Status
Not open for further replies.

angelicprince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Hey all, So I was thinking that most of us might not be able to have an IRL nursery for our AB/DL play for whatever reason. That got me thinking, If you could have your own nursery, what would it be like? How would it be accessed? What things would you have in it?

For me, the mursery will be accessible by flipping a hidden switch behind a book case.

Inside the wills will be a nice baby blue with lots of cartoon characters painted on the walls. 3/4 of the room will be a nursery with a nice crib I can sleep in covered in plushies that are scaled up for an adult. In addition, there will be a mobile over the crib with stars and clouds. The room will also have an adult changing table fully stocked with everything needed to change a diaper (the diapers proudly displayed for anyone in there to see). There will be a high chair for feeding and a rocking chair for a bedtime story. My Nursery themed dungeon will have large blocks and a play castle with plenty of soft toys and some action figures. The carpet will be really soft, but water resistant in case of leaks or spills. There will be a table for coloring and plenty of crayons. Finally, there will be a closet rack that is full of soft onesies and footed pajamas.

The other 1/4 of the room will be partitioned off by a wall that looks real at a glance but can fold away to reveal paddles, an enema kit, a chair, and a sturdy table with a spot to handcuff to for spankings and discipline in case of naughty babies.

We're talking whatever we want, even if it doesn't exist or is outlandish, yes?

I don't want a nursery, I want a playroom. XD

The craziest one involves an indoor playground with swings, a slide and a teeter totter. Said teeter-totter comes equipped with a teddy bear that's got weights in his butt so I can play without having anyone over. :3 A big wall of toy cubbies so I can properly sort out and store my toys would also be awesome. <3 Built in bookshelves for my storybooks/movies and a big screen TV for watching cartoons. Also need to have big floofy floor pillows and some papasan chairs for curling up in.

I'd also like a sturdy multi-purpose table so I could use it for putting together puzzles, doing craft sets or even just coloring.

A big train table would also be good. I have so many wooden train sets that it would be crazy to have them all out together. A plushie 'zoo' so all of my soft friends could have a place of their own to hang out but still be able to come down and play tea parties or snuggle at the TV.

Somewhere along this line I want an adult sized toddler bed. With the little half/three-quarter rails.

Everything would be themed as a garden with lots of bees, some butterflies and flowers. Lots of pretty mobiles to hang up and move around in the air, too.

Something I would absolutely love to have, even if it had to be outside, is a 'rocket slide'. Specifically this. RocketSlideWaterlooIowa1974.jpg Believe me when I say that it's enormous. I used to play on one when I was a kid and it's actually quite large enough for an adult to go into and run around. I was small and my mom had to go up with me so I could go down the 'big slide', that would be the curved one coming out next to the shorter rocket.

Unfortunately they're not common to find and most places have scrapped them out. :( I need to find me a welder/fabricator with ambition. :D

Fun question :)

I think I'll answer one both truthfully, as in a nursery I could achieve and speculatively, a fantasy nursery like what Cuddlewoozle put forth with her wonderful Playroom idea :eek:

So, my truthful ideal nursery, the one I hope to have someday, pretty much filled with the essentials, a crib, a changing table lined with hundreds of primo AB diapers, a highchair, a rocking horse and rocking chair for Mommy to read me stories from and a big closet full of all my onesies and rompers. I would want tons of stuffies as well, maybe a toy chest for all my rattles and block toys and a baby gym at the centre of the room that I could play under. As far as bedding and decorative motifs, I would love for it to be Winnie the Pooh themed, have the walls painted pastel blue with maybe a single pastel yellow wall to accent things, have lots of Pooh Bear and Tigger and all the hundred acre woods gang decals on the walls, a Winnie the Pooh crib bumper and blanket, a Winnie the Pooh mobile as well :)

As far as extras, maybe an air freshener to keep things smelling nursery fresh, possibly a baby monitor in case I need anything in the night (I probably never would though as I'm a good baby :)) and I suppose a diaper pail as well, although I'd want that emptied out pretty regularly.

Oh, and a nice plush carpet as well, so I could crawl around and play without scuffing my knees on hardwood floors.

As far as my fantasy nursery goes... I think I would have it pretty much the same, just with a few extra accoutrements that I don't see myself being able to have. I would want an adult-sized bassinet for sure, as I regress pretty young sometimes. I would also want a bouncer in the doorway and an adult sized exerciser, or whatever those things are called. A giant pram would be nice too, even though I certainly wouldn't want to be pushed around outside in it, I think it would just be a nice thing to sit/lay in.

So there you have it, the ideal nursery I could very well have someday and a more imaginative, dream scenario nursery that'll likely never happen, unless of course someone knows where I could get an AB bouncer, exerciser and bassinet :)

I'd replace my full size bed for an adult sized crib, roll out a changing mat whenever I need changing, our all of my board games & toys under the crib, plushies around my bed, diapers will be stored in a drawer inside my crib.

