Goodnites girls vs. boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have recently over heard a conversation at the store between two moms discussing goodnites and i heard the one say she buys the girls version for her son because the sides are stretchier. I was wondering if anyone can have the facts on both versions of goodnites. I am only asking because i have always wore goodnites but the new versions seem even smaller since like 5 years ago and I definitely haven’t changed in size since then and i was hoping what i over heard is true since the boys goodnites dont come up my butt all the way “i have a larger then normal but but always have when i wore goodnites for bedwetting”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always buy the girls version. Not just because I like the prints better. I originally bought the boys but since the extra absorbtion is lower down on the girls it makes it absorb better as that's where my little guy is pointed.

I have no idea if it is true about the sides being stretchier (although I live in Australia) but I am pretty sure last I checked they are exactly the same in build wise outside of absorbancy locations.

I buy the girls, the absorbancy is more spread out in them. In the boys the only absorbancy is really just in the front then the rest has pretty much little to no absorbancy, with the girls its most in the center and tapers off from there providing a better absorbancy. As for stretchiness I have noticed the girls are slightly more stretchy but then again I've not bought them in a while so.

I don't buy GoodNites often, but when I do, I usually buy the girls' ones. The action hero / military prints on the boys' GoodNites just don't say "baby" to me. Not that GoodNites are for babies, but... ya know.

Anyway, to the question of stretchiness: I have a hard time believing...
a) That there's any designed difference in stretchiness between boys' and girls' GoodNites (because...why?), or...
b) That any non-designed difference in stretchiness would be all that significant, or..
c) That any difference in stretchiness, if it existed, would actually matter to a child in the target age group. I mean heck, I've got a 36" waist and these things pull right on. They're snug, of course, but I'd complain about virtually every other aspect of them before I'd say that the sides weren't stretchy enough.

My guess is that, if some mom actually thinks that, it's because she got a bad batch of the boys' GoodNites once and is prone to jumping to conclusions.

Well said, Cottontail. There is variation between batches of them, so if you grab two you're likely to see some difference, be they two of the same gender or different genders. I'm skeptical that there's even a difference in the absorbent material between the two. Has anyone done a test by filling both types to saturation with water, then comparing the thicknesses along the length?

I've got to check this out, its been awhile since I got a pack of the girls version, I think last time I did was around 10 yrs ago, I think I'll grab a pack soon and see if there's a difference, that wouldn't be surprising to me since girls have larger hips, perhaps the sides could be a little more stretchier to accommodate this part of their anatomy. For the absorbency, its another thing that make sense and I will have to test, it make sense that they would have a more spread area.

The only difference I see between boy and girl Goodnites is that one of the absorbant layer (the one just below the first layer) is placed more in the middle for girls (which happens to be nice for boys too) while is more on the front for boys.
I think that any difference on how the sides stretch is pure chance, as there is no reason to have a difference. I am sure that sides for both girl and boy goodnites are made by the machines (only the color changes).

LITTLE girls don't have any wider hips than boys. That stuff starts happening when puberty hits, usually around 12 years old and at the top-out of the 'officially sanctioned' size range.

Just saying.

Thus there'd be no real need to make 'girls' goodnites have stretchier sides'. :\

I agree with you CuddleWoozle.
Just as there is no difference on the boy Goodnites to make room for for male parts. Only the design and the position of an absorption layer changes.

Well i went and bought a package of the girls goodnites and i have to say they are definitely way stretchier and they dont leak as easy as the boys version for at least me i think they might be longer also but havent put the ruler to it yet haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Badguy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back