Build-A-Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWaddlingDad

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So I got this idea from a comment DloverUK made about 2 tapes on Tykables.

If you could combine different features from different diapers currently available to make one diaper, what would it be?

For me my ultimate diaper would be:
Print like current Pampers Baby Dry
Same plastic backing feel as Abena L4
Absorbency and thickness of Rearz Safari but with the multi channel core like Pampers.
Two tape design like SDK or Cushies
Velcro / Plastic hybrid like Tykables.
Stretchy sides like Bambino Magnifico.

I think someone needs to open up a “Build-A-Diaper" store.

All current Pampers. Huggies. Luvs, G.OON, Libero, and any other brand baby diapers currently in production as well as various vintage iterations of said diapers, but in adult sizes. Lol

I'd take a Crinklz and combine it with the absorbency Crinklz used to have.

AddyShadows said:
All current Pampers. Huggies. Luvs, G.OON, Libero, and any other brand baby diapers currently in production as well as various vintage iterations of said diapers, but in adult sizes. Lol

I'll second that.

I was thinking more along the lines of what may be possible but I like the way you think.

TheWalkingDad said:
I'll second that.

I was thinking more along the lines of what may be possible but I like the way you think.

Everything is possible. The only limiting factor are the people behind the creation of the product. Its not like their is some scientific reason behind why those products can't exist for adults. It is literally just the companies don't want to make them.

Personally I would like the softness of the old plastic backed molicares, the poofiness of a rearz, the swelling ratio of a pampers,the absorption of a rearz/peekabu, the fit of a pampers/old abena s4, thick durable plastic that is still smooth and not obtrusive and the finally designs of ; pampers, luvs, etc..

That would literally be the greatest diaper ever.

Love the idea behind this thread!

I would take the original SDK V1's with the interior upgrades of the SDK V2, the soft interior and the better, thicker SAP. I'd keep the corners of the padding squared, but I'd extend the absorbent material to within an inch of the tops of the front and back of the diaper. I guess then I'd have a scaled up version of the pampers baby dry from the late 90's! That's what I would build, but I guess If I could just get a scaled up version of the pampers baby dry from the 90's, that would be the ultimate! Scaled up in every way, including width, thickness of absorbent material, and bigger tapes. Only two big tapes and no waistbands, and that silky smooth plastic with the classic baby dry smell! What a dream that would be, like winning the lottery!

RG

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried a large number of ABDL diapers, nor seen the prints on any baby diapers in quite a while, but from my limited experience, I'd like the thick plastic padding and elastic waistband of a BetterDry, with the cute animal landing zone of a PeekABU, but maybe in pastel colours and babied down even more. I really like the white diaper with the coloured landing zone, because that's what Crinklz the white tiger wears (yeah, that's actually his name. I looked all the characters up on the Crinklz website. The tiger is Crinklz, the monkey is Max, the fox is Felix, the lion is Leah, and the bear is Theodore. They also apparently have a caretaker named Alma the eagle, who's never shown in print on the diapers, I guess they like alliteration, but when it came to the bear they threw in the towel and said, "screw it, we'll call him Teddy!")

Wuggle said:
I haven't tried a large number of ABDL diapers, nor seen the prints on any baby diapers in quite a while, but from my limited experience, I'd like the thick plastic padding and elastic waistband of a BetterDry, with the cute animal landing zone of a PeekABU, but maybe in pastel colours and babied down even more. I really like the white diaper with the coloured landing zone, because that's what Crinklz the white tiger wears (yeah, that's actually his name. I looked all the characters up on the Crinklz website. The tiger is Crinklz, the monkey is Max, the fox is Felix, the lion is Leah, and the bear is Theodore. They also apparently have a caretaker named Alma the eagle, who's never shown in print on the diapers, I guess they like alliteration, but when it came to the bear they threw in the towel and said, "screw it, we'll call him Teddy!")

Alma's on the back of the package. :3 I wondered if they had names.

I dunno what I would want. Maybe something with a cute/pretty pattern, like cherry blossoms or subtle star/moons.

RGordon45 said:
Love the idea behind this thread!

I would take the original SDK V1's with the interior upgrades of the SDK V2, the soft interior and the better, thicker SAP. I'd keep the corners of the padding squared, but I'd extend the absorbent material to within an inch of the tops of the front and back of the diaper. I guess then I'd have a scaled up version of the pampers baby dry from the late 90's! That's what I would build, but I guess If I could just get a scaled up version of the pampers baby dry from the 90's, that would be the ultimate! Scaled up in every way, including width, thickness of absorbent material, and bigger tapes. Only two big tapes and no waistbands, and that silky smooth plastic with the classic baby dry smell! What a dream that would be, like winning the lottery!

