question on wearing 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramennoodles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! So I've been thinking about wearing 24/7 (so much so that I I've gotten myself a therapist and we are discussing the situation if I were to go 24/7). She has asked me to think about some things which I have. I'm just curious on for those who do wear 24/7 what are some of the issues that has sprung up? How did you deal with them? The reason I've been wanting to do this is because I may have body integrity dysphoria, but we still going through the steps to figure that out.

ramennoodles said:
Hello all! So I've been thinking about wearing 24/7 (so much so that I I've gotten myself a therapist and we are discussing the situation if I were to go 24/7). She has asked me to think about some things which I have. I'm just curious on for those who do wear 24/7 what are some of the issues that has sprung up? How did you deal with them? The reason I've been wanting to do this is because I may have body integrity dysphoria, but we still going through the steps to figure that out.

What is body integrity dysphoria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I know it's a dysphoria where you feel like something with your body should not function in the way it currently does. It's most common with people who want to be amputees or some other disability. Mine in this case would be incontinence. I know that for those who are actually incontinent they would wish to not be. And question why would anyone ever want to be this way. And for some of the people who want to be incontinent it's more of a fantasy. I don't know if what I feel is a fantasy or an actual disorder. But from my feelings if get when talking about incontinence or hearing it in passing is very overwhelming. I get this anxiety and dread within me that something isn't right about myself. Hence why I am seeking professional help with this. We are exploring wearing 24/7 as a treatment to these feelings I get.

I wear 24/7 for much of the time - work scenarios sometimes make it impratical - and it's great. I don't really experience any problems as such, although there are costs:
Money: Somewhere between $5-10 per day
Time: Perhaps 30 mins. Not just changes, but ordering, stocking, packing, unpacking nappies, washing waterproof pants etc.
Freedom: This is what you make it. There are times when I can't do something because I'm wearing, but with practice these can be minimised if one is prepared to break the 24/7 routine on demand. I would find sticking to true 24/7 every day of the year, to simulate being IC, almost unworkable.
Relationships: Not every potential partner will be accepting of you as a 24/7 wearer. Whether you would risk losing the opportunity of a fantastic relationship, for the comfort and convenience of wearing a nappy, on paper looks like a no-brainer but in reality it's hard, especially if driven by an underlying desire to be IC.

Good luck with whatever you decide to try. I wouldn't be without my cosy, comfy, personal wearable toilet!

I’m bowel incontinent with increasing bladder issues, so I wear 24/7 it’s not something I’d recommend, there’s a difference between just wearing 24/7 and literally having no control. There’s issues like constantly having to buy more adult diapers, having to always pack diapers and wipes and perfume and etc with you for when you have accidents.

There’s issues like when I’m on a bus if I mess or wet myself I have to sit in it till I get to the place I need to go which can get quite unpleasant smelling and some people can get angry.

There’s the issue of finding places to change in public I usually use disabled toilets but then I worry that people won’t think I’m disabled and will get angry with me.

There’s the issue of not being able to wear tight clothes and constantly worrying people will notice and just the general embarrassment that happens when you mess yourself.

If I could give someone my incontinence I would I’d love to be able to actually make it to the toilet.

Ihatecrohns said:
I’m bowel incontinent with increasing bladder issues, so I wear 24/7 it’s not something I’d recommend, there’s a difference between just wearing 24/7 and literally having no control. There’s issues like constantly having to buy more adult diapers, having to always pack diapers and wipes and perfume and etc with you for when you have accidents.

There’s issues like when I’m on a bus if I mess or wet myself I have to sit in it till I get to the place I need to go which can get quite unpleasant smelling and some people can get angry.

There’s the issue of finding places to change in public I usually use disabled toilets but then I worry that people won’t think I’m disabled and will get angry with me.

There’s the issue of not being able to wear tight clothes and constantly worrying people will notice and just the general embarrassment that happens when you mess yourself.

If I could give someone my incontinence I would I’d love to be able to actually make it to the toilet.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. Bring only urinary IC, I can't imagine what a bowl would be like. Please have no bad conscience about using disabled toilets, as this is recognised officially as a disability. With my medical certificate I was able to get a Euro-key, which specify that it can be obtained for incontinence. Wishing you all the best!