I already have my shelves organized alphabetically and in this order: Blu-rays, DVDS, PS3, PS2, PS1, Switch, Wii U, Wii, Gamecube, N64, 3DS, DS, and VHS. My TV could be moved to another part of the room so I won't have the risk of knocking it down so easily (its right next to the door, so I have to be careful). I would also have a mobil on the ceiling. My closet would have onesies, footed sleepers, my work uniforms, a few dresses & skirts if I feel like doing that, and disposal bags for my dirty diapers. My drawer already has spare pacifiers and baby bottles if they need replacing.

That's what I would like my dream nursery to have.

I guess I would go for a Nursery/Playroom/Kids Room Hybrid as not sure I would want a full Nursery. Either a Crib or a Bed that you have to climb a ladder with space underneath it for stuff (had one when I was kid). Would need a area for nappies and stuff, a wardrobe with lots of cool kids clothes etc.

Now the essentials are out of the way, it would be Pokemon themed, bed sheets (which I already have), curtains, wall paint/paper, maybe carpet.

Toys for days, Lego mostly and anything else I fancy.

I would have my nursery in a spare room behind a locked door for when people come over that I don't want to know about this side of me.

The nursery itself would be pink with various pictures on the walls, including glow-in-the-dark stickers. The decorating theme would be My Little Pony or maybe Disney princesses. I'll decide when I see what is actually available for purchase. The nursery would contain the usual baby/toddler furniture and a toy box for my toys and shelves for my dolls and plushies. There would be a low table to play or draw on. One part of a wall would be a blackboard for drawing. The rug would be thick and soft for sitting or going barefoot. There would be a mobile for my crib. Of course there would also be CD’s, DVD’s and books, all of various Disney themes and a closet full of baby dresses and a dresser full of diapers and other clothing.

17ee85f2629e69e51603b1446a6c3f40.jpg

I've wanted this pastel pink Lion King nursery/playroom since forever! :eek:

As my little age is toddler, I would love a toddler bed. Like a normal bed but with side guards at one end to stop you falling out.
A nice big wardrobe with all my clothes in
I would have my nappies (diapers) in their packaging, if they are ABDL or actual baby nappies - because the packaging is so cute. If they were medical ones, I would take them out and put them in a drawer. I would probably keep my nappies out where I can see them, like next to my wardrobe.
A little table and chair with paper and crayons for colouring and drawing
A book corner with a comfy chair and cushions, maybe in a tent or tepee
Lots of toys. Play sets, dolls, role play kitchen, tunnel, maybe a small ball pit or slide. Just as many toys as possible lol
All my stuffies
A dressing up box

As for theme, maybe mermaids or rainbows :)

Some pics:
dreamroombed1.jpg dreamroombed2.jpg dreamroomarttable2.jpg dreamroombookcorner.jpg dreamroomdressup.jpg dreamroomtoys.jpg dreamroomslide.jpg dreamroomtunnel.jpg
dreamroomwardrobe.jpg

I'm such a scale fanatic, y'all. I can't even tell you how important everything being big enough to make me feel physically small is! Don't have it, yet, but, here's what I want mine to be. Natural elements, and organized. I maybe Little, but, I'm still a Virgo. I don't want licensed character motifs, because I want to be age fluid, and not be thinking what age the characters are meant for. Most of my childhood was in the '90s, but, apart from a very few ways, I don't think you could tell that by seeing my nursery and playroom. Guess there's a, "Things were even simpler before you were born," feeling?

Oh, for goodness sake, a clock on the wall that isn't digital! Telling time that way is a needed skill, people! I shall call him Mr. Clockman, so cute!image.jpg

No puzzle piece theme, I maybe Autie, but, I don't feel like being solved! :censored: you, very much, Autism $peaks!

Big, big, big stuffs, it's vewy, vewy impowtant! An', an, an' pink, an' pink, an' pink, an' pink, an' spawkles, an' spawkles, an' glittew, an' puwple, an' yellow! Wow! It so big! I tiny! Happy! Bubba know me good! I love oo! Fank oo, Bubba! Happy baby giwl! I jus' slide down staiws, feet fiwst, on my tummy, to get vewe, 'cause I a wocket! Zoom!

When I enter my nursery, and playroom, I want to sound like that, no trying, just instant, and I want to know that I'm seen, and known well enough, and loved enough, that this happened for me. Truthfully, I'd be ecstatic, but, eventually, I'd probably cry. So, yeah, big giant hugs, and, "I chose so well," loving looks.

Definitely 2 coordinating, but separate, areas, 1 to be loud, messy, and spontaneous, and 1 to be lulled. Cork floors, in both the nursery, and playroom, because it's soft, but not evil to wheelchair users, like carpet, because it doesn't make your wheels hard to push, and you can fall on it, and not get hurt.

I see the nursery as, "Let's calm you down. Let's read a book. Let's contemplate life. Let's fix it. Let's go nigh nigh."

It needs to be attached to the play area, but have its own door, or, as you'll see, set of doors.