RG

Have you tried the most recent SDKs? They have put the padding up a lot closer to the waistband, it's way better. And they are using super soft plastic like you had on the original SDKs, IMO very authentic to real vintage diapers. This version of the SDKs is the best they have done, it's got the best of the old and new models. Though I too would love to see the squared shape again.

Turn-of-the-century animal-themed Pampers Baby-Dry, but with plastic backing.

DloverUK said:
Have you tried the most recent SDKs? They have put the padding up a lot closer to the waistband, it's way better. And they are using super soft plastic like you had on the original SDKs, IMO very authentic to real vintage diapers. This version of the SDKs is the best they have done, it's got the best of the old and new models. Though I too would love to see the squared shape again.
I have. SDK's are my favorites by a long shot! Look so much like the older baby diapers! What I like about the old SDK V1's is the smoothness of the plastic, the way the back goes up higher with more room in the bottom (both better for messes and more baby diaper like!), no elastic waistbands, and the soft blue in the backing (and as mentioned, the squared corners which makes them look so much more like a baby diaper!). So awesome! I use the new SDK for public because they fit me tighter, so they're easier to hide under pants, make less noise and are super absorbent and reliable leak wise. And I've never had a tape fail me on either version! Its weird though, in V1's im a large, but I'm a medium in V2's. I have big thighs compared to my waist, so 4 tapes never work for me, which is fine because I like the 2 tapes so much better. Just wish there was more selection of quality two tapes!

Sorry, that was a bit of a ramble! Thanks for the suggestion though!

RG

It would be nice to have a plastic/cloth hybrid diaper with 2 tapes with absorbant wings.

I’ve thought about this some before, but don’t know if I have my final answer. Here’s my quick thought response:

Silky smooth exterior plastic like the A+ (but maybe a little more durable)
Velcro tapes like the Tykables (one or two per side)
Stretchy sides like the Magnifico (except size it better than they did so the mediums actually fit people who wear mediums)
Soft padding like the carousels with performance like the ultras or safaris
Fit like the ultras or similar
Quality leak guards like the ABUs and others
Not too picky in print, fine with just white with blue tapes but don’t mind a design

And then something that doesn’t exist in any diaper yet, a moisture activated scent that is pleasant

tomviper000 said:
And then something that doesn’t exist in any diaper yet, a moisture activated scent that is pleasant

That is an interesting suggestion that I never thought of before but now think that it would be a super idea.

Instead of a wetness indicator that you have to see, you can tell if you get a scent of...bacon cooking or maybe popcorn popping or the scent of evergreen trees.

I would love Huggies Pull ups with the refastenable sides in adult sizes. Particularly the Cool and Learn model. I'd buy the heck out of that so fast!

Come on give us viable pull ups without the granny panty elastics PLEEEEEEASE.

BabyDenise said:
That is an interesting suggestion that I never thought of before but now think that it would be a super idea.

Instead of a wetness indicator that you have to see, you can tell if you get a scent of...bacon cooking or maybe popcorn popping or the scent of evergreen trees.

DO YOU SMELL BACON?

:laugh::lol:

Sorry, I have to explain why I find that so hilarious.

A friend of mine at my job will let out a really smelly fart and then loudly ask that. He usually gets at least a few people. His alternate is actually "DOES ANYBODY SMELL POPCORN?!"

(And I also have a funny one about evergreen scents...I worked on a bus for the board of DD and one of the clients had an accident in their pants. No biggie, happens all the time. Usually we just open a few windows and it would be fine. The driver on this route hated it so much that she brought in pine-scented air fresheners and taped them up under his seat. When he had another accident that leaked and required the maintenance guy to clean it (biohazard), he stepped on the bus and exclaimed "WHO THE HELL SHIT A CHRISTMAS TREE IN HERE?!")

Sorry for the thread jacking, but I thought someone might have a good giggle at that. :D

And I actually -do- like the idea, especially if you could get it as an option. Like, different scents. A floral print that smells like bacon would be kind of odd, but also kind of awesome. I would make pig-faced flowers just for that.

A pipe-dream idea I had was for a service to customize prints on padding. Like you could either pick from their 'stock' prints or upload your own and, upon approval, get them made just for you. XD I would be that it would sell like crazy but also be a massive logistical nightmare.

There is a diaper made now that has a moisture activated scent there from rearz and called lil monsters I have a bag and love them. When you first open the bag there is a small amount of scent not really all that noticeable tho unless you stick you nose in the bag but as you wet one the smell gets stronger. I so far love the design of them and the way the activated smell works. So far they seem to be the best at masking the smell of urine tho I haven't tried to deficate in them yet. I would assume as with any other diaper you would still stick to some extent

PampersBoy87 said:
When you first open the bag there is a small amount of scent not really all that noticeable

... until it hits you like a Mac Truck

maybe you got a more gentle batch than I did, but oh man, those have the strongest perfume of any diaper I've ever bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back