Finding the right diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhotographer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
So as part of my plan to figure out wearing in college is to find the best diaper that fits what I need. I’m still working on figuring out the other stuff I said in a older post, I thought this would be a easy one to figure out. Since you guys are more knowledgeable with diapers I thought I would list what I’m looking for in a diaper at college.

-Absorbency. Looking for something that could last a few hours but don’t need anything super crazy.
-Quiet/discreet. I understand that diapers that are good are not great at being discreet. I just want to find something that would not loudly crinkle as I climb up my ladder into bed, make my but look big/ obviously padded, and something that would not make me waddle.
-Price. Even though I can get any diaper I want now that I’m in college I don’t want spend 40 dollars on just a tiny pack of 10. The price has to be reasonable.
-Design. This is probably the least important part. While I don’t care if a diaper has a pattern, I would prefer either no pattern or simple like what most medical brands have (wetness indicators or slight color accent).

From that list, I came up with a few diapers that could work for me. Abena m4 and north shore care supreme lites. If you have more ideas plus any thing that would making wearing easier like a onesie, baggy pants, or anything else please let me know.

I would definitely get some plain onesies. I'm incontinent, I always have a onesie on when I leave the house. Most of my onesies are from Preventawear (I have both the snappy style and romper style ones from them. I just tug the romper-style ones low to start zipping it, and then high to finish zipping it, allowing me to put it on without assistance from someone else). I also have a couple plain ones from MsLorraineX's Wear2Work line on eBay or Etsy. All of my onesies are solid black. Once I got the onesies a few months after I switched from pullup-style protection to diaper-style protection, I got a lot more confident in wearing diapers out of the house. They help muffle noise, they help with sag, and if my t-shirt rides up no one sees anything but black shirt there. My everyday diaper is a Northshore Supreme (not even the lites), and I've been wearing one of them daily with a onesie since restarting work about 6 months ago, and as of yet no one has realized I'm wearing a diaper, and I give a lot of credit for that to the help the onesie provides.

I use Northshore Airpremiums, and they work well for me. They're easily concealed under baggier pants (wouldn't necessarily recommend wearing them with skinny jeans or anything like that), and really don't make a whole lot of noise. I can wet them properly at least two or three times before I feel like I need to change. Most of the time when I change, it's because it's been a few hours and I don't want to get a rash, rather than that I'm concerned about leaks. I can't comment on the onesie situation since I've never used one, but I've been repeatedly told that they're very good for supporting a diaper and reducing noise and bulk.

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll be sure to look into these. I will also be getting onsie since it could be very handy from you told me.

During the day when I'm out and about (like weekends) I'll wear a tykables waddler, there pretty thin and quiet, I tend to wear a onesie over then also, I just like the comfort. Waddlers also hold there own in absorbency, I would compare then to the M4 in that department, especially if your only wearing for a few hours at a time.
Now the deal breaker for most wearers in your position, the price, as with most premium diapers the costs are pretty high, but if you order by the case (80) diapers in this case you will see a big savings rather then order 10 packs here and there.

Abena is decent for a midgrade diaper. You may also want to consider molicare or tena slip too. Tranauality ATN is closer to the low end, but still works ok for a couple of hours (one flooding at the most).

Also, look online for medical supply stores near you. Give them a call to see if they carry adult diapers, then go see what they have and for how much. With in-store shopping you can get a single bag without high shipping rates. Plus most will carry half-decent diapers, better than store brands at least.

So I was thinking I’m probably not ready to wear out to classes yet so what ever I get does not need to be thin anymore as I’ll be only wearing to bed. This opens up a lot of options for me, but still need something not super crinkly that it would be heard under a onsie, sweat pants, and blanket.

Also how are these? I have heard of molicare before and there are 30 so I could easily double up.https://www.amazon.com/Hartmann-Mol...&qid=1536185269&sr=8-6&keywords=Molicare&th=1

Last edited:
I would use the breathable diapers something cheap from a nearby store. College isn’t cheap and you need to conserve money. Also diapers aren’t cheap. I would say if you can find them First Quality briefs. They are plastic backed but they are cheap. I get mine at a pharmacy by my home and they cost $9.00. For 18 briefs. They hold a lot and are comfortable and don’t leak. If not you can get the old standby of all assurance. Good luck on your search

Cheaper, thunner, and certainly cloth like disposables are not going to be enough for overnight use. You will need better than molicare, and you will need plastic backed diapers. I highly recommend Confidry24/7, Northshore Supreme, Betterdry/Crinklz, or PeekABU (though ABU's tape panel does make them the loudest of the four).

A onesie will help with noise, but if you're really worried about it then consider adding PUL pants over your diaper. They are extremely quiet and great to muffle any diaper crinkle. Plus they will catch any small leaks, which is what's the most noticable of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back