Really awkward moment tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandumFoxx

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I time my diaper purchases so the people I know at work will most likely be in the break room or on meal. On my second break, I purchased a case of Huggies Overnites. Innocent, right?

I come back from break to an elderly woman who works in apparel who asked. “I saw you buy diapers. How old is your baby?” I immediately went to my protective answer, which was I’m simply buying them for charity. Her reaction stuck in the back of my mind the rest of the evening. Her response was an “Oh” as if she were confused.

I’m thinking I shouldn’t be buying diapers where I work. People are becoming too suspicious.

RandumFoxx said:
I time my diaper purchases so the people I know at work will most likely be in the break room or on meal. On my second break, I purchased a case of Huggies Overnites. Innocent, right?

I come back from break to an elderly woman who works in apparel who asked. “I saw you buy diapers. How old is your baby?” I immediately went to my protective answer, which was I’m simply buying them for charity. Her reaction stuck in the back of my mind the rest of the evening. Her response was an “Oh” as if she were confused.

IÂ’m thinking I shouldnÂ’t be buying diapers where I work. People are becoming too suspicious.

Co Workers are the biggest snoops around and they cannot mind their own business. Yeah you should NOT buy them at your place of business unless you are getting such a big discount its a offer you cannot refuse. Also if you are using store loyality cards you are all ready pegged as they can look at your purchases and buying habits I say lesson learned.

Either not buy them there or actually buy some extra stuff to actually donate to like, I dunno, disaster relief agencies?

Then you could say "Hey, I get this stuff and donate it to *insert charity*." Then if they go snooping around asking, the charity can say "Oh, yes. RandummFox brings in things for the babies."

I don't think they'd actually say anything about what anyone donates, but it -would- give you an actual cover plus it would help people. :3

You could say they were for a friend that is having a baby. For the baby shower. But that excuse probably won’t work if you use it too often.

Yeah problem is when you know like 1 person in every department store in town (smaller cites). Or you run into people you know shopping. So there is still a risk of people finding out. For example I was in a supermarket the other day and looking at the baby section when someone I know walks up and starts talking to me. She didn't ask about why I was looking at baby stuff (thank goodness) but still like there's literally no escaping it. Had I picked up a pack of Huggies that would of been embarrassing. You can run but you can't hide as they say. You can run away to other stores to buy your nappies but ultimately it's still won't hide it from everyone.

just buy them online

Alexia said:
just buy them online

same. all the good diapers are only available online anyway.

I realize this isn't always an option for those on a tight budget, but it works for me.

bambinod said:
same. all the good diapers are only available online anyway.

I realize this isn't always an option for those on a tight budget, but it works for me.

I disagree. Better performing diapers need to be changed less often, and therefore cost less overall than store brand "cheap" diapers. Even with shipping added on. With a well planned and responsible budget, those better and truly less expensive diapers are easier to budget for, even though you have to buy more up front which means a bigger (but less often) hit to one's budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back