Why is wearing diapers considered to be socially unacceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two out of many reasons.

1. They think is sick that you like to sit in your own urine/#2. (AB)

2. You are sexually attracted to babies. (DL)

Both which in the majority are not true. Well, that's how it is for me. I'm not attracted to pee, poo or children.

Uggu said:
I have two out of many reasons.

1. They think is sick that you like to sit in your own urine/#2. (AB)

2. You are sexually attracted to babies. (DL)

Both which in the majority are not true. Well, that's how it is for me. I'm not attracted to pee, poo or children.

Any individual who would think that by default, are truly delusional, and they should see a psychiatrist for that... Jumping to such conclusions is a little... Hasty? Overcompensating? Any of those, really. That is just my opinion though.

-And I agree. I am not attracted to such things either, only the safe feeling.

Some people don't understand and for those who have to wear diapers for medical reasons I feel for them and it's not their fault. I think people of all genders and lifestyles should be treated equally.

jfb669 said:
Some people don't understand and for those who have to wear diapers for medical reasons I feel for them and it's not their fault. I think people of all genders and lifestyles should be treated equally.

That is so right! I agree with your post. I don't exactly know if I fit into medical reasons since I just have an overactive bladder. (Not that it's in any way causing leakage, or is confirmed by a doctor.) But anyhow, the diapers help me. And I don't personally think that is something I should be bantered for.
-Acceptance to all people! :)

-Edward.

- - - Updated - - -

12srepaid said:
Because I'm a dl, I only wear diapers at home, mostly at night time. As for someone wearing in public, it would only bother me if an adult was showing off on purpose.

And that is fair. I would never publicly flaunt my diaper to anyone, although I do wear in public close to 24/7.
This is not only because of DL'ism, but also because of a semi overactive bladder, so it is also for a safety precaution for me.

jfb669 said:
Hi alwayz I do agree with you 110%. I feel very secure when I wear diapers and I also get aroused by the feeling of them. Wearing diapers is also a great way to relieve stress too. I hope to make some new diapers friends on here.

I would like to be your friend. :)
-Edward.

Most people understand when Adults require diapers for medical reasons whether its for a physical reason or emotional, I have been wearing 24/7 for 4 years and have never had an issue or any one respond negatively if if they notice my diaper.

If some one notices just say its a medical need and leave it at that (emotional and stress needs) are just as valid of a reason as an OAB.

I agree. If I wear underwear I cannot control wetting. I have tried all the usual attempts to avoid likely embarrassment. To that end I have to wear something that works for me, unfortunately for me it is a diaper.

Rob110 said:
Most people understand when Adults require diapers for medical reasons whether it's for a physical reason or emotional, I have been wearing 24/7 for 4 years and have never had an issue or anyone respond negatively if they notice my diaper.

If someone notices just say its a medical need and leave it at that (emotional and stress needs) are just as valid of a reason as an OAB.

I haven't really had any reactions, I think. I do think someone bumped into me and giggled a bit afterwards, but I don't know if that was because I was wearing a diaper, it because of something her friend yelled to her from the other side of the room. I guess I will never know, maybe.

Anyhow.Thank you for your response. It is much appreciated.

-Edward.

I would like that too

Society thinks of diaper wearing that of Babies and the old aged population and handicapped. Society does not know what they want or believe. Whats good one day can be bad the next . just look at the hysteria over what to eat and lifestyles.

xpluswearer said:
Society thinks of diaper wearing that of Babies and the old aged population and handicapped. Society does not know what they want or believe. Whats good one day can be bad the next . just look at the hysteria over what to eat and lifestyles.

That's because most people who wear diapers are babies, and people with some form of handicap, especially among those with a developmental disability. Most of the elderly who have a mechanical fault, will opt for a pull-on brief, which in my opinion, is not a true diaper. Anything with tabs will cause people to assume a cognitive issue exists, and would not expect a normal functioning adult to be wearing them.

I think it stems from 3 main factors:

1. Nearly nobody likes the smell of poop, you could argue it is our olfactory sense interpreting that smell and identifying it as bad but it is effective in deterring people from wanting to be near it. Even changing small babies that are messy can be an unpleasant chore and most parents/caregivers won’t hesitate but yes they will often grimace.

After 2-3 years of ever changing smells, frequency, consistency, increasing child size/weight and dealing with blow outs most parents/caregivers are tired of it and that sense pervades society.

2. Part of the getting children out of diapers strategy by lots of parents/caregivers is to belittle wearing diapers. It can be an effective strategy for sure and most kids will take on what their parents say and believe it as gospel.

Sure kids can be cruel but really it’s just peer dominance and asserting themselves, coupled with belief that diapers are not appropriate lots of kids out of diapers will believe they have achieved a dominant act and kids still dependent may feel shame... That doesn’t go away as people get older, it often becomes an unconscious core belief.

3. Dealing with infirmity is not something easily done. I am not saying people don’t have compassion but it does take a very very special person to be a caregiver to someone that isn’t a baby.

Sad to say that most of us recoil from what we consider sickness/infirmity it challenges our own sense of mortality, for younger adults it’s even worse with those selfish hormones running rampant lol.

I do think as a society we are slowly changing (lol the pun), part of it from greater understanding diaper wearers are not necessarily disease spreaders and part of it ABDL not fully in the shadows.

Putting it altogether it reminds me of people’s belief in Santa when they are young and then the manic belief they need to pass that belief onto the next generation when they are older.

I posted quite a wall of text about diaper embarassment and it´s origins.
In short - because wearing diapers as an adult has the subconscious impression of having failed. That´s why people are driven away from it in general.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
I posted quite a wall of text about diaper embarassment and it´s origins.
In short - because wearing diapers as an adult has the subconscious impression of having failed. That´s why people are driven away from it in general.

Cheers

I read through the wall, and you are definitely getting into some points. I still think it's sad people can't be accepted for what they wear... :/

I hope you are having a good day.
Best regards.
-Edward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back