The Dollar Shave Club of adult diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If the big companies won't make a descent adult diaper, it's up to individual entrepreneurs and there is a good sized market out there.

Sounds pretty neat, actually. :)

It'd be cool if they could introduce other colors, too. Like pink or 'blush' because I actually like the lighter pink! Maybe something to do once they get things going.

Looks to me like it's just another big company that's after money. And neuro-typicals with bio-mechanical issues will buy them because they want to stay sexy and **** like normal people do.

You mean overhyped products that fall apart when you use them? I gave up on the "dollar shave club" after several cartridges over the months I have them shucked blades while in use.

The branding was a misnomer anyhow. Even buying Gillette cartridges at the grocery store runs down to about a dollar a shave.

willnotwill said:
You mean overhyped products that fall apart when you use them? I gave up on the "dollar shave club" after several cartridges over the months I have them shucked blades while in use.

The branding was a misnomer anyhow. Even buying Gillette cartridges at the grocery store runs down to about a dollar a shave.

We have tested out these new Willow Underwear. They look and feel very nice...but...they are missing quite a few features that people with incontinence typically require. I don't see them as useful for anything other than light stress incontinence, for which normally a bladder control pad would do just fine.

Anyone else try them out?

Not sure if they are the same as a product I have tried on amazon called Hasocare, but they look identical. Not sure if they are really a replacement for the existing market of adult products, but they should find a niche right next to products like depent real fit/silhouette.

Honeywell6180 said:
Looks to me like it's just another big company that's after money.

That's literally the reason why companies exist -- to make money. :-/

Anyway, the products look amazing. They look much more like underwear than a diaper.

tiny said:
That's literally the reason why companies exist -- to make money. :-/

Anyway, the products look amazing. They look much more like underwear than a diaper.

You want them? Go on ahead and buy. It's your privilege to acquire the very products you want. And of course, someone else's preference is really none of my business.

Instant Pot sells their cheap multi-cooker in droves, especially since they're "the thing", regardless of the availability of something nicer and of better quality. Freedom and capitalism are why I prefer a DeLonghi deep fryer over a Philips air fryer. By the same token, I also have every right to not send Willow a single penny, preferring to buy something more comfortable from somebody else like Bambino instead.

I am just sick and tired of companies like KC shoving their Depend product in my face, and then having to deal with their product waste while at an account. A good quality diaper like the ABU Little Paws seals much better, is very hiegenic, doesn't smell, and doesn't leak (and yes, I've dealt with spent ABUniverse products while cleaning a public restroom). But any of the Depend garments, up to and including the Silhouettes and Real Fits, are just downright disgusting. Sorry for being so direct, but as a janitor, I deal with that stuff every day.

So now I guess I get to go clean up after yet another unpleasant product....

Last edited:
Well, now that I know they're missing out features and stuff, not so excited. I kind of liked the 'big person undies' look for days that I'm feeling more 'grown up', but if they can't do the job for me, I'll just stick with the regular diapers that do work. :p

I'm not one who swears that the only way to be effective the diaper has to be four inches thick and suck up a wading pool, but if they don't even put on something like leg gathers then they aren't too much better than a pad. (Which don't work for me for multiple reasons. Ever had one shift around and stick to your hoohah? Not. Fun.)

CuddleWoozle said:
… they aren't too much better than a pad. (Which don't work for me for multiple reasons. Ever had one shift around and stick to your hoohah? Not. Fun.)

I just tried to jump and cross my legs at the same time. That is THE WORST sensation. Gah. Ow. GEEZ.

OmiOMy said:
I just tried to jump and cross my legs at the same time. That is THE WORST sensation. Gah. Ow. GEEZ.

Like ripping off the worst bandage of your LIFE. *shudders* That's why I went to diapers. I don't have to worry about anything sticky (other than the tapes, which stick to the diaper and not to me!)

