Destiny 2, should I buy DLCs at 1/2 price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I can buy the 1st 2 expansions at half price (10 each instead of 20), but I don't know if I should, I mean I heard they add quite a bit, but not as much as they should and nothing is really game-changing.

If I do buy them I would hope they last quite a while (i would hope for a week of content each) and that there is some challenge (but hopefully nothing too crazy), when I got Destiny 1 up until The Taken King I liked pretty much everything, but especially the "Shield Brothers" bosses, I still have yet to see anything in Destiny 2 quite as good as The Taken King.

It really depends on how much you like the game and if you’re planning to buy new ones.
I also bought Destiny 2, played for 2 months, then bought also the Expansion Pass and never played again.

Well, I can either buy the 1st two for $10 (originally $40), or I can wait a little longer and get the 1st two, plus Forsaken for $40 or maybe less on eBay (i will wait for a good deal to come along on a sealed Forsaken bundle), the thing is if I buy the 1st two, I would probably level from 20-30 in a few days, max out my light level, and then get bored again.

So I'm leading with the 2nd option, it's not that I don't enjoy Destiny, it's that the only wow factor I would feel so far would be from the cap being increased to 50 and the light level being boosted to 600.

BabyTyrant said:
Well, I can either buy the 1st two for $10 (originally $40), or I can wait a little longer and get the 1st two, plus Forsaken for $40 or maybe less on eBay (i will wait for a good deal to come along on a sealed Forsaken bundle), the thing is if I buy the 1st two, I would probably level from 20-30 in a few days, max out my light level, and then get bored again.

So I'm leading with the 2nd option, it's not that I don't enjoy Destiny, it's that the only wow factor I would feel so far would be from the cap being increased to 50 and the light level being boosted to 600.
Like I already said, it really depends on how much you think you’re going to play Destiny 2. I threw away a lot of money in games that I then after a short time never played again.

personally it is not worth it if you are not a grinder. The game is geared so much to grinders you wont get to 600 unless you play 5/7 days every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back