For the playroom, y'know that light-colored, natural wooden furniture used a lot in preschools? Yes, please! A chair from that same wood. The chair dad built me when I was little looked like a Height Right, which fits adults as a regular chair, so, calm down, "You can't outgrow a height Right,"
image.jpg

and a Chairries,
image.jpeg

had a baby. I want this 1 to have a 3-point seat belt, and lilac cushions. I already have a TableMate 2. It tilts, or lies flat. Give me time. It shall look like birch!
image.jpg

On the wall, a 3 dimensional giant teddy, holding a bundle of translucent balloons, but, not real ones. It's wall art. Maybe a giant 3D doggie holding a pinwheel? A mobile, kind of like this, image.jpg but, just pink, purple, and yellow, with some white gemmies hanging down. Oh, I fear I shall die of cute! Gotta have gemmies, and sun catchers, somewhere!

Play-doh, and coloring stuff, and paints, and puzzles, especially wooden ones, and blocks, especially wooden, and soft, fuzzy ones, and musical toys, and pretending toys, and, "learn something," toys, and, "move something," toys. Hell no! It ain't physical or occupational therapy! Okay, it is. What can I say? Cerebral Palsy never leaves, and okay, there's a therapy ball or 3, but, as long as I'm not being tortured with it, it's so much fun! A beanbag chair, which also comes in purple. Great, how will I decide?
image.jpg
Fuzzy dice, and a big spinner, because the ones that come with board games are easy to lose. I'll be very selective about which of my toys have power. Not every toy needs to do for itself.

Enter through Dutch doors, oh, my gosh, cute!
image.jpgThe ceiling, in both the playroom, and nursery, is insanely high, and the floor is sunken, and it's huge! Natural light, not too, "busy."

For the nursery, oh, my gosh at the books in the reading cave! All the books are on display. It's really just sparkly white fabric, for that area, pillows! Lotsa pillows! This loveseat, for reading or cuddles. Isn't it precious!? image.jpegMaybe a string or 2 of lights, as long as they don't flash?image.jpg

In the, "Yes, it's only a problem. We'll fix it," area of the nursery, a fluff shelf for my cloth, with my own brand of adult cloth diapers, and cloth wipes, the Little bABy printed ones, and, yes, I want my own company. A, "fix it," mat. Tables are scary. A spot for a few Little outfits.

Bedding that zips, like a sleeping bag, 'cause, made beds are nice, unless I have to make them! Custom, I guess, since the mattress is round. And now, the nottacrib! I co-sleepy baby! It's a sphere! The sleep deck raises at the head and foot. It doesn't matter which is which, since it's round. A TV, and all my favorite shows from childhood. Yep, hanging on the wall in the sphere. A night sky might be fun, like The Great Hall! The door opens, you climb in, and it closes. It can rock us to sleep! Bars creep me right the hell out!

Huge plushies, each with an adult gummy type paci ribboned to one hand. Lose them? Not me! Plushies belong in either area. A bottle to meet my ideal! Big, big chime rattle, big, because it's inside an activity cube.

Back to the playroom again, toy net! Oh, oh my. Toy net! Just bigger, duh, white, and not yarn, but, I'm keeping the hearts. Guess what colors they are. image.jpg And toy box, wooden, with a metal latch Like the 1 I had when I was little! I'd choose a toys theme, instead of woodland creatures, and bigger, duh, but I like how this one is, "not too painted." image.jpg

Y'all know I'm a Potterhead, so, why not go full on Hogwarts in the nursery? Rest of my house, people. . . Rest of my house, well, some of it, anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Mmm, I was a '90s baby, so having that classic clash of primary colours, red, yellow, blue and green, would be important to make me feel little again. I love SweeTot's idea of scaling everything up to make it fit me as if I were a real baby. I had a square indoor trampoline with a handlebar that I loved when I was a kid, so I'd want something like that again. They make boring black grownup ones, but the one I had was blue and yellow, so I'd want that! I also had a little red plastic painting easel and poster paints that I'd finger paint with, and a super cute apron to keep my clothes clean, so I'd want one of those too!

I'd have a cabinet and changing table with all my diapers in it, and one of those giant beanbag sack things to keep all my stuffed animals in. I'd want a tea party set and cute little table and chairs in one corner, and a closet full of dressup clothes. I'd also love a sand table with lots of cars and trucks to play in, and lots and lots of play dough! There'd be a large rocking chair in another corner next to a large bookshelf of children's books, on which the books from my childhood would feature prominently. Such titles would include, "Owl Babies", "Rosie's Babies", "Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?", "Little Monster Did It", and "I'm Not Sleepy" by Colin and Jaqui Hawkins.

This is just a quick ms paint drawing.
temporary.jpg

Some Detail:
123.jpg 123.jpg 123.jpg 123.jpg 123.jpg

I'd love to have a room dedicated to little space, nothing over the top, but a changing table, some furniture and a place for my toys and a closet full of diapers would be awesome, I also would like to install a indoor slide next to the stairs, very practicable, to bad the girl friend isn't all for it, but I'm slowly winning her over with the idea, and the cat is def on my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back