Wearing 24/7 is pretty easy for me. I drive trucks for a living, meaning I usually have a private area to change in, whether it'd be in my truck, or a shower room at a truck stop. I usually stock up on wipes, powder, rash cream, along with the diapers. I also keep sacks that I put the used diapers in to dispose of.

Buy in bulk your supplies, especially diapers, wipes, and boosters. They'll cost significantly less. I go with adult sized wipes because they have more surface area than baby ones. You use less wipes.

Get onesies, even though you may not be AB, because onesies are a diaper's best friend. They help keep your diapers from peeking, eliminate sagging, if there's a tape issue with your diaper, onesies will help to keep it in place until you can fix or change it. They help keep the diaper on properly and may actually help the diaper be more functional.

Wearing at work depends on what you actually do, the work place itself, your privacy, and ect. May want to bring extra diapers with you along with supplies in a back pack or something.

Shave, or keep pubic hair minimal, it'll help significantly with odors and skin irritation. Hair tends to absorb liquids and odors, and these odors tend to linger despite cleaning.

Buy medicated baby powder, it usually helps to keep rashes at bay. Use powder with all of your diapers. It helps to keep your skin dry, reduces chafing, and helps you smell fresh. Most rashes that I've gotten come from excessive sweat.

The biggest concerns with wearing 24/7 is the privacy aspect like places to change, will people notice, and on and on. Most of these feelings could make you nervous, they are also mostly in your own head. I've been wearing 24/7, and I'm out in the public all the time and I haven't been confronted about it as of yet.

Another one of those concerns are long term effects. Some say they've become incontinent, but I believe that is more of a myth. I have yet to have incontinence issues. One thing is that you will eventually find yourself going more often. Your urges will become more frequent and more urgent. Your body will become more comfortable after time, but not in the sense that you can't control it. This is from my experience, your results may differ.

I recommend to drink more water than sugary drinks as they tend to be more odorous.

I think one thing I've noticed with myself is that I tend to hold #2 in longer than I should. Mostly because I don't want to mess. So possibly making a routine of changing around your body's schedule will help to keep you regular.

There really isn't much else to it. Just choose the diapers that work for you. Learn to not completely open the flood gates so your diaper has adequate time to absorb. You really don't want to consistently be in a used diaper for longer than 8 hours at a time. I know most people don't like to waste diapers when they're not completely used, but it's better on your skin and reduces the chance of rashes. I also recommend airing out once in a while. The rest will pretty much be trial and error.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ramennoodles said:

Been there, done that. I'm also somewhat certain my DL-ism is a mild form of BIID. I am recently fully functionaly urinary incontinent too, so I'll give you advice from an always dripping point of view.

99.9% of the time you will be perfectly fine wearing a thick diaper, and you will need to be wearing a diaper at all times. The "what if" and "notice" problems are all just in your head, or fear of being afraid. Seriously, people do not notice unless you make it obvious, and even then most don't care. Though do wear one pant size larger than normal to accomodate the bulk of the diaper, and do make sure to always wear black pants to hide any potential leaks. PUL pants over the diaper also help to catch leaks and help you notice them sooner, as well as muffling any diaper noise.

For at the gym, I will typically wear a disposable cloth diaper. They are thinner and don't last long, but with all that moving around and sweating you will want to change out of it when you're done anyways. Changing a diaper in an open locker room is also a non-issue, unless again you fear being afraid of doing that.

The beach is the only other public area you can openly go around in just your diaper (as I've had confirmed by beach cops). That is, as long as you remain confident and don't act all nervous about it.

You will need to be well practiced in changing in small toilet stalls as this will come up. Get good at it too, because the next challenge is changing in an airplane bathroom. Another important tip is when you take off an old diaper, lay it open on the floor. This will catch any drips while you're putting on the new diaper. Disposing is never a problem though, ugain unless you have those fears. Just roll the diaper up into itself, and take it in hand to the nearest waste bin.

For that other 0.01% of the time, you will need something else to catch those leaks. This is for like just before or after a shower, or when attempting to dry out (i find laying on the bed under a ceiling fan works best for that, and you will need to dry out frequently). For this I use a size 1 baby diaper with the tabs removed. Having these on hand has the added benefit for when I think I might need an extra booster too.

joelvc said:
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Bring only urinary IC, I can't imagine what a bowl would be like. Please have no bad conscience about using disabled toilets, as this is recognised officially as a disability. With my medical certificate I was able to get a Euro-key, which specify that it can be obtained for incontinence. Wishing you all the best!

