stopped wearing iD on a regular basis just before the Super (green) went from all-plastic to hybrid. That was after a couple of packs had defects that could have let me down badly, e.g. pinholes and suspect tapes. They had been a good value nappy and I did like the Extra Plus hybrids for summer wear. I was in those for most of summer 2017 and they performed well for the purpose, as they were cheap enough to change every few hours if I wanted. I would consider looking at iD again in the future. It's possible they are having QC issues with a new manufacturer or after retooling, and will get on top of them.

Yup, it seems that you get the jizzle. I surely hope they will return to their old standards soon... If not, I will have to find a substitute. What can you reccomed? :)

Have a nice day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

My general purpose daytime choice is now the Tena Slip Active Fit (plastic backed), either Maxi or Ultima. I do sometimes wonder whether to try some of the other medical brands, that are probably better value overall, but the Tenas fit and work well for me. I used to wear Tena Slips before the shakeup when the core 'Slip' product moved away from plastic backing, and they were great nappies, so I have a bit of brand loyalty too. I can't be bothered with lower absorbency unless I want a trim fit for comfort in the summer. I prefer a thick nappy with a full cut plastic backing, I don't mind if it's a bit bulky, as they get heavy use for both wets and messes. I found the best of the iDs used to just hit the spot at reasonable cost.

Paxe said:
My general purpose daytime choice is now the Tena Slip Active Fit (plastic backed), either Maxi or Ultima. I do sometimes wonder whether to try some of the other medical brands, that are probably better value overall, but the Tenas fit and work well for me. I used to wear Tena Slips before the shakeup when the core 'Slip' product moved away from plastic backing, and they were great nappies, so I have a bit of brand loyalty too. I can't be bothered with lower absorbency unless I want a trim fit for comfort in the summer. I prefer a thick nappy with a full cut plastic backing, I don't mind if it's a bit bulky, as they get heavy use for both wets and messes. I found the best of the iDs used to just hit the spot at reasonable cost.

Whilst I love Tena slip active fit, I think they are very expensive, not to mention crinkly. And I think that would expose me when I'm at my school, so I don't think that's an option for me, sadly.

But I value your input.

Best regards.
-Edward.

It's sooo sad companies keep doing this. Yeah they start out with good diapers, at a good cost. Inflation creeps around, and instead of raising the cost to match, these companies start cutting corners. They reason nobody will notice or care, but we obviously do. Every. Single. Time.

As such we switch to a better brand, and that company starts making less income so what do they do? They cheapen their diapers up even more in an attemp to compensate for the lost revinue. Except of course that ticks off even more people who drop them as well.

Sorry manufacturers, but diapers are one thing you just can't cheapen up. If you do, we will notice. And you will eventually loose out. So charge what you need to in order to stay in the black. Yeah inflation sucks, we hate it too. At least we get it though, and understand prices go up. Hopefully you understand it now too.

Ps, I'm talking to you Thrust Vector (Betterdry/Crinklz). I've noticed you recently reduced the SAP quantity, and I've already let Northshore know I'm not happy and put a hold/delay in my next automatic reorder. Fix it, or you will loose the first of many customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back