Considering they are backed by the two idiots from hubble it's no wonder they are just another run of the mill let me make a million dollars adventure. It seems a lot of these "Hi I'm so and so and I'm so and so and we started blah blah blah because there is was a thing" companies are popping up. The one idiot from hubble doesn't even say anything other than his name in the commercial. He just stands there like what is your purpose? I don't see these guys going to far. Make a few million and sell the company to someone else to do some actual real work.

I wasn't so much commenting on the quality of these diapers (I have not yet seen them) but the comparison to the Dollar Shave Club which makes a terrible product at an inflated price and survives mostly on hype.

CuddleWoozle said:
Like ripping off the worst bandage of your LIFE. *shudders* That's why I went to diapers. I don't have to worry about anything sticky (other than the tapes, which stick to the diaper and not to me!)

Pull-on underwear are made with adhesive as well to secure the absorbent core to the outer shell. Most companies are able to secure the pad very well so you never get exposed to the adhesive. These diapers, unfortunately, are missing that feature, among other things so exposure of adhesive to skin is something we did experience in our trial when the pad gets folded under by pulling up the diaper.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Pull-on underwear are made with adhesive as well to secure the absorbent core to the outer shell. Most companies are able to secure the pad very well so you never get exposed to the adhesive. These diapers, unfortunately, are missing that feature, among other things so exposure of adhesive to skin is something we did experience in our trial when the pad gets folded under by pulling up the diaper.

Oh, mah, gourd. NO.

I already have trouble with Always Discreet 'folding in' at the corners of the padding and rubbing my skin sore. They should really think about making the corners rounded...I feel like they'd stick in better. (But it's Procter and Gamble so I doubt they'd do anything about it because it would require changing their machinery and I suspect they're using at least -part- of the old baby diaper machinery to make the pads that go inside. :p)

Someone really needs to invent/create a fully padded pull up with leak guards. Front to back padding. I guess that thickness is a main concern for people who use pull-ups, but they need to ask themselves whether they want protection or not.

Well, the thing is that you have different degrees of incontinence. Like, some people will dribble a bit before they can get to the bathroom, and pull-ons/pads will work for them. Others, like me, just start going at the drop of a hat. Once it starts, I can't stop it, so it would actually be -worse- if I tried to pull down a pull-up and get on the toilet. So depending on bladder size, a pull-on might work for them or not. They don't work so well for me, but I've never tried one with a seriously good reputation. Then there are others that just have no control at all. They just go constantly throughout the day. They usually need a full on diaper because it's easier to deal with than worrying "Am I going to leak?"

So the 'low-capacity' padding actually does serve a purpose. :3 And is probably why KC is even still in the business of making Depend. For little dribbles, they're alright, but for anything above that, nope.

Tried them with my fully IC grandmother. Worst. mistake. of. my. life.

That's why all these diaper reviews people do here are so dang helpful. When you're IC or someone else in your family is, it's nice to know a rough capacity and how 'reliable' the padding is. Before you come home and it's everywhere. EVEN ON THE CEILING. (I SO wish I was joking about that. D: I am, unfortunately, not.)

I mean here's an idea, why don't diaper companies idk, look to the ab/dl world for feedback from time to time, they can keep making their crappy paper thin products alongside a run of ab/dl approved products, after all who's going to put a diaper through its paces more than an ab/dl community. There are times when discretion is required, I understand why some people want protection that isn't noticeable, but it seems like the companies only produce 'Not noticable' and, 'not functional' aside from a few brands. lets see some people start to invest in functional. Lets iron out things that work before we start to test the whole discrete thing. Idk maybe I'm crazy... but it's just a thought.

I was going to be impressed by the $50 for a pack of 60, since I just paid over $100 for my case of 60 BetterDry, but reading the other comments here, particularly from Adam, makes me realise that they're that cheap because they're a cheaply made product. If I wanted a pad that folded up and got painfully stuck to my nether region hair, I'd just use my menstural pads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back