Thank you and I’m sorry you have to go through this I’ve recebtly started having wetting issues as well due to my bladder shrinking from diaper use (I can’t take my tabs on and off so I have to wet them too)

Also to the OP another thing is people will notice, people will day they won’t but they will unless you significantly alter your wardrobe, I wear Abena M4 and as soon as they have any use the swell up and become obvious under and pants I wear, diapers also tend to come far up your back often times without even realising when you sit down you’ll be able to see the waistband and nobody says anything but you can definitely hear snickers from people especially younger ones.

I’m not trying to put you off but I just wanna get my opinion out.

Ihatecrohns said:
Thank you and I’m sorry you have to go through this I’ve recebtly started having wetting issues as well due to my bladder shrinking from diaper use (I can’t take my tabs on and off so I have to wet them too)

Also to the OP another thing is people will notice, people will day they won’t but they will unless you significantly alter your wardrobe, I wear Abena M4 and as soon as they have any use the swell up and become obvious under and pants I wear, diapers also tend to come far up your back often times without even realising when you sit down you’ll be able to see the waistband and nobody says anything but you can definitely hear snickers from people especially younger ones.

I appreciate any input I'm getting. From a wardrobe stand point I do have plans on wearing a new style to help conceal the diaper. I saw that metalman suggested getting a onesie which is something that I've noticed to be popular with keeping the diaper from sagging and not poking from my pants. Is that something you have tried as well in the past but hasn't worked?

ramennoodles said:
I appreciate any input I'm getting. From a wardrobe stand point I do have plans on wearing a new style to help conceal the diaper. I saw that metalman suggested getting a onesie which is something that I've noticed to be popular with keeping the diaper from sagging and not poking from my pants. Is that something you have tried as well in the past but hasn't worked?
I found being female and trying to find a decent onesie that didn’t limit my wardrobe was difficult. It sounds vain but I’m at the point where I don’t care if somebody sees I’m in a diaper I’ve actually got a lot of sympathy from people when they notice.

I just wear a tight pair of boxer briefs to hold them up, generally if I mess myself I’ll change as soon as I can find somewhere, for settings I won’t chabge till it’s uncomfortable but I’ve never had an issue with sagging.

My biggest problem with going 24/7 is that diaper wearing makes me lazy. There isn't exactly a lot of motivation for me to go out anywhere or do anything active when I have something so thick around my groin, so I end up wasting my day away, and I have to make plans with people to force myself to do stuff despite being diapered in order to really enjoy it. The longest I went (by myself) was 60 hours, and by that time I was getting rather bored.

Having a caregiver or others to play along with you is a different story, however.

Ihatecrohns said:

This is exactly why so many of us say to wear pants that are one size larger than you'd normally wear. A swollen diaper under tight pants is an obvious and dead give away.

It's also why so many of us recommend a onesie or extra long shirt. An untucked short length shirt is another ovious and dead give away. With the right wardrobe though, people really just don't notice.

I wear 24/7 and only wear cloth diapers and PUL diaper covers. I have urge incontinence and have had to wear diapers now. Cloth diapers are more economical after the initial purchase cost. Drawback is the frequent washing schedule. I have tried disposables and have not been satisfied with the tapes that cannot be repositioned. Als I feel much more comfortable wearing cloth rather than disposables, I move more comfortably in my cloth diaper.

What is the longest period you've worn continuously so far? I had trouble maintaining interest in long term wearing for years. A weekend was my limit for a long time. I'm sure being sexually motivated made that harder than it might have been otherwise. At a certain point, it became easier. I wasn't particularly trying but it wasn't so hard to maintain my interest over the longer term. I found that most problems arose fairly organically over time and I was able to manage most of them without having to stop when I wasn't ready.

My general suggestions: shave your diaper area and be comfortable having done so (that takes about a week in my experience). Get a change bag with a few diapers (if you wear different diapers for different circumstances, bring that variety), wipes, powder, lotion (if you use those), duct tape (for tape failures or tears), and bags for disposal are also nice. If you have a car, keep this bag in your trunk when it is not with you. Scout good locations to change in your daily life if you think that will be necessary. Expect that your diaper will be seen at some point and be prepared for that talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back